The return of Samson Satele? He is coming in for a workout Monday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The return of Samson Satele? He is coming in for a workout Monday

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins' search for a roster replacement for injured Mike Pouncey will extend beyond guard Daryn Colledge.

A source said tonight that the Dolphins also have booked center Samson Satele for a workout on Monday.

Colledge and Satele are expected to be joined by two other linemen at Monday's workout. The identity of the other two was not immediately known.

Satele, drafted 60th overall by Miami in 2007, started his first two NFL seasons for the Dolphins before being traded to Oakland in March 2009 for a sixth-rounder and an exchange of fourth-round picks.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-samson-satele-for-workout.html#storylink=cpy

SamsonSateleSeattleSeahawksvMiamiDolphin-1.jpg

Wilfork needs a happy meal to eat.

They've brought in a couple O lineman to look at. That's great and if any of them can help i'm all for it.

I honestly rather watch Larsen and Brenner take turns getting beat than see him come back. I would let the 35 year old ex cowboy try out before him.. :(

I honestly rather watch Larsen and Brenner take turns getting beat than see him come back. I would let the 35 year old ex cowboy try out before him.. :(

Even if we go into the season with one of them as a starter we will still need to add depth. He wouldn't be my first choice tho but could do worse I guess.

Well we are horrible on oline and these signings definitely show that we are scraping bottom to fix it. U have to do the diligence though and some of these guys are better than what we have so why not.
None of these moves really make our line any better than last year though

I like the intel gathering and not standing pat with the in house guys.

We have to get more depth, if one other guy goes down while Pouncy is out .... we could see Vernon or Odrick starting on the O-line. :chuckle:

I would take Satele at Center for 2-6 games over Brenner, Shelly Smith or anyone else at Center. He would be a band-aid solution to a big problem and better than any in-house options we have

I would take Satele at Center for 2-6 games over Brenner, Shelly Smith or anyone else at Center. He would be a band-aid solution to a big problem and better than any in-house options we have
And even if he doesn't start...he'll be good depth, at least until Pouncy comes back!

Its just important to hold it together until Pouncey gets back...a little veteran insurance is a good idea...But I still want to see Larsen compete for the spot.

Losing Pouncey sucks, but we are still upgraded over last year at the tackle position and probably guard position as well.

Its not how you start the season...its how you finish it.(see the 2013 Miami Dolphins).

I'm not going to pretend to know if he's any good or not (probably not seeing as the Colts cut him for $4 mill and there has been little interest) but there is a DT on the Broncos that hates his guts. During the Colts Broncos game the DT took a penalty against him then later on special teams you could see that same DT holding up Satele's leg in the pile chopping on it literally trying to break it. So if he's our center during the Broncos game things could get interesting.

I'm not going to pretend to know if he's any good or not (probably not seeing as the Colts cut him for $4 mill and there has been little interest) but there is a DT on the Broncos that hates his guts. During the Colts Broncos game the DT took a penalty against him then later on special teams you could see that same DT holding up Satele's leg in the pile chopping on it literally trying to break it. So if he's our center during the Broncos game things could get interesting.

Two former MIA teamates - (I believe) Kevin Vickerson and Sataele were going after it - Vickerson lost his composure

Back
Top Bottom