The return of Samson Satele? He is coming in for a workout Monday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The return of Samson Satele? He is coming in for a workout Monday

Wilfork and the big DT's in the AFC East used to toss Satele around like a rag doll, I have no interest in seeing that again.

Typical Dolphins fashion looking down the bottom of the barrel
What's sad is this isn't the bottom of the barrel. these are the best(only) linemen available. Much rather see Garner-Brenner-Smith-Larsen

What's sad is this isn't the bottom of the barrel. these are the best(only) linemen available. Much rather see Garner-Brenner-Smith-Larsen

They had their chance to improve the iine more in free agency but they settled on the one lineman. There were better guard free agents avail they did not make a run at.

Satele, 29, then started three seasons for the Raiders, before moving on to Indianapolis, where he started 11 games in 2012 and 13 in 2013.

Pro Football Focus rated Satele 31st among 35 qualifying centers last season ---- 18th as a pass blocker but last as a run blocker. He allowed one sack.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-samson-satele-for-workout.html#storylink=cpy

Not much help for the running game but at least with Samson our QB might stay upright.

We're talking about a backup center available off the street in June. You can't expect anything worthwhile. Satele is the best you can expect, which is not saying much. The Colts couldn't wait to get rid of him. I'd hope that Brenner or even Larsen could beat him out in camp. Brenner seems like he has some good movement skills in the run game but quick d tackles can get on Brenner in a hurry especially in the pass rush. Satele may be safer in pass pro but a progress stopper for younger prospects like Brenner and Larsen who could use development time for the future as our previous coach would say.

We needed MORE help earlier in free agency. Hickey was not aggressive enough. You can't settle for the bare minimum when your o-line is a steaming pile of dung.

They had their chance to improve the iine more in free agency but they settled on the one lineman. There were better guard free agents avail they did not make a run at.
They actually signed a guard and a tackle in free agency and if Pouncey was healthy, they wouldn't even be looking at someone like Satele. Like Austin said, you can't expect much in June

They actually signed a guard and a tackle in free agency and if Pouncey was healthy, they wouldn't even be looking at someone like Satele. Like Austin said, you can't expect much in June

I know they signed a guard and a tackle. A guard that barely cracked a bad situation at guard when the starter got injured and a tackle that has more dnp in 4 years than he does have plays.
I don't even count Fox as a signing. He gets injured lacing up his sneakers

These are the type of signings I was hoping Ireland would make last offseason, if you don't have quality then go with quantity. Give the staff plenty of options, hope the competition will bring the most out of one of them, and give yourself some depth. The worst thing you can do is leave $20 million in cap space to collect dust and hope you hit it out of the park with that undrafted guy.

Why is Satele an option when he doesn't block people?

A lineman the doesn't block, that makes sense.

Let's bring Wilford back to catch the ball for us while we are at it.

Steele would be a decent pick up. Granted, he is not a superstar. However, he is a good fit in the zone blocking scheme. Where he struggles is in a power scheme. He has plenty of experience which is what we seriously lack right now.

Back
Top Bottom