The solution | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The solution

WestCoastPhins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Ok here is my solution to the QB situation. Have Feeley start during pre-season to see how he truly plays and get him used to the dolphins in a game scenario. This way he is not like Griese and uncomfortable throwing to our wide recievers. Then have Jay start game 4 of preseason to see just how good the year will be. That way fans can see how the year will compare for each QB and there wont be all those stupid what if's. And its preseason so still no loss if one QB is playing worse still make him second string.

All I am hoping for is that they dont put Feeley in when he isnt ready. It would suck if they made him starter this year before he completly knew the offense and blew a starter chance. Be much better if Fielder started and have Feeley compete next year for the job when he is just as well adapted with the system. That way he wont have people saying he sucks if he does play bad out of uncomfort with the offense. Just and Idea.

no because the starting qb during the preseason doesnt play very much. have jay play the first few minutes like usual and have aj come in for the rest of the game. and try to mix in some starters at receiver so he can get used to our receivers. lets just hope he doesnt get hurt.

Juice_56 said:
no because the starting qb during the preseason doesnt play very much. have jay play the first few minutes like usual and have aj come in for the rest of the game. and try to mix in some starters at receiver so he can get used to our receivers. lets just hope he doesnt get hurt.

agreed--give AJ every chance to outplay Fiedler, cause you know that will happen with what they have invested in Feeley. I think the Fins will rally around Fiedler and he will once again be our starter, due to Feeley's struggles. But you have to give AJ the helm with the starters to get a real picture.

Hey guys I'm a female from Miami. (new to the forum) I personally have not liked Jay for years now. I don't think he has performed no where near the way he should have. We should have tried to pick up a much better QB a couple of years ago. I am very optimistic with A.J. beating him out for the spot this year and I hope to God that he is an upgrade. hahaha

I am not a Fiedler supporter but I think he will start the first few games due to the fact that AJ wont be completely ready. With Jay we know what we have it isnt spectacular but it works for the most part. I say we sit AJ until he truely earns his spot on the field, then when he is ready let him take over. Come on folks we all know Jay cant make it through a complete year, so AJ will be at the helm fairly soon lets not rush it.

Fins2theend said:
I am not a Fiedler supporter but I think he will start the first few games due to the fact that AJ wont be completely ready. With Jay we know what we have it isnt spectacular but it works for the most part. I say we sit AJ until he truely earns his spot on the field, then when he is ready let him take over. Come on folks we all know Jay cant make it through a complete year, so AJ will be at the helm fairly soon lets not rush it.

I'm in Orlando as well and I despise Jerry Greene. What exactly did he say to you? Many thanks.

phinsphan4ever said:
I'm in Orlando as well and I despise Jerry Greene. What exactly did he say to you? Many thanks.

It wasnt said to me it was an article that he wrote. The one where he called the Phins the "Clowns of the Sea", and said that any Phins fan that thought we were better than last year was certifiable. The article was nothing but name calling and looked as if it was written by a 13 year old. He also blasted the FO for getting Feeley so I asked him if Feeley and the Phins worked out if he would print an apology that was the reply I got.

Unless Feeley proves to be incompetent, he is the starter.

Section126 said that he heard Norv Turner on radio state that we attempted more "nines" than all other teams in the NFL with the exception of Tennessee. Did it look like it?

After reading a recent article somewhere :rolleyes: I'm beginning to think Joel Collier lost his job because as a result of ideas. Whether it was his frustration of his own not being used or Dave's frustration that he wouldn't fully committ to the 2003 playbook. It was his first chance at OC and he was given a playbook and told to use it. That's not an OC's job.

Dave wants to run and use the play action to pass. My thinking is that Collier had his own ideas and would have rather utilized a spread similar to that of Chan Gailey.

Either way Fiedler has proven to be incompetent in the offense that Dave wants to run. What's left?

Feeley is the QB.

At this time jay has to be the starter. AJ is going to need all the snaps in preseason he can get to become comfy with the O. AJ will get PT with the starters as well as the res's. Timing is the key at this point as well as getting on the same page with the rec on coverage, blitz reads, check offs and auto routes. AJ brings more to the table with his arm and ability to he the rec in stride which allows more yac. (something that miami has been lacking over the last 4 years)

miafinsfan said:
Hey guys I'm a female from Miami. (new to the forum) I personally have not liked Jay for years now. I don't think he has performed no where near the way he should have. We should have tried to pick up a much better QB a couple of years ago. I am very optimistic with A.J. beating him out for the spot this year and I hope to God that he is an upgrade. hahaha
Welcome. I am a female fan from South Louisiana, as is obvious I suppose, by my avatar!

Anyway, I truly do not believe Feeley will ever start for this team unless Fiedler sustains an injury or DW is fired. Just the way I feel.

I also think they should have cut Fiedler, went for a veteran who has proved himself, like Collins or Brunell. Give them a new system and see what happens. The only thing is Collins and Brunell both succeeded in aggressive offenses. This team's offensive woes will continue until they become agressive and quit with all the conservatism. I'm no big Bobby Bowden fan, but you can't argue with a winning coach who says "no guts, no glory!" ....and he's right.

Back
Top Bottom