The Start Of Free Agency Could Be Delayed Until The Start Of April! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Start Of Free Agency Could Be Delayed Until The Start Of April!

Ryan1973

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
I just read on Pro Football Talk that free agency could be pushed back until April because their trying to work out a new CBA. That would put a lot of teams in a bind since there wouldn't much time between then and the draft. Plus, we would have to wait another fricken month to wonder who the Dolphins will sign. I hope this doesn't happen.

IF that is the case, then the month of March will be a very boring month. Thank god for NASCAR and golf, because I hate basketball. Guess I'll just have to spend more time up in the mountains.
I doubt that happens, but if means a new deal, then I'am for it.

Ruderic said:
That Sucks!

Ya, it would. Teams would only have a couple of weeks to sign players before the draft. Normally, who you pick up in free agency changes the way you will draft as far as positions of need. So there would be a mad scramble in early April to sign free agents.

I hope not....I can't wait for us to get some guys in free agency and then we'd have time to talk about the draft after that but if is only 2 weeks before the draft is gonna get crazy.

Ozzy rules!!

That would be very bad of a lot of teams...obviously the owners and NFLPA are consulting the personnel guys about this...but I see the issue. Contracts for the FAs will be less because of the impending CBA agreement...

SpurzN703 said:
NASCAR and Golf? Yikes :p

Yea,
I can watch those, plus go and play golf. I just pretent that the ball is the head of a Jets player. I can't watch that basketball crap.:sidelol:

While it would suck to have to wait for free agency...........I'd rather they take the extra time as long as it is definately going to result in a new CBA.

steveincolorado said:
Yea,
I can watch those, plus go and play golf. I just pretent that the ball is the head of a Jets player. I can't watch that basketball crap.:sidelol:

Golf on TV is about as exciting as watching Flies reproduce on the nature channel, and Nascar is just a notch better, cars going around in circles......good time to actually live life a little instead watching others do it.

BlueFin said:
Golf on TV is about as exciting as watching Flies reproduce on the nature channel, and Nascar is just a notch better, cars going around in circles......good time to actually live life a little instead watching others do it.

That's good advice but I live in Canada and it's been snowing here like crazy, I need my TV!!

BlueFin said:

Agreed. The only thing lamer than NASCAR is Women's hoops.

BlueFin said:

Thanks for your opinion, but I'll live my life and you can go and live your own life. May head up to the mountains and relax today.:lol:

i would take a nascar race over the 49ers/texans or any other crap team. id rather watch something a bit more relaxing then watch high school football teams pose as NFL teams

Lappy said:
That's good advice but I live in Canada and it's been snowing here like crazy, I need my TV!!

Yea, I know what you mean. I love going up to the mountains, but you also need your tv time as well and college basketball sucks. The NHL is good come playoff time.

Back
Top Bottom