The Tuck rule: Let's discuss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tuck rule: Let's discuss

DirkDiggler

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ok, guys I need to get my mind off the fins for a while. Did any of you get to see the Dallas / Cardinals game? Romo got blasted in the endzone, fumbled the ball and AZ got the T.D........er, no they didnt the old Tuck rule raised its ugly head again. This sucks. How can it be that if you sack the quarterback most times and he fumbles its a fubmble but the zebras can arbitraraly call it a tuck when its convenient. Well here are the rules that Dirk would propose to the NFL. See if you agree with me.

1) If the quarteback has the ball and loses it regardless of if his hand is moving in a passing motion or not its a free ball. Its a free ball if you intercept it so what the hell is the difference if his hand is moving.

2) if the quarterback has the ball and tucks it of hides it or sticks it up his butt, if the defender knocks the crap out of him and he drops the rock its a fumble.

3) If for any reason the quarter back drops the ball behind the line of scrimage before his knee hits the ground and is touched by a defender its a free ball>

Come on how hard is this. lets man up this rule!!!

Go Fish.:kick:

The tuck rule. It was a crap rule in the Patriots game in 2007 and it is a crap rule with the Cowboys in 2008. Time to stop adding new rules like the deffer the ball rule and look at what we already have. This is a rule that needs to go.

I think the defenses get ripped off alot on forcing QB fumbles. I say if the ball comes out of the QBs hands, unless it was clearly a pass it should be ruled a fumble.

The biggest problem I have is when they rule these things incomplete pass when the BALL GOES BACKWARDS. Thats a lateral and a LIVE BALL. I dont care if his arm was going forward. If the throws the ball backwards without a defender touching him its live. But, if a defender makes a play, knocks the ball away when he is trying to pass, and it goes backwards yet his arm is going forward its an incomplete pass?????? WTF is that.

The league is making things so tough on these defenders around QBs. You can only hit them in two areas of their bodies nowadays. And you have to hit them a certain way. Its alot of BS. I understand there is a lack of talent at QB, and the QB is their game and they have to protect them, but its getting ridiculous.

No way that wasnt a fumble by Romo.

I hate the ones too where the QBs arm is going forward and the defender CLEARLY knocks the ball out of his hand but the ball goes forward and so was the QBs arm so the rule it an incomplete pass. BS. If the guy knocks it out BEFORE the QB actually throws it, its a fumble for christ sakes.

And tuck rule is utter BS.

What i dont get is why owners put up with this crap? Hey if chad loses the ball then it sould be a free ball just like any other team. Like you said we even saw that today in the Texans game.

Tuck Rule = A rule created by the NFL and arbitarily used by officials to protect the league's "golden boy" quarterbacks that play in large markets from losing a game for their team.

Honestly, have you EVER seen a tuck rule call go for a QB that wasn't a "big name"? Or in a piviotal situation? Ever see the Tuck rule help Kurt Warner? or Kyle Orton? or Tavarous Jackson? or Gus Ferrote? NO! Only guys like Brady or Romo ever get the Tuck rule.

BS.

I don't know why a QB ever allows himself to be sacked. When it's imminent, just start to tuck the thing and whoops let go of it. No problem, it's an incomplete pass.

That's the thing I don't understand. The QB benefits from the ball slipping out of his hand. If Romo had successfully tucked it yesterday, that's a safety. But because he dropped it, the plays is an equivalent of an incomplete pass.

Most ridiculous rule in any sport.

Back
Top Bottom