The worst Dolphins draft picks — EVER! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The worst Dolphins draft picks — EVER!

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Select an all-time great player in the NFL draft and someday the results can end up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

With a bust.

Ironic, then, that if you make an all-time stinker of a pick, fans will forever let you know you selected … a bust.

There hasn’t been a football team yet that has avoided such pitfalls, and as Dolfans are painfully aware, Miami’s history is checkered with plenty such errors. Here, then, is our Draft Hall of Shame (parental discretion advised).

1. DE Eric Kumerow, Ohio State (1st, 1988): WHO???? screamed the headline in The Miami Herald.

Three seasons later, when Kumerow’s Dolphins career had ended, that headline could have been resurrected. Kumerow never started a single game in his NFL career.

“My favorite play is getting a blind-side shot at a quarterback,” Kumerow said when he was selected. “There’s no better feeling in the world.”

How did he know? His Dolphins career produced five sacks and just 25 tackles. That’s a steep price for the 16th overall pick, but it gets worse: The Dolphins were so high on Kumerow they rejected a trade-down with the Bears that would have given them an extra second-round selection.

Why didn’t they take … ? RB Craig “Ironhead” Heyward, LB Chris Spielman, CB Eric Allen, LB Ken Norton Jr.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/the-worst-dolphins-draft-picks-ever/nfn6w/

I remember every one of these picks except Rick Norton, wasn't a fan then, too young. Man have the Dolphins had some busts over the years. I just hope most are behind us.

In '95 Billy Milner and Andrew Greene, first and second round.

Feels like we have been paying for the perfect season ever since then.

The two picks that made me the most angry in my years watching the draft (from '99 on) were Ted Ginn and Pat White. Pat White was worst of all. I felt like Christopher Walken at the end of The Deer Hunter.

In retrospect the two worst picks in Dolphins history were, imo, Jamar Fletcher (over Drew Brees) and Ronnie Brown (over Aaron Rodgers).

I get that guys like Eric Kumerow and Billy Millner were historic level busts but taking Derrick Brooks or Curtis Martin over Millner, for example, does not make those Dolphins teams into Super Bowl contenders.

The two picks that made me the most angry in my years watching the draft (from '99 on) were Ted Ginn and Pat White. Pat White was worst of all. I felt like Christopher Walken at the end of The Deer Hunter.

In retrospect the two worst picks in Dolphins history were, imo, Jamar Fletcher (over Drew Brees) and Ronnie Brown (over Aaron Rodgers).

I get that guys like Eric Kumerow and Billy Millner were historic level busts but taking Derrick Brooks or Curtis Martin over Millner, for example, does not make those Dolphins teams into Super Bowl contenders.

I remember Aaron Rodgers sitting and waiting for his name to be called, team after team passed on him. One thing is for sure, the NFL draft, is not an exact science.

I remember Aaron Rodgers sitting and waiting for his name to be called, team after team passed on him. One thing is for sure, the NFL draft, is not an exact science.

It sure isn't but boy are there some people better at it than others.

eddie "the thrill" hill, yatil green horrible wr's. i think hill was traded to us from arizona i dont remember.
ciecel "the deisel" collins.
earthquake blake

I just hope we don't add any more names to the list this coming week!

Johnathan Martin was a waste. Not saying this because of the bully thing he was just not good enough to replace Long.

Back
Top Bottom