The worst Dolphins draft picks — EVER! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The worst Dolphins draft picks — EVER!

eddie "the thrill" hill, yatil green horrible wr's. i think hill was traded to us from arizona i dont remember.
ciecel "the deisel" collins.
earthquake blake

His name was Randall "thrill" Hill not Eddie. At least the Dolphins were able to trade him to the Arizona Cardinals the very same season he was drafted for the Cardinals first round pick the following season which ended up being the seventh pick in the draft and the Dolphins drafted Troy Vincent with the pick.

John Bousa or however you spelled his name, sorry if it is wrong in 1987 in the strike sseason. As really was a bust! Also due to signing late in the season as well.

eddie "the thrill" hill, yatil green horrible wr's. i think hill was traded to us from arizona i dont remember.
ciecel "the deisel" collins.
earthquake blake[/QUOTE Yatil we will never know how good he may have been - Injuries were his downfall - Unlike an Eddie Moore who was overdrafted because we needed Lbs

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

John Bosa - owe the pain!!!! Make it stop!!!

Pat White

Arguably the worst pick ever. At least Kumerow made a few sacks. Pat Whites most famous play was getting knocked out on a running play. No NFL arm. Just pathetic.

Never draft anyone named "Pat".

Taking a tackle with the number one pick after a 1-15 season...
With no qb on the roster...
You take Ryan or Mcfadden or trade down..
The last thing a 1-15 team needs is a high priced tackle

This thread could go on and on. One of the worse drafting teams over the last decade.

I was too young to understand the Rick Norton pick but my dad didn't like it. I remember trying to pretend that I knew what he was talking about. I had to ask my friend Stuart. He told me all about the difference between college and pro, and NFL and AFL.

I guess I was behind at age 6. By 8 I pretty much knew a bunch.

Injured guys like Yatil Green don't belong on that list.

I can argue that the worst first round decision is a pick we never made. Freddie Solomon was a superior player to Delvin Williams. I knew that at the time. He was also younger at a position in which it's easier to play well into your 30s than running back. Despite all of the above, Shula gave away Solomon and a first round pick and fifth round pick plus a mediocre safety named Vern Roberson to the 49ers for Williams. Unbelievable. Until that day I still thought Shula was a genius coach, and more championships would follow. Once he made that move I sensed he had no concept of value, and that the Dolphins' heyday had already passed.

To make matters worse, our pick in the second round was a disaster, a quarterback with a pop gun arm, Guy Benjamin. I was impressed that he's already been named in this thread. Benjamin had a remarkable combination of no athletic ability and no arm.

People still busting Long's Balls when the year before we pass on A Rodgers - NO WE DIDN'T HAVE A QB Then Either - For all who still want that mediocre Matt Ryan - get some perspective - he clearly wasn't the safe pick when you are 1 - 11 and it is a less than stellar draft to begin with

i remember kumerow looked promising in a couple preseason games with a few sacks. straight downhill from there though. i wanted chris speilman but the damn lions took him.

People still busting Long's Balls when the year before we pass on A Rodgers - NO WE DIDN'T HAVE A QB Then Either - For all who still want that mediocre Matt Ryan - get some perspective - he clearly wasn't the safe pick when you are 1 - 11 and it is a less than stellar draft to begin with

Hey no one is bashing your lover..
It isnt who is the worst dolphin ever.. Its worst pick and honestly after 1-15 you cant draft line

2001 - Jamar Fletcher - when Drew Brees was still on the board. Rick Spielman and Dave Wannstedt believed that they had a QB to replace Dan Marino in Jay Fiedler and thought that Fletcher could be a great player (we had Surtain and Madison as our CBs at the time). These guys were worse than Ireland at the Draft process and the next 15 QBs who represented the team between Fiedler and Tannehill could have been avoided if our Draft "brains trust" (and I use that term loosely) had had a clue what they were doing. The irony of this is that Spielman learned to improve his drafting process from the Dolphin stint. Although, 13 years later, he's the Minnesota Vikings GM and they are in desperate need of a QB but Rick has expressed confidence in Matt Cassell as their starter. Maybe the Vikings can find a short CB who is stiff-hipped or maybe Rick goes QB this year?

The two picks that made me the most angry in my years watching the draft (from '99 on) were Ted Ginn and Pat White. Pat White was worst of all. I felt like Christopher Walken at the end of The Deer Hunter.

In retrospect the two worst picks in Dolphins history were, imo, Jamar Fletcher (over Drew Brees) and Ronnie Brown (over Aaron Rodgers).

I get that guys like Eric Kumerow and Billy Millner were historic level busts but taking Derrick Brooks or Curtis Martin over Millner, for example, does not make those Dolphins teams into Super Bowl contenders.

Billy Milner didnt have the talent to even be an NFL player. Not even a backup. He takes the award hands down. All the other guys mentioned in this thread at least could play in some capacity even thougn they didnt live up to their draft status.
BTW, Jamar Fletcher wasnt that bad a player. He just wasnt a need at the time.

Back
Top Bottom