The Year of the Dolphin 2017 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Year of the Dolphin 2017

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
In the midst of the neverending knee jerking negativity...I have seen a vision of the Dolphin reprisal that will unfold in 2017........

The Dolphin O-line will gel into an effective unit bolstering the running game and passing game and allowing Jay Cutler to finally get in sync with his receivers...this takes time and was hurt by the early struggles of the O-line.

Tunsil will grow and improve becoming a top flight left tackle by seasons end.

The offense will become an effective scoring machine...and mated with a surprisingly effective defense the team becomes a factor in the AFC playoff scenario.

The defense continues to improve as the season wears on...McDonald joins Jones at midseason to form an intimidating safety combo...and further improve the run stopping prowess of this defense.

The linebacking Corp keeps improving with Alonso having a career year...Timmons bouncing back from his home sickness and embracing south Florida...Maualuga rounding into condition and giving us the run stopper we needed in the middle on early downs.

The young corners keep growing and improving giving us the long time future combo of Howard/Tankersly.

The D-line feeds off of this and is a pass rushing force with young Charles Harris getting better and better as the season progresses.

In the end.....this team is a playoff team and wins a playoff game at a minimum...Gase shakes off his early season funk again and sports 2nd year improvement in the end.

That is how see it....now...let the negativity resume in 5-4-3-2-1.....

In the midst of the neverending knee jerking negativity...I have seen a vision of the Dolphin reprisal that will unfold in 2017........

The Dolphin O-line will gel into an effective unit bolstering the running game and passing game and allowing Jay Cutler to finally get in sync with his receivers...this takes time and was hurt by the early struggles of the O-line.

The offense will become an effective scoring machine...and mated with a surprisingly effective defense the team becomes a factor in the AFC playoff scenario.

The defense continues to improve as the season wears on...McDonald joins Jones at midseason to form an intimidating safety combo...and further improve the run stopping prowess of this defense.

The linebacking Corp keeps improving with Alonso having a career year...Timmons bouncing back from his home sickness and embracing south Florida...Maualuga rounding into condition and giving us the run stopper we needed in the middle on early downs.

The young corners keep growing and improving giving us the long time future combo of Howard/Tankersly.

The D-line feeds off of this and is a pass rushing force with young Charles Harris getting better and better as the season progresses.

In the end.....this team is a playoff team and wins a playoff game at a minimum...Gase shakes off his early season funk again and sports 2nd year improvement in the end.

Dang man that would be so awesome if this somehow took place! We all deserve this so so much! Love the positivity bro!

Being positive is one thing, but being real about the situation is another.

Nothing on offense shows they will somehow instantly turn it around. They are what they are..

The Defense will still be good, run D is really improved and McDonald will help that, but he's not a good cover guy. He's not gonna be some great FS and I don't think he's actually going to play FS.

I don't see 5 wins on the schedule. It is what it is.

The key to winning football games hasn't changed in all those years: run the football and stop the run. We seem to be good in the latter. Now if we can find a way to effectively run the ball, this team still has a chance.

That's one hell of a vision......where can I get me one of those?

I can appreciate a fan thinking it doesn't look good...or being less than optimistic.

But I'll never understand the negative Nancy's...the same ones who wrote off the 1-4 Dolphins last year....failing to at least see the possibilities.

Although it may look like a lot, that's not a longshot to happen. Like I've seen you say before, we were 1-4. What was the board like then? Lol The only thing I doubt happens is anything to do with Cutler. However, the dude needs blocking and more time with the WRs. We have 4 options that can score a TD at anytime of the game. if our Offense gets going, our Offense could be top notch. To me, it all falls back on the O-Line. Love the positivity. There's no way other teams fans are like we are towards ours. PHINS UP Brother!!

But I'll never understand the negative Nancy's...the same ones who wrote off the 1-4 Dolphins last year....failing to at least see the possibilities.
Well you kind of asked for it, lol.

I believe this weeks game is going to show us a lot where we stand in the NFL worth department. If the team can stick together and limit Atlanta's offense and score a few touchdowns, even in a loss, there may be some hope on the horizon. The away games from here on out are not so pleasant so they need to make a stand to keep things in check going forward.

When we beat ATL on Sunday, everyone will jump back on Gase's jock. That's how sports work, people only believe in you when you have success. I am a huge Nationals fan and for years I have been saying Strasburg is a hell of a pitcher, but most Nats fans have been down on him because he hasn't come up big in the clutch. Well now that he is basically saving the Nats season, everybody loves him again and pretend like they always believed in his talent, just how sports work I guess.

Well done Blue, don't let all the negativity get to you, in here if you go off the rails being negative, people have no problem enjoying adding to the negativity, but if your too upbeat, and give too positive a prediction, the negativity starts two fold...hope in the end you have the last laugh. :thumbsup

If the Fins offense comes alive and they beat a good Atlanta team and get to 3 and 2 the talk will quickly turn from I won't spend money on this loser team to super bowl baby.
Just the highs and lows of being a Dolphins fan I guess.

If the Fins offense comes alive and they beat a good Atlanta team and get to 3 and 2 the talk will quickly turn from I won't spend money on this loser team to super bowl baby.
Just the highs and lows of being a Dolphins fan I guess.
if we somehow beat Atlanta we will quickly be 4-2. Jets at home should be a huge win

Being positive is one thing, but being real about the situation is another.

Nothing on offense shows they will somehow instantly turn it around. They are what they are..

The Defense will still be good, run D is really improved and McDonald will help that, but he's not a good cover guy. He's not gonna be some great FS and I don't think he's actually going to play FS.

I don't see 5 wins on the schedule. It is what it is.

I actually think the odds favor the offense getting better. I just don't see any offense remaining that inept for a full season. Plus despite the god awful performance, there is in fact some talent there.

Back
Top Bottom