There are great Coaches and Owners, there are bad Owners and bad Coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There are great Coaches and Owners, there are bad Owners and bad Coaches

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I just wanted to start this Sunday with questions that some of you may have asked your self in the last couple of years. Why can't we do good? Why are we always losing? Why is this unfair? These are the type of questions that are quite obvious. Whether you love Joe Robbie for being Cheap and all, by the time he was no longer with us he brought a perfect season, 2 Super Bowls, Super Bowl appearance,5 afc championships. He didn't do this on his own but he did this by making a decision to bring in Don Shula. It always starts with the owner making great decisions. This has been replayed to death but it is the truth.

We can take the same coin and use a bad owner such as Huizega and Ross. Huizega kept Wanny long enough to destroy us, and handed off the keys to Saban and Cameron to run the show. At this point before our current regime arrived years later, our team structure is hurt for a long decade without producing any major players in the draft. I am not even going to discuss on the players we drafted and that we missed because a lot of you here know that. Now we have Ross and he brought the wrong people again. Remember who Robbie brought years ago. He brought Shula, a guy with a good track record of Winning and that actually reached the Super Bowl before in recent memory. Not Bill Parcells who last won a Super Bowl before many of you were born, or Tony Sparano with 0 nfl wins. I am sure you guys get the point. If you ask yourself why this franchise is where it is then it is because we have the worst nfl owner in the league. We shouldn't even focus our energy and critiques on the rest cause they are an effect from his cause.

You bring real Coaches like Bill Belichick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-netwo...04cc/When-Welker-met-Belichick?module=HP11_cp

Not to use Bilichick as an example but as you watch this video see what happens after the Patriots qualify to the playoffs. Belichick stopped them and told them its not a big deal.
He expected them that they are not there yet. Tony in the other hand is happy to get a field goal and put 3 points on the board to get ahead. All the fist pump etc that you are use to.
That is night and day my friend!

This is precisely why we need an established NFL coach that has not only won the super bowl, but has the superb cache and respect of the NFL, players, and executives that he will bring. Bill Cowher would be my choice.
Right now, the Fins are a laughing stock with Bill Parcells snickering behind the scenes. The team is being run by amateurs, and the product on the field is all the evidence that is needed.
Look at the comments by Marshall this week. The coach/organization should have put his foot on his neck. Instead those strange statements are just ignored. It just looks very weak to me.

Well truth be told, Huizenga actually is partly responsible for our mess now too. He brought the Tuna in and then sold the team before the next season started, or started the selling process. We almost lost Tuna before the 1st draft even. That actually might have been a blessing for us had it happened.

You bring real Coaches like Bill Belichick.
Look at Belichicks first shot as a head coach. It was a disaster. Belichick returned to Parcells as an assistant for several years with NE and the Jets before getting another HC shot. If Brady doesn't land in his lap it's hard to say how successful he would have been.

Huizega kept Wanny long enough to destroy us
Four consecutive winning seasons. Made the playoffs his first two seasons. Why would you fire a coach who's record is 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6 ?

Basically, I'm pointing out that most of what you wrote is flawed with a heavy dose of hind-sight and angry fan thinking.

Look at Belichicks first shot as a head coach. It was a disaster. Belichick returned to Parcells as an assistant for several years with NE and the Jets before getting another HC shot. If Brady doesn't land in his lap it's hard to say how successful he would have been.

Four consecutive winning seasons. Made the playoffs his first two seasons. Why would you fire a coach who's record is 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6 ?

Basically, I'm pointing out that most of what you wrote is flawed with a heavy dose of hind-sight and angry fan thinking.

Because we should have been VERY deep in the playoffs in Wannstedt's last two years. Those teams were crazy talented (thanks to JJ's drafting) and they were underachieving under Wannstedt.

I wanted Wannstedt fired at the end of 2002. The writing was on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom