There is a new No. 3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is a new No. 3

Did you know.........out of all of the conferences (SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10, ACC, Big East....etc) the BIG EAST has the best out of conference record.

If they don't let WV or L'ville in there is no positive way to spin that .........at all. Meaning, to not have egg on their face, WV or L'ville if they run the table will be in that final game over every and any 1 loss team. And FOX and the BCS know that.

another reason why a 1 loss team won't be let in the final game over an unbeaten Big East team is......

Your gonna have a ton of 1 loss teams (Tenn, Tex, USC, Florida, Auburn, Mich/OhioSt)........how do you pick one????? And do it fair?? To avoid that controversy, and to not have egg on their face with the big east OOC record, FOX and the BCS won't pass up the Big East team.

MikeO said:
another reason why a 1 loss team won't be let in the final game over an unbeaten Big East team is......

Your gonna have a ton of 1 loss teams (Tenn, Tex, USC, Florida, Auburn, Mich/OhioSt)........how do you pick one????? And do it fair?? To avoid that controversy, and to not have egg on their face with the big east OOC record, FOX and the BCS won't pass up the Big East team.

I agree with that actually. I think the Big East having the best non conference record has a lot to do with the horrible non conference games they schedule though. They arent going against the best of the ACC, which isnt a strong conference to begin with, or the SEC.

DonShula84 said:
I agree with that actually. I think the Big East having the best non conference record has a lot to do with the horrible non conference games they schedule though. They arent going against the best of the ACC, which isnt a strong conference to begin with, or the SEC.
Exactly. It's very easy to be misled by having the "best non-conference record". Too bad that dosen't mean a thing until you break it down and see who they were actually playing.

Its acceptable to have a one loss team in over an undefeated if the one loss team is better. West Virginia will beat Louisville IMO. But are they as good as Florida, Auburn, or even Michigan?

Trekbiz said:
Funny how you guys keep referring to Miami to defend the validity of how good your teams are.
Talk about an inferiority complex!

Miami has nothing to do with this discussion and I don't see anyone defending that Miami isn't in trouble.
So what's your point?

There are a number of teams that have one loss that I feel would well deserve being voted ahead of the Big East trio that so much hype is being laid upon.

How do you even have time for this discussion anyway, should'nt you be searching for hidden Mountaineer fans for your website on a San Diego Charger or Toronto Blue Jay fansite?
Bottom line ...

If you wanna' play for the title, DON'T LOSE!!!

Alex44 said:
Its acceptable to have a one loss team in over an undefeated if the one loss team is better. West Virginia will beat Louisville IMO. But are they as good as Florida, Auburn, or even Michigan?
This would be a subjective assessment.

Again, if the one loss team wanted to play for the title, then they shouldn't have lost.

Majpain said:
Also Gators moved up to 4th. Call it a longshot but if WVU loses and OSU beat Michigan. I think we may see the Gators play OSU.

Not a long shot at all. That is who I have in my title game at this point.
We will see that WVU is not real, nor is Louisville. People are blowing the Big East up saying they are better than what they are percieved to be, yet WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers have played NO ONE. They have played the worst teams in the nation and won.

WVU vs. Louisville will be the biggest pillow fight of the season. WVU will win, because they have an OK running back and Louisville just isn't that good. Rutgers is too far back to contend even if they win out.

A one loss Florida is way better than an undefeated WVU. And being an OSU fan, I don't want to face WVU in the NC game. Ohio State will kill them, it would be soooo boring.

Bumpus said:

Again, if the one loss team wanted to play for the title, then they shouldn't have lost.

*NEWSFLASH* A large part of the BCS formula is based on subjective voting.

Bumpus said:

What if the one loss team had a far tougher schedule?

Bumpus said:

This is the most asinine comment I've read on here in awhile. What team wants to lose a game? :shakeno: Try playing a tougher schedule.

Motion said:
This is the most asinine comment I've read on here in awhile. What team wants to lose a game? :shakeno: Try playing a tougher schedule.
That post falls under the category of: Consider the Source

DonShula84 said:

One example. Is it Louisville's fault that Miami stinks this year?? When they scheduled that game probalby 8 years ago miami was a force. You can't punish L'ville for that.

Back
Top Bottom