These are draftable tight ends and linemen Dolphins fans should keep an eye on | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

These are draftable tight ends and linemen Dolphins fans should keep an eye on

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins need two tight ends this offseason, and while there isn’t a logical fit at No. 11 in the draft, they should have appealing options on Day Two.
“At tight end, I don’t know if any of them are going in the first round,” NFL Network’s Mike Mayock said. “I have [South Carolina’s] Hayden Hurst No. 1 because I think he blocks a little bit also.
“I think Dallas Goedert from South Dakota State, Mike Gesicki from Penn State and Mark Andrews from Oklahoma are all outstanding receiving options, all matchup tight ends. Think Zach Ertz in Philadelphia as a potential example. None of them are primary blockers in the run game.”
NOTRE DAME LINEMEN
Here is Mayock’s assessment of two Notre Dame offensive linemen who have been linked to Miami’s pick at No. 11 — tackle Mike McGlinchey and guard Quenton Nelson. (Neither player was great against UM.)
On Nelson: “First, he’s 330 pounds. He’s got a nasty demeanor. He finishes with an edge. He’s probably the best run-blocking interior offensive lineman I’ve seen in years. Plus, in today’s NFL, you’ve got to protect your quarterback.
“Every quarterback I’ve talked to in the NFL says what bothers them the most is immediate pressure up the middle. So you’ve got a guy that can set a physical edge in the middle of your lineup front and allow your quarterback to step up. That’s a big deal. So he’s great in the run game. He’s very good in the pass game.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article203783134.html

This is where I rank some of the tight ends that would be good fits for Miami (complete tight ends with some pass-catching ability)

Tier 1 (Early round 2)
Dallas Goedert, Hayden Hurst

Tier 2 (Late round 2, round 3)
Mark Andrews, Mike Gesicki, Ian Thomas

Tier 3 (rounds 4-5)
Troy Fumagalli, Chris Herndon, Jordan Akins, Dalton Schultz

Outside the first 2, I think Fumagalli will be a stud. He is right in the mix with your tier 2 players.
Fumagalli !!! Lol

I wouldn't doubt if the Patriots take a tight end in round one. Gronk has been injury prone and talking retirement.

Nelson make so much sense for Miami, but I do wonder if they'd go offensive line in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom