Things the Miami Dolphins cannot afford to Happen in the 2017 season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Things the Miami Dolphins cannot afford to Happen in the 2017 season

We can't afford to get gashed in the run game. We can't afford for Phillips to waltz through ball games not making plays. This kid was a #2 draft pick and I wish he would mature into a dominating run stuffing monster. I recall the pre draft hype on Phillips, about how he's so athletic he can do a back flip from a standing position. Were is that guy, someone has to light a fire under that guy. He has many opportunities and on top of that 90% of the double teams go to Suh and Wake so he's 1 on 1 pretty often. I felt that he would come on last season but I was wrong because it looked similar to the year before. Let's hope that this is his season to bring it big time.

Awww ****, it's Skaggs.

That kid's gonna be a superstar once his balls drop...and his braces finally come off.

We can't afford to get gashed in the run game. We can't afford for Phillips to waltz through ball games not making plays. This kid was a #2 draft pick and I wish he would mature into a dominating run stuffing monster. I recall the pre draft hype on Phillips, about how he's so athletic he can do a back flip from a standing position. Were is that guy, someone has to light a fire under that guy. He has many opportunities and on top of that 90% of the double teams go to Suh and Wake so he's 1 on 1 pretty often. I felt that he would come on last season but I was wrong because it looked similar to the year before. Let's hope that this is his season to bring it big time.

I think it's more common for players like Parker and Phillips to perform at the level we've seen than for them to turn into dominate All-Star level players in year one or two as some of would like. I think young players being inconsistent is the norm. I feel our disappointment is more of a result of our unrealistic hype than the players not developing at a normal pace. Every year it seems like half of the players entering their 3rd seasons that were drafted in the first or second round are being deemed as bust. It's not really a bust if the numbers are saying you only have a 50/50 chance to reach a desired level.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom