Thirteen Points!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thirteen Points!!!!

Dredd1050

A STRONG MAN SHEDS BLOOD BEFORE TEARS
Reaction score
This Sunday, the Dolphins will head into Gillette Stadium as a 13 point underdog!! Can someone do a little research and find out the last time Miami was a 13 point underdog, if ever??? They may not win this game, but there is no way they get blown out. Sorry, I just won't accept that. Take Miami and the points. NE isn't Indy in offense!!!!

well I think 13 is actually possible, although I dont see it happening

NE plays agressive defense, and we HAVE been throwing INT's for touchdowns....... I dont expect us to score a TD this game, maybe 6 points if we are lucky

If we cant score a TD against the Bengals, the Steelers, the Jets or the Titans, we arent gonna put up TD's against the Pats.

Fiedler and Feeley are all about spotting teams 7 Points for fun. So as long as NE scores a TD by itself.... which they will. and as long as NE returns an INT for a TD, which they will, the score should be about 17-3.... covering the 13 spread

Im takin the Fins, but with a grain of salt after thinking logically about it. Its actually a really good spread. I wish it was 14.5 instead of 13.5. THAT would make it easier to pick.

Dredd1050 said:
This Sunday, the Dolphins will head into Gillette Stadium as a 13 point underdog!! Can someone do a little research and find out the last time Miami was a 13 point underdog, if ever??? They may not win this game, but there is no way they get blown out. Sorry, I just won't accept that. Take Miami and the points. NE isn't Indy in offense!!!!

Don't be so sure. Last year when the Dolphins were good, the Pats won at home by 12.

The weather was horrible last year when we played in New England (not an excuse). Either way, if out defense plays well we'll still probably lose because our offense is just down right terrible. If we can score 17 points on offense and not let the Pats defense score any points, we'll have a chance heading into the 4th. The Patriots offense is underrated I think!

Depends on how the Pats approach the game too. If they come out 5 wide and throwing until they get a 10+ pt lead? Then run the clock the rest of the game and probably score on a turnover or two?

I don't see this Dolphin offense moving the ball down the field on the Pats. Now, a big play or two? That is the only way we get into scoring range. I think 20-6 Pats is a probable score. It might even take the defense forcing a turnover in FG range or running it back for a defensive TD to get us on the board. :shakeno:

I'd love to be wrong about this though.

Y is everyone on this d@mn board acting like this today? Y'all are fans of this team like I am, I hope. It should piss y'all off that we are 13 pt underdogs. Come on, NE ain't that good. Being a 13 pt underdog is for a game like Ohio State vs. like SW Missouri Technical College. That's insane that y'all would just accept this. GET PISSED OFF, THIS IS AN INSULT!!!!!!!!

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
Y is everyone on this d@mn board acting like this today? Y'all are fans of this team like I am, I hope. It should piss y'all off that we are 13 pt underdogs. Come on, NE ain't that good. Being a 13 pt underdog is for a game like Ohio State vs. like SW Missouri Technical College. That's insane that y'all would just accept this. GET PISSED OFF, THIS IS AN INSULT!!!!!!!!
Or Missiouri VS Troy????

No use in getting upset over the lines. The lines are determined by where the betting is...so there are a lot of people betting on the Pats, hardly a surprise with the way things have gone this year for both teams.

The Patriots were 14 point underdogs against the Rams in XXXVI too.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
That's the reason I made this thread. I really think Miami is going to cover. Heck, I'll go as far as to say 16-14 Miami!!!!

Relax, it's just a gambling line. Beside, we're 0-4, they are 4-0... plus they get 3 points for being at home. 10 point dog considering the situations is not a disgrace, look at what weve done, look at our injuries, and look at what theyve done.

a two touchdown loss is not out of the question in the eyes of an NFL Fan/gambler, with no loyalties to either team.

im not pissed off that they would label us as 13 point dogs, im pissed off that were playing poorly enough to earn that point spread... and we have.

13 might be too low.

NE is going for an NFL record for 19 straight wins. They will be charged up at home. They are going for history as having the longest winning streak in NFL history. Probably a record that will NEVER be broken. You don't think they will be ready for this game?

Who is Miami going to combat that with? Leonard Henry. Derrius Thompson. Vernon Carey??? lol

I hope Miami wins this week. But I see a wood-shed beating on the horizon.

MikeO said:
I disagree. Miami might not win, but it's not going to be a beat down. We'll see.

MikeO said:
13 might be too low.

NE is going for an NFL record for 19 straight wins. They will be charged up at home. They are going for history as having the longest winning streak in NFL history. Probably a record that will NEVER be broken. You don't think they will be ready for this game?

Who is Miami going to combat that with? Leonard Henry. Derrius Thompson. Vernon Carey??? lol

historically teams who are going for records for wins come out kind of flat. The record tends to wear on them and they start getting used to winning.

Plus Derrius Thompson is playing well.

Back
Top Bottom