Thirteen Points!!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dredd1050, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Dredd1050

Dredd1050 A STRONG MAN SHEDS BLOOD BEFORE TEARS

This Sunday, the Dolphins will head into Gillette Stadium as a 13 point underdog!! Can someone do a little research and find out the last time Miami was a 13 point underdog, if ever??? They may not win this game, but there is no way they get blown out. Sorry, I just won't accept that. Take Miami and the points. NE isn't Indy in offense!!!!

2. Philter25

Philter25 MORE COWBELL!!!

well I think 13 is actually possible, although I dont see it happening

NE plays agressive defense, and we HAVE been throwing INT's for touchdowns....... I dont expect us to score a TD this game, maybe 6 points if we are lucky

If we cant score a TD against the Bengals, the Steelers, the Jets or the Titans, we arent gonna put up TD's against the Pats.

Fiedler and Feeley are all about spotting teams 7 Points for fun. So as long as NE scores a TD by itself.... which they will. and as long as NE returns an INT for a TD, which they will, the score should be about 17-3.... covering the 13 spread

Im takin the Fins, but with a grain of salt after thinking logically about it. Its actually a really good spread. I wish it was 14.5 instead of 13.5. THAT would make it easier to pick.

3. pigskinguy

pigskinguy FinHeaven VIP

Don't be so sure. Last year when the Dolphins were good, the Pats won at home by 12.

4. FlyingElvis

FlyingElvis Well-Known Member

Maybe so. But they also aren't Indy on defense!

5. FinsNYanksFan13

FinsNYanksFan13 Banned on Points Hammered

The weather was horrible last year when we played in New England (not an excuse). Either way, if out defense plays well we'll still probably lose because our offense is just down right terrible. If we can score 17 points on offense and not let the Pats defense score any points, we'll have a chance heading into the 4th. The Patriots offense is underrated I think!

6. Deus Ex Dolphin

Deus Ex Dolphin Pro Bowler

Depends on how the Pats approach the game too. If they come out 5 wide and throwing until they get a 10+ pt lead? Then run the clock the rest of the game and probably score on a turnover or two?

I don't see this Dolphin offense moving the ball down the field on the Pats. Now, a big play or two? That is the only way we get into scoring range. I think 20-6 Pats is a probable score. It might even take the defense forcing a turnover in FG range or running it back for a defensive TD to get us on the board. :shakeno:

I'd love to be wrong about this though.

7. WCUgodsmacked13

WCUgodsmacked13 Western Carolina 30 App St. 27

Y is everyone on this d@mn board acting like this today? Y'all are fans of this team like I am, I hope. It should piss y'all off that we are 13 pt underdogs. Come on, NE ain't that good. Being a 13 pt underdog is for a game like Ohio State vs. like SW Missouri Technical College. That's insane that y'all would just accept this. GET PISSED OFF, THIS IS AN INSULT!!!!!!!!

8. greatwade

greatwade President LLB/Unicorn/Rainbow Club Hammered

I hope Taylor theismenizes Brady.

/how's that for pissed?

9. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 FinHeaven Elite

Or Missiouri VS Troy????

10. Undertaker #59

Undertaker #59 Patriots Troll

No use in getting upset over the lines. The lines are determined by where the betting is...so there are a lot of people betting on the Pats, hardly a surprise with the way things have gone this year for both teams.

The Patriots were 14 point underdogs against the Rams in XXXVI too.

11. Dredd1050

That's the reason I made this thread. I really think Miami is going to cover. Heck, I'll go as far as to say 16-14 Miami!!!!

12. Dolphins17-0

Dolphins17-0 Pro Bowler

Relax, it's just a gambling line. Beside, we're 0-4, they are 4-0... plus they get 3 points for being at home. 10 point dog considering the situations is not a disgrace, look at what weve done, look at our injuries, and look at what theyve done.

a two touchdown loss is not out of the question in the eyes of an NFL Fan/gambler, with no loyalties to either team.

im not pissed off that they would label us as 13 point dogs, im pissed off that were playing poorly enough to earn that point spread... and we have.

13. MikeO

MikeO Premium Member Donator

13 might be too low.

NE is going for an NFL record for 19 straight wins. They will be charged up at home. They are going for history as having the longest winning streak in NFL history. Probably a record that will NEVER be broken. You don't think they will be ready for this game?

Who is Miami going to combat that with? Leonard Henry. Derrius Thompson. Vernon Carey??? lol

I hope Miami wins this week. But I see a wood-shed beating on the horizon.

14. Dredd1050

I disagree. Miami might not win, but it's not going to be a beat down. We'll see.

15. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

historically teams who are going for records for wins come out kind of flat. The record tends to wear on them and they start getting used to winning.

Plus Derrius Thompson is playing well.

16. MikeO

The Pats have been going for this record all season so far. When have they come out FLAT? Answer: NEVER! That ain't gonna change this week

And how has Thompson been playing well.........he hasn't done anything this year! He has 4 catches. I wouldn't say he is playing bad, but I wouldn't go out of my way to say he is playing well since he has done nothing. Nobody on our offense is playing well except for McMIchael.

And you said......."historically teams who are going for records come out flat".........give me an example please.

17. Dol-Fan Dupree

They came out flat against the Colts and the Cardinals. If the Cardinals had an offense they would of won that game. They did not dominate the Bill team.

Thompson has been playing well. 4 catches in this offense is big. He is making catches that are thrown to him and getting open. He is making the catches that he was dropping last year.

Denver is an example. They lost to a HORRIBLE Giant team to stop their record.

18. MikeO

What record was Denver going for again? See, to GO FOR A RECORD you have to know you are playing for a record. Denver had everything locked up going into that game, they weren't chasing any record.

And NE didn't come out FLAT vs Indy. They had 3 points in the 1st quarter (Indy had none), then NE put up 10 points in 2nd quarter.........that is flat???? :shakeno: :roflmao:

19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Did you watch the game? 3 points isn't exactly coming out with all of your guns blazing. If Indy didn't make a BUNCH of mistakes the Patriots lose that game.

The record Denver was going for was the same record the Patriots are going for.

Yea teams do not go into games knowing they are close to breaking a long standing record. They don't actually have pride in themselves. They are beyond that.

20. Dredd1050

Actually Denver was still undefeated going into the Meadowlands and were playing still for an undefeated season. They then lost that game and the next one to Miami the week after. They were still playing for the undeafeated record against the G-Men.

21. MikeO

Your wrong on Denver........but you said HISTORICALLY. That means more than once. Denver is one example, give me another.

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

you asked for one example I gave you one. 1985 Bears. I wasn't alive to watch the Dolphins and the Bears.

23. MikeO

The Bears played their back-up QB most of that game and gave Walter Payton limited carries. My god, they weren't thinking about the record.

And you saying you weren't alive in 1985.........that explains a lot. A real lot!

24. Dol-Fan Dupree

I was talking about the other two records. The early 30s bears and the early 70s Dolphins.

Not according to interviews with the Bears.

Plus you just proved my point.

25. MikeO

No I didn't. You said these teams come out flat. That is the point, you weren't even alive to see these teams, how can you say they came out flat?????

26. Dol-Fan Dupree

2 out of 4 is not bad.

Yes you did.

27. JJ777

JJ777 Well-Known Member

13 pts makes sense. Pats score at least 2 FG off the D and Miami O throws one INT for a TD = 13pts

28. FinFan84

FinFan84 Starter

Give the points, free money if you bet on the Pats.

29. Dolphin Clan

Dolphin Clan Banned Hammered

I dont know.The Dolphins are prone to penalties and turnovers.Its either going to be a close game if our team plays to its potential or it will be a blowout .This team has lost confidence and if the defense thinks that the game is lost they will give up.

30. PatriotGOD

PatriotGOD Voice of Reason

No, you are wrong. They didn't come out flat at all. Indy is a good team and the Cardinals are better than anyone is giving them credit for. You will see that when you play them and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they beat you. In fact, I expect it. The Pats don't play a wide open style. They don't expose themselves to risk and therefore they don't blow people out. They like to play the game close it wears on the opponent and it forces them into mistakes. Just because they don't come out slinging the ball for glory doesn't mean they are flat. They play within themselves, they make safe play calls and they don't take unecessary risks on either side of the ball. They even play safe of special teams more often than not. They will put a guy in their because of his hands instead of an explosive player who is a return threat. They play smarter than their opponent.

31. Dol-Fan Dupree

ok :shakeno: