This Article is Hilarious on Fins' GM Circus!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Article is Hilarious on Fins' GM Circus!!

Dolfan02

Somebody kick Huizenga for me
Reaction score
From sources on profootballtalk.com:

FINS' SEARCH MISSING MOE, LARRY & CURLY?

The ongoing saga of the Miami Dolphins in their puzzling (nice way of saying fu--ed up) search for a GM continues to baffle league insiders and NFL front offices with the recent disclosure that the Fins top brass granted an interview with former Dolphin Paul Warfield after he contacted them and requested an interview. (Note to Eddie and Wayne: you are supposed to interview guys that you call up -- not ones who call you ("Hey, this is Tommy Tunafish and I sit in Row 179 -- tell Wayne I'll be down for an interview after I finish laying this concrete slab today"). Per one front office guy we know the Dolphins "are treating this GM search like an old Three Stooges movie -- calling in guys who have little or no overall experience for the sake of saying they called them in" (we are still trying to locate the Three Stooges clip he is talking about).

Another assistant GM remarked that "a lot of teams would want to be in the same underachieving boat that the Fins are in right now . . . they are much farther along than most teams in the front office and coaching levels . . . the problem is that you have an owner who is impulsive and getting a chafed a** from the fans' comments . . . he needs to relax and change some of the assistant coaches, not the front office."

A third insider remarked that if a change has to be made "leave Rick Spielman and his staff there and have Ron 'The Legend In His Own Mind' Wolf be a consultant or whatever the hell he says he wants to be this week."

Last edited by a moderator:
That is funny but it is very true this long wait for a GM is getting crazy. Hurry up already lets start making some changes.

The reason the interview Warfield is because he an ex-dolphin plus he's black so they can say the interview more than one minority and look good to the league, they are not serious about him

Again, the source of this garbage is PFT and they are about the least reliable "source" of information ever. They are essentially the football equivalent of the "Weekly World News;" in other words, they simply make up whatever they think will get people fired up. There's little or no truth to anything they write and, for the most part, they're simply a bunch of juvenile minds who didn't get enough attention from their mommies. They're a sad bunch of sacks really.

I'm going to write an article about JJ coming back to Miami and send it to the PFT and see if they print it. I'll say I'm someone who knows.

I tend to believe the main reason they're waiting so long to hire a GM is because they really wanted to interview Scott Pioli from the Patriots for the job. They'll wait no longer and will name a GM this week.

At least it's not as funny as the Cardinals' coaching circus....eh, D02???

link

PFT is the most low rent, amatuer site on the net. They do nothing but try and stir up things. They think by making all of these outrageous articles and comments they are being "controversial". Reality is they are just a bunch of amatures who look stupid.

I advise fans here to not read or buy into this crap, because it isn't worth your time to read it. Unless you like being led around by the nose.

Far be it from me to question anybody about being a "fan", but I have a hard time believing that any real Dolphins fan would find anything at all hilarious about that "article".....and I use the term loosely.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Far be it from me to question anybody about being a "fan", but I have a hard time believing that any real Dolphins fan would find anything at all hilarious about that "article".....and I use the term loosely.

THAT ARTICLE IS FREAKIN HILARIOUS I am a huge Fins fan, I don't need another questioning that FACT, especially someone way out in cyber life. Dude, you responded twice already to this thread, and both were directed to me and not the subject, get over it. Find something else with your valuable time rather than reply, if you don't like the thread. We all have work and play in our lives. Sorry that you feel that supporting a professional hometown sports team has to be serious business and not fun & leisure. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dolfan02

THAT ARTICLE IS FREAKIN HILARIOUS I am a huge Fins fan, I don't need another questioning that FACT, especially someone way out in cyber life. Dude, you responded twice already to this thread, and both were directed to me and not the subject, get over it. Find something else with your valuable time rather than reply, if you don't like the thread. We all have work and play in our lives. Sorry that you feel that supporting a professional hometown sports team has to be serious business and not fun & leisure. :rolleyes:

It is NOT hilarious in any way, shape, or form....It's not much more than a piss poor attempt at a post on a message board....I just don't get the mentality of a fan who thinks that is funny....please explain that to me...

As far as me responding to you, you'll have to pardon me for getting defensive when I perceive somebody to be taking a swipe at the Dolphins for no reason...Be it friend or foe....

Surely you didn't expect everyone else to embrace your slanted vision of funny, did you?

I also feel your past posting history is relevant to this posting of semi-smack on the main board....It shows that you have a history of spouting off negatively with little or no reasoning behind your posts except to be controversial.....Hence the title of your post here and the fact that you didn't even bother to follow up your own submission with a comment.....I mean, if i wanted to read PFT, I would go there and read it, but, I don't, and if someone wants to bring it here and stick it in my face, then I would hope that they have some sort of point to the whole thing, rather than just moving a joke of an article from one part of the internet to another......

How about you tell, us why you think that article is so hilarious???

Last edited:
Bit of a double standard your setting there isn't it inFINSible?? Talk about slamming your own team, how is this thread any different than all the ones you post about how terrible Jay is?? I guess since you don't think Jay is going to the probowl next year, then you are not a Fin fan. I for one thought the thread was pretty funny. Some times being a dolphin fan the best medicine is laughter. Keeping Dave as coach is laughable......or cryable.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
Bit of a double standard your setting there isn't it inFINSible?? Talk about slamming your own team, how is this thread any different than all the ones you post about how terrible Jay is?? I guess since you don't think Jay is going to the probowl next year, then you are not a Fin fan. I for one thought the thread was pretty funny. Some times being a dolphin fan the best medicine is laughter. Keeping Dave as coach is laughable......or cryable.
:lol: You got the wrong guy.......find all these threads you are referring to....I'd like to see them....

And if Dolfan02 had made some sort of comment with his submission maybe I would see that he meant it in a "laughter is the best medicine" kinda way........

Change the name Dolfan02 to any fan of any other team, and then maybe you can see my point.

I think that the Dolphins are being cautious and thorough in their search for a new GM to take over the personall decisions. and reading anything else into it like the dipsh*ts at PFT is just ignorance of the facts of the situation.

Also....
Keeping Dave at coach is laughable, to you....to me it's not. I choose to see the benefits of taking the personell power out of Wannstedts hands and letting someone else take over that job. Since ultimately the failures of this team rests on the backs of the players.....As many personell people around the league will agree....Players that Wanny chose, no doubt, but not players that are coached badly...get my point? Seriously....

Last edited:
:lol: You got the wrong guy.......find all these threads you are referring to....I'd like to see them....

And if Dolfan02 had made some sort of comment with his submission maybe I would see that he meant it in a "laughter is the best medicine" kinda way........

Change the name Dolfan02 to any fan of any otherteam, and then maybe my point will become a little clearer to you.

Keeping Dave at coach is laughable, to you....to me it's not. I choose to see the benefits of taking the personell power out of Wannstedts hands and letting someone else take over that job. Since ultimately the failures of this team rests on the backs of the players.....As many personell people around the league will agree....Players that Wanny chose, no doubt, but not players that are coached badly...get my point? Seriously....

I also think that the Dolphins are being cautious and thorough in their search for a new GM to take over the personall decisions. and reading anything else into it like the dipsh*ts at PFT is just ignorance of the facts of the situation.

I agree completely.....sometimes I think that some fans think that Coaches control everything........believe it or not.......It is the players that win or lose.......I can't think of a game that Dave was absolutely at fault of losing.................The players always seem to help to lose games..........

Doodoo, doo-doo... doo-doo-doo... (Jeopardy theme music)

It is NOT hilarious in any way, shape, or form....It's not much more than a piss poor attempt at a post on a message board....I just don't get the mentality of a fan who thinks that is funny....please explain that to me...

As far as me responding to you, you'll have to pardon me for getting defensive when I perceive somebody to be taking a swipe at the Dolphins for no reason...Be it friend or foe....

Surely you didn't expect everyone else to embrace your slanted vision of funny, did you?

I also feel your past posting history is relevant to this posting of semi-smack on the main board....It shows that you have a history of spouting off negatively with little or no reasoning behind your posts except to be controversial.....Hence the title of your post here and the fact that you didn't even bother to follow up your own submission with a comment.....I mean, if i wanted to read PFT, I would go there and read it, but, I don't, and if someone wants to bring it here and stick it in my face, then I would hope that they have some sort of point to the whole thing, rather than just moving a joke of an article from one part of the internet to another......

How about you tell, us why you think that article is so hilarious???

I see your post remains (mostly) uncontested. What gives? I keep waiting for a "juicy" retort. Man, I hate being disappointed. :lol:

And... damn, inFIN! Remind me never to make any meaningless posts peppered with underlying antagonism towards our 'Fins, ok? ;)

Seriously, the Dolphins GM search is probably no better or worse than most. So I don't really see what the big deal is all about.

As for the 'Fins in general...

Despite sounding like a broken record, I will once again reiterate... we should all try and remember that...

- The loss to the Texans CAN absolutely be pinned on the refs.
- The first NE loss CAN be pinned on Mare not once - but twice.
- An the Colts loss can be at least in part be blamed on a rookie left tackle and moreso on stupid coaches that continued throughout the entire game to get this kid ANY help.

So there we go from 10-6 to 12-4 or maybe even 13-3... a badly blown call, TWO chip shots uncharacteristically missed, and some seriously bad coaching (offensive line) in one game [or more].

Really, I think we all forget that there are far worse teams to be a fan of than the Dolphins. I for one, think myself pretty lucky to have grown up in Miami and so... grown up a Dolphins fan.

Next season will be a lot of fun, too... come what may.

And that's all I have to say about that.

As for the search for our GM... I think that making "fun" of a remarkably boring process is just a sign of how boring the offseason really is (doesn't take long, does it?)! Can't wait for all the innane banter to start about the draft and free agency movement.

Back
Top Bottom