This changes my reaction to Newton's Press Conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This changes my reaction to Newton's Press Conference

Suck it up princess, he'd be boasting and bragging the same if they won. His actions speak louder than words.

Um, why is there this princess idea among the media that these players have to come out participate in these stupid media events. The game was enough. I don't need to hear Newton explain why he lost or what he was thinking or feeling.

Being a good sport isn't participating in this pap. It's how you play on the field and there Newton is a bad sport.

This is all manufactured crap to allow the NFL money machine to keep reeling it in. Nothing here move on. I don't need to see a bunch of bs after 0:00.

I have four kids and nine grandkids. I pretty much know a sulking brat when I see one.

There was one wearing a hoodie at Newton's press conference.

mckayladisappointed-1.jpg

This makes me understand why he walked off. Doesn't justify the attitude during the whole thing but makes it much more understandable. Shame on the NFL for such a lousy arrangement.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634653/article/cam-leaves-abruptly-after-harris-boasts-within-earshot

I can understand his behavior at the press conference...it's why as a coach I always have a 24 hr rule for players and parents to come talk to me about playtime or any other concerns...emotions are too high right after a game. And this is high school I am talking about, not the SB. So, I get it...and had a feeling when Cam got roughed up near the end of the game in his own end zone, the way he reacted, I had a feeling if the Panthers lost, press conference wouldn't be happy.

But what I was most disgusted with was his fumble and lack of effort to recover it....where's the dude who prances and poses as Superman? Very telling to me...awesome athlete....no heart.

But what I was most disgusted with was his fumble and lack of effort to recover it....where's the dude who prances and poses as Superman? Very telling to me...awesome athlete....no heart.

I don't like the decision to not go after the fumble either. I like his rationalizations today even less. He noted that many QBs don't go after defenders after throwing an INT. Um, Cam, how many would if it could change the outcome of the SB with 6 minutes left?

This is not going to go well for him.

12715422_1222223347792231_30405079258023-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

12647340_1078093038904050_83327942419063-1.jpg

The bad arraignment was adversity.

Princess Cam couldn't deal with it.

I don't have any pity. Actually, even less somehow.
You need a QB to be a leader in good times and in bad.
It's easy to smile when it's 70 degrees and the sun is shining.

Wearing the hoody reminds me of Ricky only interviewing with his helmet on.

Kid just came off the biggest high and then let down of his career. Did he handle it the right way, no. Is it a big deal, no.

Move along people, I'd be willing to bet you have all had worse reaction when someone cuts you off in traffic.

By Pat Kirwin:

GROWING UP CAM: On Monday, some people thought I was defending Cam Newton’s actions at his press conference after the Super Bowl on Movin’ the Chains. I wasn’t. I was just recognizing what I saw, from the time he came out for pre-game warmups in his gold cleats and doing his dabs, to his body language during the game, to his performance after it. This is a young player who just isn’t quite ready to fully handle the emotional piece of his status yet. This was a great learning experience for Cam, and he can get better from it if he wants to.

But I don’t think Cam helped himself yesterday, and I think his comments really got him stuck in the mud on this one. This is not going away, either. His comments in the locker room on Tuesday have already set the agenda for his next press conference in training camp next year, and beyond, until he responds to the next big spot he’s in. Worse, he’s made this about him, and in the process, he’s put his head coach and teammates in a position of having to defend him. Now, it’s officially a distraction.

I think his comment that bothered me the most was his explanation for not attempting to recover the final fumble in the game. The game is in the balance at that point, with your team down by six, with four minutes to play. This is football. Dive on the ball. The worst part of this is that his teammates have to wonder what he’ll do next time. For guys like Thomas Davis, who was playing with a metal pipe in his arm, and Jared Allen, who was playing through a broken foot, because they realize this could be their only shot at this, can’t feel very good about those comments.

Football is a humbling game, and the ultimate team game. Even as the QB, you are just one guy, and it’s not about you. Cam made the postgame story about him. The easy way out was to honor the play of the Broncos and say, “we’ll be back.” Act the same in a loss as you do in a win. Dan Marino said never let the public or the media see you cry. Go home and cry. Hopefully Cam learns from this, but it’s not going away anytime soon.

https://realfootballnetwork.com/2016/02/10/02-10-16-cam-den-d-simms/

[tweet]697465575593742336[/tweet]

No excuses. Was what Chris Harris was saying wrong? He wasn't dropping F bombs and saying Newton is dog****.

Back
Top Bottom