This Decade's Biggest Mistake And Biggest Wise Desision Of The Franchise? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Decade's Biggest Mistake And Biggest Wise Desision Of The Franchise?

postermaster

Finsavior
Reaction score
This Decade's Biggest Mistake And Biggest Wise Decision Of The Franchise?

So I was wondering, since the 2000 until now which mistake has been the biggest one and which wise decision has been the smartest one...

*I'd have to go with picking an injured and older Culpepper (also more expensive) over strong, young, accurate and smart Drew Brees (who at once said "I prefer the Dolphins than the Saints" and now might probably be saying "Miami What". :oops:

*As for the smartest decision I would have to say it was bringing a mastermind in the game such as Bill Parcells and make a huge turnaround on this team (1100% More wins than in the previous year) bringing back every lost hope... :up:

I would really love to hear yours!.

theres so many "could of's"
we could of Drafted marquese colston instead of joe berger..
id rather just say oh well its football w/e..

and as smart goes.. im thinking that 4th round pick for fasano and ayodele is pretty high up there

Biggest mistake was Wayne Huizenga appointing Dave Wannstedt to run the team - his drafting was consistently poor.
Smartest decision was Wayne Huizenga appointing Bill Parcells as VP Football Operations (who subsequently appointed Ireland and Sparano).

Worst desicion: Naming Dave Wannstedt head coach and giving him GM duties

Best desicion: Naming Bill Parcells VP of Football Operations

The worst decision by far was allowing Wanny and Fiedler to ruin what should have been atleast one title this decade . . . that 2002 team was too talented not to even make the playoffs. Fiedler was good by default . . . but he was just too limited . . . the best QB we had out of a horrible bunch, passing on Drew Brees was a critical mistake, one of many by Wanny and company, who couldn't draft for ****.

The Best decision was bringing in Bill Parcells, to turn around a 1-15 team, and lead us to the playoffs for the first time in what? 7 years. He brought in his guys and his players and it worked.

Dumbest:

Hiring Wannsdedt
Culpepper over Brees
Drafting Eddie Moore over Anquan Boldin

Smartest:
Hiring Parcells

Edit: add to dumbest hiring Cameron

Cam Cameron's hiring ulitimately turned out to be the worst move, although at the time he was hired, he was considered one of the best assistant coaches available. Still is a pretty darn good Assistant coach.

And I still can't believe that Fiedler takes as much slack on this board as he does. Compared to what this team endured over the last few years, Fiedler would have been considered a God-send. The guy may not have been the most physically talented guys in the world, but he worked his a-- off and made the most of what he had. And he led this team to alot of victories. The guy was all heart. I watched some of the Monday Night Miracle game the other night on NFLN, and he really impressed me on some plays.

Best move seems to be bringing Dallas Cowboys East onboard. They've righted the ship, or at least took us off course from becoming Cincinnati 2.0.

Cam Cameron's hiring ulitimately turned out to be the worst move, although at the time he was hired, he was considered one of the best assistant coaches available. Still is a pretty darn good Assistant coach.

And I still can't believe that Fiedler takes as much slack on this board as he does. Compared to what this team endured over the last few years, Fiedler would have been considered a God-send. The guy may not have been the most physically talented guys in the world, but he worked his a-- off and made the most of what he had. And he led this team to alot of victories. The guy was all heart. I watched some of the Monday Night Miracle game the other night on NFLN, and he really impressed me on some plays.

Best move seems to be bringing Dallas Cowboys East onboard. They've righted the ship, or at least took us off course from becoming Cincinnati 2.0.

Heart only gets you so far in the NFL. Fiedler lacked the other important requirement in order for NFL success. That being TALENT.

Best move seems to be bringing Dallas Cowboys East onboard. They've righted the ship, or at least took us off course from oblivion.

That is just it, Fiedler was the best QB the Fins had from 2000 to 2007, that is wayyyyyyyyyy toooooo long not to address this position better than what they did. They didn't draft anybody, the brought bum after bum after bum, and Fiedler is considered great because we had nobody else. Fiedler had MANY bonehead plays, but when u watch Ray Lucas just play the worst QB I have ever seen . . . he was worse than John Beck was in his brief stint on the field. People were begging for Fiedler, i mean he was ok, but to go that long and settle for him was a mistake, and ultimately cost us. Not his fault, but he wasn't that great, just great considering our front offfice i.e. Dave Wannstache, couldn't do no better as a GM.

Worst move was taking Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees. Right behind that is the Saban hiring. Best move was BP & Friends blowing the team up and rebuilding it right after the 2007 fiasco.

Worst mistakes:

1. Hiring the Wannstache
2. Picking Jamar Fletcher over Brees
3. Signing Culpepper over Brees (fool me twice, shame on me).
4. Picking Eddie Moore over Anquan Boldin

Best moves:

1. Hiring Parcells
2. Picking Ronnie Brown over his own teammate that started ahead of him, Cadillac Williams
3. Signing Chad

Worst mistakes:

1. Hiring the Wannstache
2. Picking Jamar Fletcher over Brees
3. Signing Culpepper over Brees (fool me twice, shame on me).
4. Picking Eddie Moore over Anquan Boldin

Best moves:

1. Hiring Parcells
2. Picking Ronnie Brown over his own teammate that started ahead of him, Cadillac Williams
3. Signing Chad

I've always wondered how RB got picked over Cadillac considering Caddy was the starter. Although it was a fantastic decision, he gets hurt every damn year.

Worst

-Cam Cameron
-Channing Crowder over Justin Tuck ;)

Best

-Bill Parcells, obviously
-Ronnie
-Penny
-Jake Long

Predictions for next 5 years

Worst

-Henne

Best

-Davone Bess
-Sean Smith

Worst desicion: Naming Dave Wannstedt head coach and giving him GM duties

Best desicion: Naming Bill Parcells VP of Football Operations

Agreed. Despite going 10-6 in 2003, it was obvious that Dave Wannstedt couldn't get it done despite having good talent on the defense and a stud RB in Ricky. He should have been fired the day after we beat the Jets in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom