This game and the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This game and the draft

Dolphins54

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Guys~

I am never one to say to lose to get a higher draft pick, but as it stands right now, we pick 15th, thats if Atlanta and Minnesota both win this week. However, if we win, we then could go as low as the early 20's. That could be a significant downgrade in potential tallent in the draft. I do really want to end the season on a 6 game winning streak. I think this offseason wont feel as dreadfully long like last season, because of the strong finish.:D

The main purpose of this football team is to win games, not looking for a good spot at the draft.

If we win @ NE and the Seahawks dont go on to win the Super Bowl, we will have the longest winning streak heading into next season. I think that is very important to next years sucess. Besided Alex 22 is right, the furthest we could fall is 17th because of our weak SOS

Hmmm...moving up a couple of places in the draft versus knocking off the division-rival Champs on their home field to end the season on a six-game winning streak....hmmm....tough one. :lol:

It's nice to see the Fins have their yahoos too.

Dolphins54 said:
Guys~

I am never one to say to lose to get a higher draft pick, but as it stands right now, we pick 15th, thats if Atlanta and Minnesota both win this week. However, if we win, we then could go as low as the early 20's. That could be a significant downgrade in potential tallent in the draft. I do really want to end the season on a 6 game winning streak. I think this offseason wont feel as dreadfully long like last season, because of the strong finish.:D

The problem with this line of thought is that I don't think the players and coaches of the Fins give a rats pitui (sp) whether we think the offseason will feel as dreadfully long as last year. They will play the game to win because that is what pro ball players and organizations do. I think the satisfaction of beating our nemisis the Pats would be greater than the potential of the #15 vs. the #22 draft spot...That all said, it would be more fun as a fan to get a higher pick, but I don't think that matters to the team...

Regardless of our draftt position Saban and Mueller will find us quality picks. I'd rather beat the Pats and go into the offseason on a high note.

u always want to win your last game

I think there's a lot of good players available as late as 20, with a few defensive backs and o-linemen projected to go around there. Personally, I'd like to get Huff from Texas but Laron Landry (from LSU, played for Saban before) is rated a bit lower. At 20 we may have a shot at him.

If we win the lowest we'll fall is 17th. Thats if Minnesota and Atlanta both lose. We have a weak SOS which falls in our favor. We'll be either the first 8-8 team or the first 9-7 team to pick.

Back
Top Bottom