This June 1 press conference from William Hayes is hilarious | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This June 1 press conference from William Hayes is hilarious

He was asked who has been most receptive to his interesting ideas and beliefs, and talked about Suh. It went something like this:

"I feel like Suh would be most receptive. He just likes to mess with me on a daily basis. If anything, he'll at least listen and then call me a retard after" lololol

"I'm not a me guy. I'm a we guy. I'm not going to come in here and say that I'll be like Wake rushing the passer on third down, that'd be ignorant. My bread and butter has been stopping the run. If I can help get it to second and long or third and long, it'll help Wake and them get after the quarterback."

Not an exact quote but something that stood out as well

"I got a lot left in the tank. I don't think there's a man in the NFL that's going to knock me off the line."

"I want to win man. That's the only reason I'm still playing. I'm not playing this game for self accomplishments. I want to win games, go to the playoffs and go far in the playoffs. That's what it is to me. I'm not trying to come here and reinvent what we've got going. I'm coming here to add to what we've got going."

"It's genuine and it's real. I fell in love with this organization. I texted Gase yesterday and told him thank you for the opportunity. The guys here are awesome. I'm happy to be here."

"This is probably the best thing to happen in my career so far."

Hayes has the reputation of being very focused on the field. Do you think that he is having a bit of fun by deliberately sounding like an idiot with some of these comments? It attracted some publicity at the Rams and Jeff Fisher just laughed it off. The dumb comments had no effect on his play on the field. BTW - He's here to set the edge and stop the run.
Incidentally, I saw a video of William and then teammate, Chris Long spending a night on the streets undercover with the homeless. Hayes ended up showing his generosity and sense of humanity by helping the homeless.

I couldn't careless for the guy's "belief."

Last edited:
Yeah i think there is a little bit of belief behind all this but mainly I think he does it as a joke to the media.

What you see is really what you get with him, huh? I'm sure he makes the DL room a better place. I'd like to see it translate into the field this year

Dinosaur and mermain stuff doesnt matter, otherwise, good answers, good answers.
Hes right about the aliens at least.

Back
Top Bottom