This may not sound so good for us.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This may not sound so good for us..

heat_fan

#1 Biggest Dol-Fan in Toronto
Reaction score
But Lavar Arrington is meeting with the Bengals tonite..

PFT & Kffl are reporting this..

Didnt Peterson visit with us the day he signed with the Seahawks?

heat_fan said:
But Lavar Arrington is meeting with the Bengals tonite..

PFT & Kffl are reporting this..

Oh well, things are'nt looking good

I really don't think we will sign him. We simply don't have the cap room, especially considering we still need a starting O-lineman and are looking to add depth to DT and possibly a safety.

I don't even care about signing Arrington anymore. He's going to cost waaaayyyy too much and is an absolute nut case. Draft Greenway in the first.

Dolfan1000 said:

he did come and visit it was in an article i dont recall of honestly and LaVar to cinncy! great now ima cry after i stop crying abotu the resigning of Mckinney. i read a very old draft analysis thign and it said we did ag reat job on picking him up in rd 3. heh not so great now

SR 7 said:
he did come and visit it was in an article i dont recall of honestly and LaVar to cinncy! great now ima cry after i stop crying abotu the resigning of Mckinney. i read a very old draft analysis thign and it said we did ag reat job on picking him up in rd 3. heh not so great now

The article posted says Julian never visited Miami. He cancelled.

There are a lot of hybrid OLB/DE type players in the first round that will be available right where Miami's pick is. Unless Winston Justice or Michael Huff falls into our laps, i think that's what we pick up as we move more toward the 3-4 alignment Saban is looking to install. Also, with his poor combine, Chad Greenway is likely to be available too when he wouldn't have before the combine. I think he would be a solid pick at #16 because he is a beast on the field and you can add strength in the gym, but its very hard to teach linebacker instincts. I would love to see Arrington here, but the market has been set by the (expensive) Peterson deal. Both linebackers are approximately equal in value and have the same agent. It seems totally unrealistic to think that Arrington would sign for anything less than 95% of Peterson's contract which would still be steep. Drafts build teams and FA patches them up. Saban is here to build.

Back
Top Bottom