This mock is contingent on Miami acquiring d-line/LB in FA... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This mock is contingent on Miami acquiring d-line/LB in FA...

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
I can see Miami seeing more value in the early second than at 22. Moving back between 29 - x should net at least an extra 4th which Id take atp.

(Traded pick early second) - Dan Feeney, LG out of Indiana
Boom one side done for cheap

54.)Justin Evans, S out of Texas A&M
Our secondary depth and overall talent is soo weak...

Evans reminds me of Jarvis selection...opportunities

(3rd round comp. for Vernon) - Isaac Asiata, RG out of Utah
Boom lines set. Sign fillers.

(Traded pick 4th) - Corn Elder, slot CB out of Miami
Boom slot corner get McCain outta here in August

5.)Keionta Davis, DE out of Chattanooga
Like I said hopefully we can get an Ingram or JPP for 4 yrs. Let guys like Davis groom.

(5th round comp. for Miller) - K.D Cannon, WR out of Baylor
Cant shake this guy. Think he'd be the most overlooked draftee should we take him.

6.)Joe Mathis, DE out of Washington
More guys.

(6th round comp. for Matthews) - Ben Gadeon, ILB out of Michigan

Hopefully he can stick as a ST early

Last edited by a moderator:
I live here in Miami and what ever team gets Corn Elder is getting a future star player. I'd love the Dolphins to snag him in the 3rd or 4th. This kid is all over the field helping is team win. He even excels at blocking kicks! He'd be a dynamite slot CB!!

I like Elder a LOT more than I thought I would. I've seen him miss only one tackle, on a tough angle against Trubisky, and he's always in the right position. He's great on the blitz and would have put up more impressive TFL and sack numbers if Miami didn't need him so often in coverage. His low INT's are mostly a product of QB's avoiding him. He's not the best cover CB in the draft, but he's very good, and he plays with a passion and confidence that's hard to ignore.

I'm not saying he'll be as good as Tyrann Mathieu, but I think that's his best comp. Miami fans always talk about getting Jarvis-Landry level of passion on D, and Elder brings that. He looks very good in zone, and I think he could also play some situational Safety (should run in the 4.4's). You also have to love his basketball background, his 4-star RB background, and his ability to cover and return punts and kicks. He's probably my favorite slot/nickel CB in the draft because of his physicality and versatility.

VRRkJuOKxtMGI.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Elder a LOT more than I thought I would. I've seen him miss only one tackle, on a tough angle against Trubisky, and he's always in the right position. He's great on the blitz and would have put up more impressive TFL and sack numbers if Miami didn't need him so often in coverage. His low INT's are mostly a product of QB's avoiding him. He's not the best cover CB in the draft, but he's very good, and he plays with a passion and confidence that's hard to ignore.

I'm not saying he'll be as good as Tyrann Mathieu, but I think that's his best comp. Miami fans always talk about getting Jarvis-Landry level of passion on D, and Elder brings that. He looks very good in zone, and I think he could also play some situational Safety (should run in the 4.4's). You also have to love his basketball background, his 4-star RB background, and his ability to cover and return punts and kicks. He's probably my favorite slot/nickel CB in the draft because of his physicality and versatility.

VRRkJuOKxtMGI.gif

Corn is 1 of my favorite prospects in the whole draft and not just because I'm a Hurrucanes fan.

With the word that Kenny Stills could get about $12 million a year, I think it will be difficult for Miami to get the type of talent in free agency on defense that would allow the team to go offense early.

I do like your draft, though. Feeney is everything the offensive line needs, tough and physical. I like Evans and Elder. Don't know enough about your late round defensive ends.

Corn elder is going to be a very good player in the NFL. Do you pull trigger and draft him in the third round if he's still there? I would.

I love Corn too, but I have heard some of the technical football guys say he isn't really super fluid. Similar to Bobby McCain. Any real concern there? He was great this past year. So physical for a smaller CB. Definitely ready to play in the NFL NOW.

I'd take corn in the 3rd..how many 3rd round picks Have worked out for miami in the last few year s

Why have we not drafted more hurricane players over the last 30 years ? With their ability, winning ways, and tough attitudes the Dolphins would have been a better team.

Back
Top Bottom