This season will mark a decade since Ricky's incrdible 2002 rushing campaign

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Jun 23, 2012.

1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

2. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

That catch by OG in the first one was unbelievable. Ricky was the man. We ran him into the ground and the rest is history.

3. planefixer

planefixer Member

Its sad. He could have had an excellent career if he would have stayed/chilled on the smoke.

4. state06

state06 A True Fan

ten years ago? feels like yesterday.

5. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

what could have been that year had Jay Fiedler not gotten hurt... or we had a better backup than Ray F'n Lucas. After Jay got hurt, we never recovered... and what's sad is we really didn't show many weaknesses before his injury. After that... Dixon, Perry,Ruddy, and Nails all got hurt the next year. Todd Wade checked out cause he wanted a big contract and didn't want to get hurt, Orande and Konrad got hurt and we never got a compliment for CC after that. Mare started to decline, and that was the last year Madison AND Surtain were elite at the same time...

We were on pace for the number 1 seed in the AFC... and then Ray Lucas had to suit up... and we missed the playoffs.

Obviously we could've collapsed... but man we looked so good before Jay got hurt...

6. JerryD

JerryD A True Fan

I was going to say ... it was all down hill from there ... but you did such a good job of it!!

And it only got worse year by year by year by year ... and it looks like this year will be no exception.

CRIPES Philbin, turn the corner ALREADY!!

7. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here.

Easily the best team we had in the last 10 years and not even a playoff appearance to show for it. Spray Mucous played a pretty large role in ruining everything, but in typical Dolphins fashion in those days, that team had a shot at the end of that season and blew it.

Remember, that team beat a LOADED Oakland team that eventually won the AFC that year. I think after that game we were #1 in the AFC with two games to play. Man I was amped up after that one. Ready for a 1st round bye which I've never seen my team do.

And then it all vanished. In two weeks. Lost that game @ Minnesota on a Saturday in the last minute. I actually pulled hair out of my head when that last FG went through. And you just knew it was all over after that. Had a chance to win in New England that next week and blew that too. Lost in OT.

At age 22, those are the only Dolphins I know. Our last playoff win was just a day or two before my 11th birthday.

8. FuturePhin

FuturePhin Pro Bowler

10 Years flew- He'll always be one of my top fins but all I gotta say is- Mannnn that was alot of caries that year!!!

9. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Easily the best Dolphins team of the millennium. Easily the most frustrating.

The three things that killed that team are:

1) The QB injury situation.

2) The Denver game. An absolutely awesome, brutal game...still one of my top ten Dolphin games of all time. Neither team was the same that season after that game. They just beat the living crap out of each other for 60 minutes.

3) The play calling at the end of the New England game, which ten years later, STILL makes me want to punch someone. You have the best RB in the game, you're up by three with almost NO time left deep in your own territory...and you PASS THE BALL three straight times (for three straight incompletions)?

10. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy Scout Team Finheaven VIP

yeah i tore up the house after the new england game, i took it hard. my dad is a pats fan and he came over to watch it with me. after he left i destroyed the house then i passed out. my roomie got home before i unpassed out and could clean up my mess. he asked what the F happened....oooops. but i always liked fielder, his heart and courage was that of penningtons he just didnt have quite the arm to make it all happen. i've said 100 times on this sight, aj feely's arm on jay fielders body and we might still have our probowl QB. and run ricky run, i know he had issues before coming here but Dave W just ran him into the ground to the point it was all she wrote for him mentally.

11. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I think for many of us, 2002 was the last time we actually took losses hard. After that, and several losing seasons, apathy began to set in and losses aren't as difficult.

I remember being absolutely livid after losing to the Patriots in the season finale in 2002. And the Vikings lobster trap game? Stupid Cris Carter couldnt catch a damn ball in the end zone. What a waste!!

12. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

Lol there have been a bunch of losses since 02 that I took real hard. What year was it when Matt Schaub beat us with that 3 yard QB keeper into the end zone?? That was real tough to take. In both '09 and '10 we were 7-6 only to finish 7-9, I took that to heart badly. The 2010 week 16(?) loss to the Bills where Dan Henning and his wildcat ruined a game winning drive was absolutely horrendous. Hell, even as recently as this past year when we lost to the Browns I flipped **** and decided to join the SFL bandwagon.
    I will say though that the OT loss to the Pats on that deep ball in 02 or 03 (forget which year) was one of the worst experiences of my life. I was 14 or 15 at the time and I punched a huge hole in my wall... My dad was livid about that, but still not as mad as I was about missing the playoffs by one ****ing game that year.... 02 and 03 were some heartbreaking years man, horrible waste of a great defense and a great runningback.

13. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

ABSURD THAT DAVE WANNSTEDT WOULD RUN A BACK 775 TIMES IN 2 YEARS
    Those 2 years put Ricky 7th and 14th for most rushing attempts in an NFL season

Those 2 years of rushing attempts amounted to 31.8% of Rickys 11 year career

No wonder the dude had to self medicate

14. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

Yep another magnificently wasted talent. Shocker.

15. thechild2

thechild2 Active Member

great times

16. rnrexpress3423

rnrexpress3423 To be the man, you gotta beat the man!

The crowd in those videos are night and day compared to what we've become accustomed to these past couple of years. Blows my mind. On that note RUN RICKY RUN!

17. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here.

Just got done watching the last vid. What a bull**** PI call on Jamar Fletcher that was against the Pats. He could not have had Givens more out-positioned and Givens put his hands all over his back.

But regardless, what an epic collapse that game was. Olindo misses a FG and then NE got a really lucky bounce on that kickoff. And then Wannstache happened.