This worries me a lot... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This worries me a lot...

kasaba13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Seems like Wanny is being the same stubborn person that almost got him fired last year. I remember Wayne saying that they will be aggressive from the first snap to the end of the game. He said that he and Dave discussed that. Now, you read the article today from the Sentinel and it is the same old crap. This part scares me...

It won't be Wannstedt's beliefs about offense, though. Regardless of who's running the ball, this is Wannstedt's team, and he is dedicated to finding a way for the offense to do it his way.

I have heard Bears fans say that his stubborness just ends up driving you crazy. Doesn't he know that he will be fired if he doesn't do some things differently. If he starts out ultra-conservative for the first few games, I hope Wayne comes down and fires hime before it gets out of control. I understand that we need to run effectively but we also MUST spread the ball around. Please tell me that he understands that.

Wayne won't fire him during the season. Even if he was going to change his offensive philosophy i think it would probably be beneficial for him to keep quiet about it. We have a chance to suprise a few defenses maybe with a different offensive scheme, I wouldn't be running around telling everybody my offensive plans either.

kasaba13 said:
Seems like Wanny is being the same stubborn person that almost got him fired last year. I remember Wayne saying that they will be aggressive from the first snap to the end of the game. He said that he and Dave discussed that. Now, you read the article today from the Sentinel and it is the same old crap. This part scares me...

It won't be Wannstedt's beliefs about offense, though. Regardless of who's running the ball, this is Wannstedt's team, and he is dedicated to finding a way for the offense to do it his way.

I have heard Bears fans say that his stubborness just ends up driving you crazy. Doesn't he know that he will be fired if he doesn't do some things differently. If he starts out ultra-conservative for the first few games, I hope Wayne comes down and fires hime before it gets out of control. I understand that we need to run effectively but we also MUST spread the ball around. Please tell me that he understands that.
Shula adjusted his philosophy to the personnel he had.........Wannstedt just jams his philosophy down everybodys throat no matter what personnel he has. In the end, that along with his poor drafting and talent evaluation will be his downfall.........................Oh, and he needs to grow a pair too.

really, the things we need to change arent really big ones. If we would just go over the middle like we were doing towards the end of the year, then we wouldnt be so predictable. The other thing that will change IMO is that ricky wont be touching the ball 40-45 times, about three or four different people will, which takes the predictability out some.

muscle979 said:
Wayne won't fire him during the season. Even if he was going to change his offensive philosophy i think it would probably be beneficial for him to keep quiet about it. We have a chance to suprise a few defenses maybe with a different offensive scheme, I wouldn't be running around telling everybody my offensive plans either.

I tend to think you're right...Dave has don't onside kicks, reverses, threw bombs, before the super star RB, now he knows he has to do some more of those things agains..the onside kick as he says may not be there because every team after that detriot game has been linning up for it. But I would keep every one thinking I'm going to run the same ol thing at this point also.

I believe this offense will be run like the one in 00-01 season where Jay threw for over 3000 yards and CC had 800+ yards as a 3rd stringer. I believe this will open up everything. Passing to Boston and CC will be good and that will make Defenses worry about them and that'll open up holes for Minor.

Prime Time said:
I believe this offense will be run like the one in 00-01 season where Jay threw for over 3000 yards and CC had 800+ yards as a 3rd stringer. I believe this will open up everything. Passing to Boston and CC will be good and that will make Defenses worry about them and that'll open up holes for Minor.

It's funny PT, I look at your sig and it seems Ricky cut his hair and all his senses went with it. :roflmao:

Prime Time said:

I THINK YOUR RIGHT!!! THIS OFFENSE MUST CHANGE TO MORE OF A PASSING ONE.. EVEN IF IT'S SMALL PASSES TO THE BACKS, OR THE TE.

Wayne is a joke. If wanny hasn't changed his philospy for the 4 years he was here, what makes him think he will change it now. Lets hope I'm wrong and wanny awakes from the sleep hes been in for the last 4 years.

muscle979 said:
I agree with you guys, and unlike every other year Wanny has been with us, for some reason i have a little more faith in him this year. Imagine if we came out the first play against the Titans and ran a bomb to ethir CC or DBo out of playaction.....o ya, and preferably A.J. Feeley would be throwing the ball:D .

Dave also said they has so many ideas you just can't use them all. If I were him I wouldn't come out and tell people my gameplan either. He also said they were going to have to do some tweaking to the playbook so what kind of tweaks????

I think he realizes his job is up for grabs if he doesn't produce and I believe he will do the things it takes to win.

Wanny is terrible coach, if he wasn't friends with Jimmy he wouldn't be coaching period. He is just wanting to be the good guy and not ruffle feathers. He brings in friends to coach that haven't got the experience to be coaching at this level. I have been a fins fan for ever and don't really appreciate his friends learning the ropes with my favorite team, let them learn somewhere else.

Good coaches look at the players that they have and design the offensive schemes to maximize there players abilities. Miami hasn't really done that for 3 years now. If the owner wanted the team to get the best out of his players and get the team to the next level Wanny would have been gone last year no questions. I really hope that we see a desperate group of coaches that aren't afraid to take chances this season and open things up a lot because that is the only way I see this team moving past what they have doen the last two years.

As much as I loved watching RW just run over 9 people every week it wasn't very much fun to watch because there were no suprises, except the Giants game and we need more plays like that to get teams to be honest and not cheat against the run. Should be fun this year because teams are going to make Miami run this year and not let the WR beat them this year since the horse in the back field is gone. Can't wait to see who will step up this year and most importantly if the coaches let them.

kasaba13 said:

When I read the article I had the same thoughs.What a stubborn pigheaded coach he is:french: .Nothing seems to change his style of coaching:sleep: Football is a dynamic game.There are changes every year and a coach has to be adaptable.This year for instance there are rule changes which favor the multiple wide sets and most coaches in the league are scheming to take advantage of this.Not Dave.:lastyr:

Now Ricky is gone:help: .Is Dave going to open up the offense?:shakeno: .No major changes.Just tweaks.

This approach is what makes him so predictable:( .That and his inability to adjust during a game.Game plans are like battle strategies.They only last a few plays.The rest is adjustments during the heat of the battle.:apc:

Most of you are grasping at straws here. Wannstedt's overall philosophy will never change. He's going to coach towards the defense, the running game, and play the field position game. There were drastic differences between the way Chan Gailey ran the offense and the way Norv Turner ran the offense, but it was overall the same philosophy. Things will be adjusted within the philosophy to achieve what the fins want to achieve, and what they want to do is control the ball via the running game and set up the play action pass. They do not under any circumstance want to become a team that completely forgets about the run and goes all pass happy like the Oakland Raiders were a couple of years ago. This team isn't going to become a ball control passing offense either.

This team will emphasize the running game, and why not? This is the most fool proof and proven philosophy in the NFL: run the ball, play defense, and win the kicking game.

BlueFin wrote,
Shula adjusted his philosophy to the personnel he had.........Wannstedt just jams his philosophy down everybodys throat no matter what personnel he has. In the end, that along with his poor drafting and talent evaluation will be his downfall.........................Oh, and he needs to grow a pair too.
Yeah! What he said :D

Back
Top Bottom