this would have been tannehill's breakout season | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this would have been tannehill's breakout season

Pathetic - remember those threads about how much better Dalton was compared to Tannehill? Lets see how long the Bengals stay with Dalton.

He doesn't look any worse than Tannehill did last season on Thursday night. To be fair though these Thursday night games are terrible on the whole. I stopped watching them religiously last season, might stop altogether this season.

Dalton was a legit MVP candidate not too long ago...so he's still played at a higher level than Tannehill ever has.

Dalton was a legit MVP candidate not too long ago...so he's still played at a higher level than Tannehill ever has.

You went there, huh? You don't really believe that he belonged in that discussion do you?

Minion-What.gif

At least he's a better coach than Philbin was.

Philbin ruined any development that Tannehill should have had.

Doesn't take back the fact of what I posted earlier in the thread.

"Here I am contradicting myself, but I don't really mean it."

Sure, whatever you say. ;)

Holy cow - I did not mean to cause a stir up here. Let me rephrase what I meant. I think Ryan is a very good QB who became good in that Raiders game in London and didn't look back. I also think last year was the type of year (throw out the first 4 games) that he will continue to have the rest of his career. A very good QB but not Rodgers, Brady etc etc. He can win us a SB just like Flacco did w Baltimore or Eli w the Giants etc. I'm just tired of hearing "this year is make or break" for him etc - I don't buy that. I'd argue he's already "there". He has some deficiencies and he may not have the "it" factor that some people state. But, he does have a different kind of "it" - he takes care of the ball and he can manage a game for 4 quarters. He wouldn't melt down and forget to run the clock or take idiotic sacks like Matt Ryan did in critical situations to blow the SB. He has high football IQ. All I was trying to say was can we please stop w the make or break, or this was his breakout year and that yes, he's a good QB and bring us a championship. Youzzzaaaa....

He doesn't look any worse than Tannehill did last season on Thursday night. To be fair though these Thursday night games are terrible on the whole. I stopped watching them religiously last season, might stop altogether this season.

Thats a fair point about Thursday night games, but for people to make claims that Dalton is clearly better than x QB- Im not buying in.

I won't take a position either way on whether this would've been his breakout season, because nobody knows with any certainty. However, an important piece of information to consider with regard to the boldfaced portion above is that Tannehill had a similar upsurge in performance during his last 13 games of the season in his first year under Bill Lazor in 2014, only to decrease in that regard during 2015 as a whole.

So, he's had a similar upsurge in performance that wasn't sustained. We're not looking at a simple upward trajectory from his rookie year until now.

Please find me any QB who has been playing in the league for a number of years and has had a steady upward trajectory from their rookie year with no downward seasons. I'm guessing you will not find one. So, once again, intentional or not, you are holding Tannehill to a fictitious unattainable standard.

:roflmao@ this thread.
We are two days away from our opener and we talk about some 'shoudda, woudda, maybe, coudda or maybe not".

Before anything in 2018 we have to start our 2017 campaign first.

I will be enjoying when our Dolphins beat the tape worms out of the Chargers colons and no former player or currently injured player will be on my mind.

I would tell you the only person that this applies to is Russell Wilson

And yet, the very first year that Tannehill and WIlson were behind similar pass blocking OLs and Miami's running game outperformed Seattle's, Tannehill's efficiency rating passed Wilson's. Coincidence?????

Back
Top Bottom