Those that want Gase fired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those that want Gase fired

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I always ask, just like with replacing Tannehill, "what's your plan?" You want Gase gone, I can see why. But who is your replacement? And don't forget two things, the Philbin years and the fact this team really hasn't had an "internal" implosion and there are no pointing of fingers.

So let's have the difficult conversation, who do you want? Harbaugh and Jimbo aren't having great seasons, can they be had? Who is the hot OC DC right now on the NFL?

I've ranted about Gase and how our offense is unbelievably terrible, but there is zero chance he gets fired this offseason. Even if our offensive woes are all his fault, you just can't fire him this early, especially with the Tannehill injury and (literal) lack of an offensive line. You have to give him at least another year. Otherwise you will never get another decent coach to agree to come here.

I do think his play calling sucks though. Hopefully this disaster will be a wake up call and he'll start fixing things. Whether that's bringing in players that can actually run his damn offense, or calling a better game, I don't care, it just has to improve. If it doesn't, then you start thinking about a new coach after next year.

EDIT: I just read his comments about the offensive players not knowing wtf they're doing. Hahaha, every year this team manages to surprise me... What can I do but laugh? It would explain the play calling though...

Last edited:
EDIT: I just read his comments about the offensive players not knowing wtf they're doing. Hahaha, every year this team manages to surprise me... What can I do but laugh? It would explain the play calling though...

I just saw the article also. I seriously hope he benches everyone who does not know the offense. I would much rather sacrifice this season to fix this huge issue.

I think the question right now is whether Gase can devote the attention to refining the offensive players' performance -- which he noted yesterday is the key problem on this team -- when he's simultaneously coaching the entire team.

If I were him I'd be on the phone, consulting with someone like Mike Holmgren -- a quality former head coach and play-caller as well -- asking him how that's best done.

Who wants Gase fired? I still think he is the solution going forward. So what we are gonna praise him when the team comes from behind late (2nd half adjustments) but then want him fired after every bad loss? I get we are in the reactionary world of twitter and instagram but things are way better with the coaching situation then in a long time.

My criticism of him at this point is the play calling which he can simply relinquish (eventually) and just be the head coach.

Who wants Gase fired? I still think he is the solution going forward. So what we are gonna praise him when the team comes from behind late (2nd half adjustments) but then want him fired after every bad loss? I get we are in the reactionary world of twitter and instagram but things are way better with the coaching situation then in a long time.

My criticism of him at this point is the play calling which he can simply relinquish (eventually) and just be the head coach.

Yes, because the come-from-behind wins are bad on two grounds: 1) they indicate you were behind late, and 2) they can't possibly be sustained long-term.

When you combine those with bad losses as this team's current "identity," you have a major problem.

Part of any high-quality team's identity is the ability to go out and wallop a team every now and then. Obviously John Harbaugh's team has that as part of its identity, while at an only meager 4-4 in the standings.

The way I see it is Sparano and and Philbin got three seasons, at least, so Gase deserves that much as well. Moreover Gase got the team to the playoffs in his FIRST season that didn't rely on a trick play. Gase sadly has had a bad run of luck with injuries before the season even started. So given all that has happened he deserves at least one more season to right the ship.

Yes, because the come-from-behind wins are bad on two grounds: 1) they indicate you were behind late, and 2) they can't possibly be sustained long-term.

When you combine those with bad losses as this team's current "identity," you have a major problem.

Part of any high-quality team's identity is the ability to go out and wallop a team every now and then. Obviously John Harbaugh's team has that as part of its identity, while at an only meager 4-4 in the standings.
There you have it. Fire him right now!

Maybe we will get lucky and an interim coach will become the next Belichick!

We are on our 3RD QB of the season....Cutler was just starting to jell with our receivers (it takes time, especially with NO offseason with the team)....Moore proved why he not a starter ....we are still 4-3 ...do we make the playoffs (who knows)....Gase is young he needs time as well...we can't keep changing things and expect to get better ...we have a lot of talent on offense (it's our o-line killing us).
Thursday night was embarrassing the whole team kind of imploded and lost their composure...time to move on.

He’s not through even two years as the coach. I’m not bailing yet. How could last year not be looked at positively? Year 2 isn’t even over plus Tannehill is out for the year. That’s significant. They’re 4-3 not 0-7.

I'm not bailing yet either, principally because I view this team's primary problem as poor leadership among the players. And that may indeed be a product of Tannehill's absence, primarily.

Gase is trying to make chicken soup with chicken $H!T.......Whts gase to do.....We dont have a qb people tannehill was injured....Season has been over since the first game of the season.

As frustrating it was to us fans watching the game on tv, can you imagine standing on the sidelines and having the cameras constantly be pointing at you while your team gets dismantled in a 40-0 route? I bet there is no one who wants to get this fixed as badly as Gase. He isn't going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom