Those that want Gase fired | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those that want Gase fired

I think your criticism is fair. Regarding QB, you could say he misevaluated Cuter vs. Kaepernick. Other than that what is the org supposed to do since Tannenhill got hurt ? Seems like he hid a lot of flaws on the line.
Other orgs lose their quarterback and continue playing football. Many don't have the luxury to spend 10 Millions to Swoon a guy out of retirement and have them play like crap. My issue is the finger being pointed a lot of places and nothing seems to be corrected. This falls on the head coach 100% of the time and he will be the scapegoat regardless if you agree or disagree. A continuation with the historic lack of production from the offense will cause a media frenzy not to mention fan rebellion which will in turn cost of ownership a lot of money. We have fatal flaws whether they lie in the coach players or upper management and if not corrected soon somebody's going to be on the chopping block and usually it's not the players it's the coach.

I am unsure.... Gase came out early on saying that he had no idea what is wrong with the offense and that he doesn't know what to do to fix it. This was almost to the point where he seemed incompetent.

Now he is saying the players are not playing for him? He seems to be throwing something new at the wall each week to see what sticks. I have never seen a coach respond this way to a loss.

Assuming what Gase says is true:

He's not saying they aren't playing for him, he's saying they refuse to put in effort to learn the playbook in their time off. They don't see the big deal because they come in when they're told and work their asses off, but they screw everything up because they don't know what they're supposed to be doing.

He was covering them until now, probably because that's what he was expected to do. You're right that coaches don't generally come out and say this stuff. But if it's true, I'm fine with him saying it. You're at the point where you have to start benching these guys if they aren't doing their jobs. This is Gase's last wake up call to them. If they decide they want to quit on the team because the coach talked to the media about their laziness then who cares, they're about to get benched anyways.

We'll see, Cutler better be first then unless he decides to play cause all the nfl analysts that know football say he's retired on duty.

Cleveland fans clamored to get Belichick fired - and Gase has done better than him to this point. How did that work out for them?

Just about as well as any coaching change has done for us, we're on the same parallel. Also let's not kid ourselves, the New England organization and quarterback is in another solar system compared to Cleveland so that helps a bit.

It just doesn't make any sense. We're returning 10 of 11 starters from last year and the 11th (Cutler) has prior experience with the offense. So how could we run the offense somewhat effectively last year then all of a sudden forget the plays/assignments. No I'm not buying it. Gase was called out by Romo AND Sanders for his play calling and people are catching on. This is a spin job for Gase as his offense, outside a Peyton Manning lead one, has never been special nor innovative. Now the argument could be made that Tannehill ran this pop warner offense better and made chicken salad out of chicken ****. If Gase said that, then it would be much more believable than his team all of a sudden cant understand the playbook or their assignments. However that once again points to a gross ineptitude from our head coach as he needs to be saved from himself by his qb.

It just doesn't make any sense. We're returning 10 of 11 starters from last year and the 11th (Cutler) has prior experience with the offense. So how could we run the offense somewhat effectively last year then all of a sudden forget the plays/assignments. No I'm not buying it. Gase was called out by Romo AND Sanders for his play calling and people are catching on. This is a spin job for Gase as his offense, outside a Peyton Manning lead one, has never been special nor innovative. Now the argument could be made that Tannehill ran this pop warner offense better and made chicken salad out of chicken ****. If Gase said that, then it would be much more believable than his team all of a sudden cant understand the playbook or their assignments. However that once again points to a gross ineptitude from our head coach as he needs to be saved from himself by his qb.
I think I agree with you sad to say

A lot of criticism in this thread and by the usual Gase haters but still no answer to the original op about who you would get to replace Gase.

No need for Gase to be fired but next year will be his last if the offense isn't fixed. The line is absolutely pathetic and the head coach needs to do something about it. His side of the ball depends on it. Unacceptable

A lot of criticism in this thread and by the usual Gase haters but still no answer to the original op about who you would get to replace Gase.

Gase isn't getting fired, not for at least 2 more years. Every Dolphin fan knows this is what Ross does. So instead of suggesting a replacement, suggest a way to identify and fix the problem. So the real question becomes who could he hire to help him run his offense better?

I'm not a Gase hater, i actually was very stoked about the hiring and liked what I originally saw from him. But how can I like a head coach that turned the team downward and appears to not address glaring issues.

I don't know who the next coach should be it's not my job but I would like somebody that can Propel the team forward not backward. He'll get another year and I'm okay with that but now my expectations are not high at all status quo for a Dolphin fan cause the magic I thought Gase had might not be there at all. I've been wrong before almost weekly and I hope I'm wrong this time. I really want to see him succeed cuz I like a lot of what he does but also hate a lot of what he does.

At what point does this become the problem with Gase. If this was almost any other team in any other sport the coach and be out the door. He has all responsibility if his players aren't doing what he needs them to do. If this is been going on for 2 years and we're still in regression I'm afraid it's his fault.

Gase is 14-9 in the regular season. 0-1 in their first playoff appearance in 8 years. You’re saying this gets him fired everywhere else?

Gase is 14-9 in the regular season. 0-1 in their first playoff appearance in 8 years. You’re saying this gets him fired everywhere else?
I'm saying if this Trainwreck isn't straightened out soon I think his coaching life is short here not this year but I think it'll be short. Do you like what you're seeing on the field?

Here's the thing. After a game like Baltimore you want to replace everyone, strike a match, blow it up and start over.

That said, I like how much the defense has improved in one year. The team went from basically the worst running defense in the NFL to top 10 in one year. So if the team can make the same commitment to improving the offense, I'm hopeful.

I do think Gase needs to find a new offensive coordinator. It's discouraging to hear that players aren't learning the playbook. That sounds like a coaching issue.

Here's a transcript of his press conference.....gotta say, while I don't think he's the guru or savior he's made out to be, I like the fact that he pulled no punches. I think after Thurs night things are now really going to change how he coaches.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2017/1...d-of-this-im-tired-of-the-offense-being-awful

"I’ll look into it, but I’m done compromising with anybody. I’ll do what I think is best and those that want to come on board, great. Those that don’t, we’ll get rid of them.”

That comment though had me scratching my head......who exactly was he compromising with and why? The players, coaches?? He's the top dog - why would he not be having thing done his way already and "doing what he thinks best" - if he was allowing people to get into his head and change things he thought better of, that's still on him. Anyway, looks like those days are over.

Back
Top Bottom