Thoughts on K. Drake | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on K. Drake

D. Williams started heating up against Atlanta. That's all there is to it.

Drake got stuffed on his one opportunity if I recall correctly. No reason at all to get down on your backups, imo...

It's a matter of having two RBs better as of now. Where would he get snaps but on special teams? Damien Williams is a pretty good Rb and great back up. Drake has value but we cannot expect him to take snaps away from Ajayi and the 5-7 from Williams. Drake is def not a bust. A-rod sat for 3 years due to having Brett in front of him. It's a nice depth problem to have! PHINS UP!!

I would hang on to him for now. He is the only one of the 3 picks (Grant, Carroo) that I see potential in.
Agreed. Carroo looks like a camp fodder by year three. I see absolutely nothing in his game to be excited about. Grant had some preseason flashes against fellow second/third stringers, but his size will always be a major downfall as a receiver. Tyreek Hill is the 1 in however many millions. Both of these guys will likely be outperformed by undrafted free agent receivers in the coming years.

Drake made some huge plays for us on special teams and as a running back last season. I don't think our staff knew what they had in Damien Williams when they spent a third round pick on him. Now they do. He's just caught up in the numbers game.

idk, 37 carries in 21 games is like less than 2 opps a game running the rock. I would like to see some more carries before I give up hope on him. In college he had many more opps than 1.7 per game. Or maybe he sucks, who knows.
Well he didn't play at all early last year since he was coming back from injury and they only gave him 1 or 2 plays a game until he learned the playbook. To my eyes, he looks to have regressed from late in the season last year.

Lamar Miuller 3.8 yards per carry and 1 td. Jay Ajayi 3.8 per carry and zero td's and Mike Gillislee 3.7 yards per carry and 4 tds. I'm not say he's a star back, but he's NFL worthy, where fans here say he should have been out of the league a few years ago. Just saying it's wise not to put lot of stock in what most fans say when it comes to if a player can play or not.

I think we will see more Drake later. Whoever the Fins have as an RB scout can pick up good players. Miller, Gilliiiiii, Ajayi, Darkwa, & not to mention Jonas Grey had his moment. If the Fins, God forbid, lose Ajayi down the road to knees or contract Drake should step up and do fine.

I think he's shown flashes in limited opportunities. It's hard for a RB to show much when he doesn't get a chance to get in any rythem.

it has nothing to do with ability. he has plenty of talent. i still think it's assignment related. once he gets the confidence from gase, the sky (and ajayi ahead of him) are the limit.

Drake needs to take a knee in the end zone and stop trying to return kicks that he cant take past the 15-yard line. He gave us **** field position on our first 2 drives.

As a RB, I thought he did well at times and I had hoped he would develop into a good 3rd down back. Not sure whats going on with him but I wouldnt trade or give up on him.

find a better backup to ajayi option this offseason...Williams has way too much hesitation as a ball carrier in his game...he's not barry sanders

D. Williams started heating up against Atlanta. That's all there is to it.

Drake got stuffed on his one opportunity if I recall correctly. No reason at all to get down on your backups, imo...

Just curious. Exactly how did Williams start to heat up against the Falcons? He was pretty unimpressive in my opinion.

find a better backup to ajayi option this offseason...Williams has way too much hesitation as a ball carrier in his game...he's not barry sanders

Williams hesitation drives me nuts. As do Drake and Grant on returns. With the ball now at the 25 on touchbacks, guys absolutely have to head north when they catch the ball and should be banned from looking for a lane until they reach 18-20 yards out. I'm sick of watching Grant stopping dead and then running laterally at the 10. He makes one guy miss and gets ploughed at the 15. Loss of 10 yards on the drive, almost every time.

I prefer Drake on returns, as he has similar ability to Jarvis in terms of making guys miss with subtle direction changes that don't scrub off speed.

But I didn't like the pick at all when it was made and I don't think there's been much evidence, on admittedly few touches, to make me change my mind. Drake was never really a dependable workhorse nor a game changing weapon for Alabama and Saban knew it.

I alluded to this point in a previous post. Drake doesn't have the vision to function as an every down back. It's difficult to use either Drake or Williams to spell Ajayi because their presence in the backfield tips off he defense that they can eliminate certain plays from consideration.

This offense needs a backup to Ajayi that can tote it 6-10 times per game without a major performance drop off or tipping off the play.

I alluded to this point in a previous post. Drake doesn't have the vision to function as an every down back. It's difficult to use either Drake or Williams to spell Ajayi because their presence in the backfield tips off he defense that they can eliminate certain plays from consideration.

This offense needs a backup to Ajayi that can tote it 6-10 times per game without a major performance drop off or tipping off the play.

Williams is used on plays up the middle for no gain. I think this is Gase setting up Williams for pass plays later but, as you say, nobody is buying it.

Back
Top Bottom