Thoughts on last nights game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on last nights game

The stringfellow clip reminds me of the kid that Minnesota drafted in the first round that couldn't make it as a wr minus the pure top shelf speed. The kid they made a kick returner drafted top 20. Long and leggy and build up speed

The free from press release off the los by the corner on that 99 yard td is the kind of stuff that gets you cut. As was the safety play

The O-line looked pleasantly decent last night. Hopefully they can all come together and gel.

One thing that I hate is lame comments by some in the Game Thread. Biggest whiner loser 300 messages or less post mfers make it look like the team stunk. Truth is they will get shredded in the pass game unless Howard, McCain and Lippett step up. Then the pass will open up the run game. 1 sack all game, so aside from a crappy first pre season game where the number one rule, stay healthy was broken, It sucked listening to fans who gripe and wait for a loss when none often comes.

Last edited:
Yes, He looks like he should be on the first team.

Funny that some people who are putting all of their stock in a few training camp tweets have Asiata as 50/50 to make the 53 man roster. Just goes to show you it's best to wait until September or until the coaches start publicly questioning a player before we should start taking too much of what we read or hear seriously.

William Hayes is the man!

Eric Smith might just save the depth situation at tackle.

McMillen is Chinatown, nothing you can do.

Godchaux and Taylor...GTFOH, they offset the bummer that is Raekwon.

Asiata looked damn good from the above post (couldn't watch 2nd half).

Our receiver unit is deeeeeeeeeeep.

Will Hayes was a monster. Our Dline is stacked and yes Fede actually looked pretty good as well.

Eric Smith played really well at RT all game

Like above, our Wrs are so deep so it's going to be fun watching who makes it

Hull was ok, really want to see Hewitt next game hopefully

4th cb is going to be interesting

DTS looked solid

The stringfellow clip reminds me of the kid that Minnesota drafted in the first round that couldn't make it as a wr minus the pure top shelf speed. The kid they made a kick returner drafted top 20. Long and leggy and build up speed

The free from press release off the los by the corner on that 99 yard td is the kind of stuff that gets you cut. As was the safety play

Cordarrelle Patterson

No expert here, but I hope the first play on the Asiata clip is telling. The dude appears to have his head on a swivel. He blocked his man, saw that Davis (#77) was losing contain on his guy and went over and blocked that guy. Sorry, I can't remember his name, but not too long ago we had a LG who looked like he couldn't see anything unless it was the guy right in front of him. I used to get frustrated watching defenders run around the guy and he would just stand there blocking nobody. Sometimes I would see that he didn't even have the decency to help Tannehill up after he got clobbered. Thankfully, he's no longer on the team. I think he was jettisoned by Gase.

Those clips of Issac Asiata, makes you wonder how good he can be. He looks very aware and very strong. It could be, just a matter of time, with better conditioning and getting use to the heat of South Florida. It also brings to question another Omar blip from a radio interview he gave last week on the Hoch and Crowder show on WQAM, where he stated Asiata was not good at all. I realize He was playing against Third String players, but damn I was expecting something very disappointing, after listening to Omar. But to what seems, to everyone's delight, Asiata showed well, especially, in how he rides his guy into the 2nd level at times. I feel much better about this kid after realizing once again it's not wise to put too much credit into what Imar says.

Jordan Lucas is the most disappointing player for me. He looks the part he just doesn't play like it when he's on the field playing defense.

I like what I saw from Charles Harris in a 4 point lined up wide. Showed a bull rush which he rarely used in college and a nice shoulder dip and ability to gain the inside shoulder. Two things that also showed lack of vision on the football and when he did flush the qb lacks the top end speed to really close. He's gonna need to get his sacks in the pocket. That 4.8 shows up when he's in full gallop. Still it looks to me like it should be the plan a sub edge rusher as a rookie which is all I really wanted to meet expectations. He played with more consistent ball pursuit effort than he showed in college too. Amazing how much that remedies itself when guys start collecting NFL pay checks.

I also liked what I saw from marquis gray. Caught a tough fully extended away from him bullet on his first catch most guys tip into the air when a guys on their back for an int and he looks like Miami is gonna be more comfortable giving him option routes this year. Definitely looks like there's development there. Also he got some split wide looks too ran a stop route vs off doughty threw in the seats but Miami never split him last year. That's a sneaky resign by the team I'm sure it was dirt cheap too.

Miami might be grooming Trevor Reilly at strong down the road. Hell he might be the 2 deep strong right now.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't say cordrea tankersley tackled more than I ever saw in college. Even had a nice must fill and force inside on the edge stop in run support at the los. Some hesitation in his transition back to the ball or man but not a bad showing. Reminds me of Byron maxwell a lot. Active hands a little stiff. High level ball skills and ball awareness.

Miamis got a lot of developmental types in camp we don't want to play with this year but might add up to something in 2018 or 2019.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom