Thoughts on Pat Devlin? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Pat Devlin?

hes a nobody who is an odd space of not good enough to be a backup but good enough to be useful

pat devlin takes snaps in the second half of pre season games and isnt that impressive while doing so.

That is pat Devlins career in a sentence. He gets paid a fortune to do it and I am very jealous

Thats pretty much how I see it. I believe we will bring in a QB to compete for the 3rd string spot, and move into the 2nd string spot next year.

I agree 100%.Keep moore and let devlin fight for his spot.

Delvin has to go. He is not the answer as long term backup. The team needs to find depth in the position beyond MM.

Draft a QB in any round when he's BPA. We need to draft a qb in mid rounds every 2-3 years regardless of BPA.

To those that think the thread is unimportant, talk to me after RT gets hurt and MM is gone.

The Phins just brought in Jordan Rodgers to push Devlin so having a plethora of arms in camp isn't a bad thing. Hopefully everything will sort itself out shortly.

I thought taj Boyd was supposed to be a really good prospect at the start of the season what happened to Boyd

Agreed but, it's a very slow time, and thought this may be a bit better than Chad in the CFL, shutting down CJ, and Morris as a possible draft FA pickup for Phans to talk about.

I get that's it's a slow news period, especially with the draft in May this year, but this isn't an issue that should be or even could be decided before we see everyone perform in preseason.

He's a 3rd string QB. That's all I've got. I don't want him as a back up. I'd rather have a developmental project there. I almost hope Philbin thinks he can do something with Jordan Rodgers. Or maybe we draft someone late (Boyd? Franklin? Pachall?) and let him study and get better for a couple years and groom him into a backup.

Man you guys are hard on Devlin. It's going to take a lot for him to unseat Moore at the 2nd position given Moore's actual game experience and knowledge. For now Devlin is the #3 no more no less. I think they will play him heavy in this preaseason to really evaluate what they have in terms of a potential #2 for 2015 or to create trade buzz if they don't want to keep him around.

Man you guys are hard on Devlin. It's going to take a lot for him to unseat Moore at the 2nd position given Moore's actual game experience and knowledge. For now Devlin is the #3 no more no less. I think they will play him heavy in this preaseason to really evaluate what they have in terms of a potential #2 for 2015 or to create trade buzz if they don't want to keep him around.

Hard on a guy who has been in the nfl 3 years and has played as many snaps as I have?

joking aside, about the trade buzz thing? if your talking about devlin you need to see a doctor mate

Draft a kid to compete with Devlin and Moore, that way we'll get a rookie, with a rookie contract for 4 years. Then cut one of the two vets.

I think Moore being on the roster still shows all u need to know about the staff opinion of Devlin.
He seems ok to me but if they thought he was good they would drop Moore. Moore has very little chance of bringing any return.

He is useless and is a waste of a roster spot...time to draft another late round QB to replace him.

He is useless and is a waste of a roster spot...time to draft another late round QB to replace him.

not sure if he is anymore useless than any other third qb. He should know offense so not sure just any late round qb can easily replace him.
He doesn't hurt our cap.

I do agree that under most circumstances any 3rd qb is a waste of space. If you have a starter that doesn't have recurring injury issues and an experienced/well paid backup then keep a young guy on the PS and add a wr or something

Devlin has been on the roster for 3 years now, what has he contributed? 0 snaps

I do agree that under most circumstances any 3rd qb is a waste of space. If you have a starter that doesn't have recurring injury issues and an experienced/well paid backup then keep a young guy on the PS and add a wr or something

Devlin has been on the roster for 3 years now, what has he contributed? 0 snaps

I do think by now he should be ready to backup and if he isn't maybe we should move on

Back
Top Bottom