Three NFL.com analysts pick Dolphins’ Jay Cutler to win Comeback Player of the Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Three NFL.com analysts pick Dolphins’ Jay Cutler to win Comeback Player of the Year

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
GettyImages-838659802.jpg

Three NFL.com analysts are buying into the return of Miami Dolphins quaterback Jay Cutler.
Gregg Rosenthal, Adam Rank and Dave Dameshek all believe the NFL player turned broadcaster turned back to NFL player will win the Comeback Player of the Year.
Rosenthal, Rank and Dameshek were the only three of 15 analysts to choose Cutler over the likes of the Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch and the Texans’ J.J. Watt.
“Just because I want to hear the acceptance speech,” Rosenthal wrote.
“He comes out of the broadcast booth to lead the Dolphins to the playoffs,” Rank wrote. “You know you want this to happen.”
www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/three-nfl-com-analysts-pick-dolphins-jay-cutler-win-comeback-player-the-year/KQro6NntWAiITL8WGJubuO/

na!! i think the raiders qb will prob. take it !! he looked good in pre season

If Cutler does well enough to win Comeback player of the year, then there is no doubt in my mind that Miami will be in the playoffs again, and maybe more.

He ought to.

With the receivers and running back he has, I expect even a so-so season should be one of his better years.

I'm curious, do folks think he has a shot at 30 TD's? Tannemoore threw 28 last year and the offense was new to everybody. Now there is more experience from the skill players and Jay has been in this offense before. They're also taking more no huddle. I'm thinking about grabbing him as my fantasy QB, just think there's potential there over some of the young darlings that are being drafted.

Hope so but I have a friend who is a long time Bears fan from Chicago and he thinks Cutler won't do jack, hates him and was happy to see him go.

Hope so but I have a friend who is a long time Bears fan from Chicago and he thinks Cutler won't do jack, hates him and was happy to see him go.

You don't even have to be a long time bears fan to hold those sentiments.

Does this friend know that cutler actually had a very good season when gase was his oc?

Cutler being our QB is like having Jeff George taking over for Marino back in the day...I don't like him as a player, but I hope he throws for 40 TD's.

Very good is a push. Cutler didn't make as many stupid mistakes b/c Gase reeled him in.

The thing that I don't get is how people expect Cutler to be reeled in and still throw 30 tds. It either or folks. Either reel him in and he'll have Td's in the low 20's or let him be a gun slinger and he'll have interceptions in the low 20's. A 30 Td 10 int season isn't just unlikely, it a unicorn jumping over a rainbow into a leprechaun's pot of gold.

Personally I'd rather see the reeled in version as it will most likely net 7 to 10 wins. The 20 int version is a 3 to 4 win team regardless of how many tds he throws due to our defensive scheme and personnel.

The thing that I don't get is how people expect Cutler to be reeled in and still throw 30 tds. It either or folks. Either reel him in and he'll have Td's in the low 20's or let him be a gun slinger and he'll have interceptions in the low 20's. A 30 Td 10 int season isn't just unlikely, it a unicorn jumping over a rainbow into a leprechaun's pot of gold.

Personally I'd rather see the reeled in version as it will most likely net 7 to 10 wins. The 20 int version is a 3 to 4 win team regardless of how many tds he throws due to our defensive scheme and personnel.

Well Matt Moore was reeled in to 8 TD's in 3 games. Is Cutler not better? We have some similar opponents on the schedule.

Back
Top Bottom