Throwbacks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Throwbacks

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I’m aware of how trivial this discussion can be, but after we dispatch of the Jets we play in 3 straight primetime games and in my humble opinion now would be the perfect time to unleash the most beautiful uniforms in all of sports.

Maybe it’s just me but the overall lack of orange in our current uniform is a huge flaw in design and has always been a pet peeve of mine. Furthermore I prefer the black accent with the gloves and cleats opposed to the two-tone orange mash-up we are currently implementing.

Now I could be wrong but I remember hearing that we’re scheduled to wear the throwbacks towards the end of the season which leads me to wonder why?

Wouldn’t we be best suited to unveil them while we’re in the thick of things where we could really take advantage of the morale boost?

Anyways I hope the organization is smart enough to seize this opportunity and also give the fans what they really want.

Last edited:
Our throwbacks are the best uniform in sports. Unfortunately, were not wearing them until the last 2 games of the year I believe. At least we wear them a few games a year. I would love to see the white uniforms again!

What happened to the all whites? That's a cool look.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they saved the all whites for week 1 2018
ryan_tannehill_86_large.jpg

Forgot how many prime time games we have this year. Hopefully the offense continues to get better.

When are we eligible for a uniform change again?

I love the throw backs. That said, I also wish we would wear the Orange jerseys once every couple years.

Miami could change their uniforms next year actually, this season is the 5th with the current logo/uni's, however the dolphins would of had to present this to the leaugue before march 1st of this year, for them to be able to make the change for NEXT season. This absolutely could be the case as something like this, at this stage, would be kept in house anyway.

NFL Constitution and Bylaws Article XIX 19.9

(D) No club shall have the right to make changes in its club colors and/or in the designs of its team helmets or uniforms except in accordance with the following provisions:

(1) Absent specific extenuating circumstances as determined by the Commissioner, if a club desires to make any changes in club colors, uniform appearance, designs of team helmets, designs of team uniforms, trademarks, or trade names, it must give written notice and details thereof to the League on or before March 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; must comply with the uniform change notification and approval timeline as established by the League office and amended from time to time; and further must obtain approval from the League pursuant to Section 19.9(D)(2) by December 1 of the year prior to the year in which it wishes to change; otherwise it shall have no right to make any change for the succeeding season.

(2) Despite the provisions of the foregoing sub-paragraph (1) of this Section 19.9(D) and despite the fact that notice was given of the proposed change in the colors and/or designs of team helmet and uniforms as above set out, should such change, in the opinion of the Commissioner, result in any conflict with the club colors and/or helmet and uniform designs of any other club, and the clubs involved are unable to agree upon a method of solving such conflict, the Commissioner shall have the right to designate the club colors and/or the designs of the team helmet or uniforms to be used by the affected clubs in such season.

2002 Resolution G-3

Third, be it Further Resolved, that a Club may not change its regular home and away uniforms more than once every five NFL seasons, and may not change its third uniform design more than once every five NFL seasons, absent specific extenuating circumstances (e.g., Club ownership change or relocation) as determined by the Commissioner.

Our throwbacks against the raiders would have looked awesome. Talk about a classic old-school AFL look both teams would have brought that night. That and Tannehill's injury are my 2 greatest disappointments so far.

I just hope we never ever again wear all-aqua. Monocolor uniforms are ugly.

Back
Top Bottom