Thursday Night.. who to root for?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday Night.. who to root for??

say us and the jets won out till the final game or they were a game ahead of us at least and we won the game making our records tied, what does it come down to again to break the tie breaker????????? head to head then division??????????? or conference?

I think we have to root for the Pats. It comes down to division records and tiebreakers. We already beat the Pats and Bills - lost to the Jets, though we should have won.

I think we have to root for the Pats. It comes down to division records and tiebreakers. We already beat the Pats and Bills - lost to the Jets, though we should have won.

Rose colored glasses ...

I was at that game. Could have won it? Definitely. Should have won it? I don't think so.

Luck seems to follow Favio where ever he plays. (((See punt pass TD for explanation )))

I truly would not mind witnessing a HUGE comet landing at mid-field a second before kickoff.

:D
Thanks for the chuckle.

Ultimately, we should root for the pastries. The Dolphins have had much more success of late against NE and the Yets have just owned the Dolphins in recent years.

I like the Dolphins chances against NE at home much more than NY in Joizy.

Do we root for those ladies from NY or do we chant for those fairies from Beantown?

If NY wins, they have beat us already and a win would put them even farther ahead in the tie breaker...

However the Patsies are still the dominate team in our division and we're used to rooting bad luck their way..

In reality it really doesnt matter who wins or who loses, because we still have our destiny in our hands, but still.. we have to root for someone to lose.. So who do you want to lose and why?

I say NONE cause when it's all said and done, the AFC east, we will have won!

Wow, as much as I hate to say it, I guess a Pats win would be the way to go, knock the Jets off of their win streak. But its always wonderful to watch the Patriots lose ;)

as much as it pains me to say this,and i damn sure NEVER thought i'd hear myself say this;but i hope the Pats win that game...shaking my head in disgust at hearing myself say that,but a Pats win does benefit the Dolphins...

Root for the Pats.

If Jets lose.. and we beat oakland.

Pats 7-3
Jets 6-4
Fins 6-4
Bills 6-4

The next week the Jets play Tennessee and we Play the Pats. Lets assume the Jets lose to the undefeated Titans, and we beat the Pats at home.

Fins 7-4
Pats 7-4 (0-2 against Mia 2-2 Div)
Bills 7-4 (0-1 against Mia 0-3 Div)
Jets 6-5 (1-0 against Mia 2-2 Div)

(Bills have two easy games coming up (Cle, KC)

that my friend just about sums it up

say us and the jets won out till the final game or they were a game ahead of us at least and we won the game making our records tied, what does it come down to again to break the tie breaker????????? head to head then division??????????? or conference?

I believe the first tie breaker is head to head, then division, then conference.
If we win out we win the AFC East no matter what the rest of the teams in the east do because we would be 5-1 in the division.

I believe the first tie breaker is head to head, then division, then conference.
If we win out we win the AFC East no matter what the rest of the teams in the east do because we would be 5-1 in the division.

Tall order and yet not conceivable but everyone else seems to be passing around the rose colored glasses. Why not try them on. :beer1:

We need the Jets to lose in the division. Let NE have this one.....we got them at home, I believe we can shuttem down again especially since AT is out.

Back
Top Bottom