Thursday's Practice Report w/Pics | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thursday's Practice Report w/Pics

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Pictures - Click here

Practice started with about 30 min of position drills and then went right to 11 v 11, so I should have known something was up. I got excited thinking the rest of the practice would be a full on scrimmage (mini camp version anyways), but they called it after about 20 snaps to play softball.

For those 20 snaps though, they went at it hard. Very intense, bodies flying everywhere. When they finally do put the pads on I think we are going to have a more competitive and spirited training camp then we’ve had in a long time.

Jay looked pretty good in the WR v DB drills, but couldn't get anything done vs. the full 1st team D. I don't think it was anything he was doing wrong, it's just that the D was stifling. The pass rush was in his face almost every time (probably biggest result from no pads, but still…), the coverage by the DB’s was outstanding and every running play was covered (except 1 nice draw to Konrad). I don’t think anyone would have had success against or D the way we looked today! Jay’s best completion was another well thrown deep out to Thompson but immediately made you forget about it on the next play when a wobbly duck sailed 5 yards over an open McKnight’s head that had TD written all over it.

Sage had better success vs. the 2nd stringers. Throws were tight and well placed. He looked in control of the Offence and made good decisions. One of his incompletion wasn’t his fault when a well thrown out pattern hit Tolver in the back. He turned around flat footed and confused and immediately got a 1 on 1 with one of the coaches. He almost made up for it with a juggling circus catch on the far sideline, but without replay I believe it hit the ground… Sage later hit Tovler solidly in the chest on a drag rout for a 10-12 yard gain.

Play of the Day: Perfectly placed rainbow bomb from Sage to #15 Ronald Bellamy. Maybe 40 yards in the air and a sure TD as Bellamy got behind the D. His only play today, but he looked real fast and the throw was perfect. Now if we can get that from Fiedler to Chambers, we’re set! :lol:

Jim Bates: I love this guy. He reminds me of some people I used to party with in college. Crazy! He is constantly yelling to his D players both good and bad after every play. The funny part is that he get's even louder for the good. He really get's into it. I actually saw him push his way past RW to high-five Wally after a play. He is the way I wish Dave was on game day. Full of fire! :fire:

Comments from softball:
1) Seth McKinney hit a wicked shot HR
2) Buckley has a great arm
3) Chester does not
4) Zack looked so happy to pop it up and not strike out
5) Seau got booed for trying to bunt his way on (almost made it)
6) The winners did the FSU war chant (made this Gator’s skin crawl) – I blame Buckley!
7) Be happy they play football!

Sorry the pictures suck. I think I got a lot of better shots last time... But in them you can notice the difference in how they re-striped the practice field. Notice on 4/5 there were two fields and they did most of the O v D on the one closest to the stands. Now look at 6/5 and there is only one field not and it's like 20-25 yards farther away... Doesn’t make for good pics… :shakeno:

WARNING: I just got my Concealed Weapon Permit in the mail today, so be careful with the criticism. :m83: :nana:

Pictures - Click here

Thanks for the report. I would love to see them play softball. That must have been hilarious.

yea the softball was quite entertaining....the best pic of the day that i took ( http://community.webshots.com/user/xmattxucfx - left side) was that kid with getting his yamulkah signed....lol

Yea Larry Chester needs some work, and for ricky being a former MLB draftee, he stunk it up in softball... I noticed that Jason Taylor and Mark Royals were not there, Fiedler threw some floaters, while Sage had a rocket for an arm....he is gonna be awesome someday, maybe even a starter (hope its for us or never against us) One drill was with KR Charlie Rogers and others doing Kickoff returns, including reverses and Dyson-Wycheckesqe trick plays.....(enjoyed watching the bills lose that game)

I went to get a drink, and the one time i get a drink....friggin Tolver makes a great grab, my friend told me this when I got back....

Jamie Nails was signing autographs after the scrimmage, I asked him what was the toughest D-linemen hes ever faced, he said "nobody" :)

Speaking of Autographs, I got Wally Ogunleye, Randy McMichael (asked him waht college he went to...I had a brain fart, when he said GA, i said they are gonna kick some gator @$$ (As a UCF student and miami fan for life, I cant stand UF....) I also got an autograph from Sam Madison too...

I was shocked at one of the DB drills by the way, pro bowlers and starter after starter dropped the balls, Surtain, Marion, Knight, Fletcher (expected), and others could not catch the ball, the coach would make them catch again, they were like 6 yard throws that were hard, but still easily catchable.

I'm Out

Matt

Sage..okay brian,,thanks for the report..Jay will and mush get this bomb down. our receivers definetly get open on it alot.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
yea the softball was quite entertaining....the best pic of the day that i took ( http://community.webshots.com/user/xmattxucfx - left side) was that kid with getting his yamulkah signed....lol

Yea Larry Chester needs some work, and for ricky being a former MLB draftee, he stunk it up in softball... I noticed that Jason Taylor and Mark Royals were not there, Fiedler threw some floaters, while Sage had a rocket for an arm....he is gonna be awesome someday, maybe even a starter (hope its for us or never against us) One drill was with KR Charlie Rogers and others doing Kickoff returns, including reverses and Dyson-Wycheckesqe trick plays.....(enjoyed watching the bills lose that game)

I went to get a drink, and the one time i get a drink....friggin Tolver makes a great grab, my friend told me this when I got back....

Jamie Nails was signing autographs after the scrimmage, I asked him what was the toughest D-linemen hes ever faced, he said "nobody" :)

Speaking of Autographs, I got Wally Ogunleye, Randy McMichael (asked him waht college he went to...I had a brain fart, when he said GA, i said they are gonna kick some gator @$$ (As a UCF student and miami fan for life, I cant stand UF....) I also got an autograph from Sam Madison too...

I was shocked at one of the DB drills by the way, pro bowlers and starter after starter dropped the balls, Surtain, Marion, Knight, Fletcher (expected), and others could not catch the ball, the coach would make them catch again, they were like 6 yard throws that were hard, but still easily catchable.

I'm Out

Matt

Here is the pic if you are too lazy to find it:
clear.gif

If you look at the guy on the left, he has his arm raised out. In his hand, you can see the yamacha.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Thanks for the report. I would love to see them play softball. That must have been hilarious.

It's corney, but it did it's job. I think Wanny's right and things like this really do help build a team. And mixing O & D on the same team was smart too.

They did the same thing last year. Look for a team movie or bowling soon... :eat:

But yes, it was hilarious. Everyone was laughing. Players, fans, even coaches... It looked fun.

Thanks for the great report.:)

It is good to hear how well Sage continues to play. I say give him a shot to compete for the #2 spot.

I think Sage is getting out of that akward skinny kid look (like Ken Dorsey has) and has put on some muscle.. Hes a tall guy and has a gun..

I'm all about giving Sage a chance.. I don't like the idea of bringing in Griese.. I'm a firm believer in Fiedler and think another ego in the locker room is going to hurt the team more than it will help.

Originally posted by zachseau13
Thanks for the great report.:)

It is good to hear how well Sage continues to play. I say give him a shot to compete for the #2 spot.

The Fins have made it clear they want an experienced vet as the #2. Sage does show promise, but he does his best vs. the 2nd string D. Put him against Sam & Pat on a regular basis and with our pass rush and I think we'll see he not quite ready yet.

Back
Top Bottom