Tight End | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tight End

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
We are resigning Fasano, but if Eifert is to rich for Ireland @ #12, how do you think we address TE because it is has been reported and talked about a lot here Fasano will return to his 08 role as an Hback while we add a Seam threat... Egnew doing MMA? lol

will be interesting IF we resign Fasano what happens in the draft.

we've been 'told' that Egnew made some progress by the end of the year ... he 'measurables' are undeniable - and can see why we got him. don't know what his deal is (maybe he has ADHD or anxiety or something) but if he can figure it out, he should end up being a solid contributor.

Eifert is separating himself from Ertz quite well .... enough so - that if we didn't go with Tyer in RD1 and he isn't there in early RD 2 ... i would go with Vance McDonald in late RD 3/4. He has the explosiveness that Ertz did not show (which was disappointing actually) and is now my 2d favorite TE in the draft (followed by the 3 smaller, but fast TEs).

McDonald has bad hands tho, like everything else lol

As long as the "character concerns" with Kelce check out, i like him in the 3rd. I need to see what he runs at his pro day though. He's still recovering from a sports hernia.

Eifert too high at 12 . . . I'll continue to say that. You have Fasano, Clay and Egnew . . . no need to invest a first rounder on a TE. You are reaching if you do. Now come 2a . . . where the value for TE is much more reasonable, then you see what your options are.

Eifert too high at 12 . . . I'll continue to say that. You have Fasano, Clay and Egnew . . . no need to invest a first rounder on a TE. You are reaching if you do. Now come 2a . . . where the value for TE is much more reasonable, then you see what your options are.
With all due respect kdawg, Fasano is free agent, Clay has done little in two years and Egnew is afraid of his own shadow. I'll be thrilled if Eifert is selected at #12.

With all due respect kdawg, Fasano is free agent, Clay has done little in two years and Egnew is afraid of his own shadow. I'll be thrilled if Eifert is selected at #12.

The OP stated "we are resigning" Fasano . . . and I used that to further my point. But lets say we don't resign Fasano . . . you still don't reach for a TE. I'm sure Miami has a few ideas up there sleeve for TE if for some strange reason they don't resign Fasano. Look at the Joe Philbin history from GB . . . they did not draft WRs and TEs in the first round, and that was a team that carried 4 and 5 TE's on the active roster and 5 WRs. The value is not there, and this is a draft where the value for those positions are best found from late first round to mid 3rd round. Sure we could use a highly rated college TE, but not at the 12 pick. This is a team that needs CB and a edge rusher badly . . . could use a high quality OLineman at tackle (if Long is gone) or Guard, definitely a WR and even at LB we could use somebody.

If they trade back into the 20's you can explore it, while picking up a day 2 pick . . . not at 12, and looking at Jeff Ireland's history, he isn't one that is going to do that anyways.

Eifert would make a bigger impact on this team than any of the top O-lineman.

Eifert would make a bigger impact on this team than any of the top O-lineman.

While this may be true, A. Could you get Eiffert in round 2? and B. Would a Lane Johnson, Eric Fisher or Jonathan Cooper in round 1 with a Ertz in round 2 be as effective as a Eiffert and whoever else at OL? Not even saying we should go OLine . . . you aren't building any winners reaching for TE at 12. This sounds like people wanting Fleener at 8 last year . . . and he went in round 2 as he should of . . . yet Dwayne Allen clealry was the best TE last season and he went in round 3.

Everybody has their opinions, so it is what it is . . . but I think we could get much more bang for our buck at 12 than the TE position.

completely ok with Eifert at 12. I dont think Jeff Ireland cares what people think either.

With Fleener, Graham and Gronk and Hernandez, TE is becoming a must have fad. The recent success of the these players has pushed the position into the first round most likely.

If you want the best, get them ahead of other teams. If Jeff really wants him, get him. I see Jeff trading down some places, and hope to get him near the back of the first round. Then of course, someone else gets him. Fins luck.

Back
Top Bottom