Tim Bo Re-structures | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Bo Re-structures

Miami wil probably wait and negotiate until the last possible minute on both guys.

I sure hope we get Timbo back.

CBS sportsline is reporting that the Fins have released Marion AND McDUFFIE in addition to restructuring TimBo. Bowens signed a three year deal, no terms were given.

Tim Bo is back

We kept Tim Bo but the Dolphins defense still needs to get physical. I am not sure if they need a new d-cordinator, a new d-line, a new lb core, or just one player that can get these guys playing like they still love football. If you rewatch the super bowl the reason the Patriots won is because hit the wrs of the Rams amazingly hard every time they touched the ball. They had a swagger that put fear in the Rams players you couls sence it building the whole game. I dream of time when the Dolphins-d has that swagger again. The last time i saw it was against indy in the playoffs.

without a doubt, they need a new DC!

did you see that ravens game! they couldn't throw long on us and they were killing us with the run and short patterns, yet bates didn't bring the safeties up until half way through the fourth quarter!:fire:

Here is the official announcement: http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=1878

Here is one w/$$$ http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20020228/ap-dolphinsmoves.html

The Miami Dolphins cut defensive tackle Tim Bowens on Thursday -- then re-signed him an hour later to a five-year, $15 million contract.

As negotiations progressed, the Dolphins had to release Bowens. But one hour later, Bowens signed a new contract with Miami rather than test the free agent market.
His deal includes a $3 million signing bonus and two option years. Under Bowens' old contract, which was to expire this year, he would have made $7 million in 2002 and counted $8.75 million against the salary cap.

looks like we got Tim for a BARGAIN!!

3 mill signing bonus is squat over 5 years. His total cap hit for this season is $1.25 mill.

check out it out.

Dolphins | Bowens Cut, Then Agrees to New Deal - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
16:06 PT: ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Miami Dolphins released DT Tim Bowens Thursday afternoon and then agreed to terms on a new deal with him just two hours later. Bowens will sign a five-year, $15.15 million deal on Friday, which includes a $3 million signing bonus. He'll have base salaries of $650,000 (2002) and $850,000 (2003). The team must then pay him a $1.8 million option at the end of the 2003 season and the base salaries for the final years are: $2.25 million (2004), $3.1 million (2005) and $3.5 million (2006).

Jay and Tim's contracts

Originally posted by dolfan87
looks like we got Tim for a BARGAIN!!
Wanne-Spiel have done a great job filling 2 key positions with quality players at reasonable salaries. We still have a RB, whomever that might turn out to be :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan87
I like the way things have been handled so far.
they been handled better than Jets and Ravens have handled their FA's for sure :cooldude:

Here’s the key,†said Drew Rosenhaus, Bowens’ agent, “Tim was tired of doing the one-year deal. He’s happy to get the signing bonus and get the security. When you see all the players who are getting cut, it’s very satisfying to know you’re going to be some place for at least a few years.â€Â

I think this will also be the key to driving down outrageous money to ALL free agents. Some older veteran Fa's might take less money to sign a longer contract knowing that if they sign for big money they will likely never see it all and will be looking for a job again in a couple of years. Who knows wht kind of contract will be offered to him a couple of years from now when he's 32 instead of 30. If they want to continue in this league they almost HAVE TO take a smaller deal than in the past especially since the Patriots showed everybody you don't need over-priced veterans to win a Super Bowl. All these fat cats getting cut are going to scare alot of players into going for job security instead of holding out for the big money that may never come.

Possibly but...

... does the following mean you could pay a guy a $3 mill salary in year 1 and only get charged the vet min against the cap? :eek:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20020301/ap-nflrdp.html

"One wrinkle to free agency was created when the NFL and the players' association agreed to count against the cap only 450,000, the veteran minimum, of the salary of a newly signed veteran. As long as almost all the money is in salary -- the signing bonus must be $25,000 or less -- teams will qualify for salary cap relief in that instance. "

Seems a good way to get a quality vet through the door (for a quick fix shot at the championship anyway). I still like Dorsey Levens rather than re-signing Lamar Smith (no disrespect to the guy). Assuming the organisation is making money, notwithstanding the salaries. I don't think many are though.
;)

Back
Top Bottom