Time limits might be shortened for draft picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time limits might be shortened for draft picks

This year was brutally long becasue the NFL milked it. Take for example when Greg Olsen was drafted by Chicago. The pick before him was just being named by the Comish and the Bears were shown giving Olsen his hat. So how come it took the NFL the full 15 minutes to announce the Olsen pick? Milky the advertisers is my only answer.

I heard about that right after the draft but the spin then was much heavier toward a friday night prime time 1st round. If you guys watched the draft Goddell said after the final first round pick that it was a record time for the first round and then he said this is not the kind of record we want to be setting.

Good. When are they going to put a cap on rookie salaries?

Theres no real reason they need to be 15 min. Teams have people that prepare for the draft all year so on that day they should have a big board of who they want and where they are ranked and when their pick comes they just take the highest on the board. I think 10 min should be the absolute limit but I wouldnt be opposed to 7-8 minute times.

Yea, I think 10 minutes per first round pick is plenty of time. I enjoy watching the draft, but at times it feels like you are almost at a stand still.

Bad move. If it received record ratings, then what is the problem. Id rather allow the time for wheeling and dealing then rush the process. What's the hurry anyways? It isn't like there is a lack of crap to talk about in between picks.

6 hours for the 1st round is ridiculous....4 hours would be ok.....too many teams just used up their entire 15 minutes for no reason other than to be in the spotlight.

6 hours for the 1st round is ridiculous....4 hours would be ok.....too many teams just used up their entire 15 minutes for no reason other than to be in the spotlight.

What makes you say that?

Their in the spotlight for real every Sunday. They do try to work a deal with every second they have. Cutting their time would just cause them to make their pick at a different time. They could cut the first round to 5 minutes and it wouldn't change anything. The teams that wanted to deal would just get it done sooner. They have months to talk to the other teams.

Back
Top Bottom