time to look at our drafts under parcells | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

time to look at our drafts under parcells

Long, V.Davis, S.Smith, and Misi are the only ones who have panned out. 4 in three years is pathetic

We did have to completely rebuild the defense. That does seem to be working out pretty well.

well i was going to list all the players but that got screwed up when i posted......but in reality what we see above is what we have ANYWAYS after their first 2 drafts (ill give them a pass so far on this year....its too early to pass judgement)

despite the fact we had an additional first rounder that everybody seems to continue to forget about AS WELL AS an additonal 2nd rounder that RANDY MUELLER obtained for us in the fantastic chris chambers trade AND the NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK IN THE DRAFT

we came away with Jake Long and Kendall Langford.....thats a complete joke folks for a team picking first in each round AND several additional picks in the draft!

in year two again with an additonal second rounder obtained by trading away our former DPOY Jason Taylor and several additonal 5 rounders we came away with Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Brian Hartline and Chris Clemons... i would say that Clemons and Hartline are very replaceable as they are average NFL players at best at this point. same could probably be said of Smith.

so thats not really saying much after two drafts that had MUCH MORE AMMUNITION going in than any normal draft....so neither of these drafts can be compared to an average year.....we simply had way more picks and were picking in very favorable postions. and essentially came away with nothing.

in addition they got rid of a guy that should have been the answer for us on the strongside at OLB in Matt Roth for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. and the guy most likely to make a big play and find his way to the end zone for this team despite all the hate among fans who were wrong about the guy (ted ginn) simply because he was picked ninth and we didnt draft brady quinn.....well that turned out to be the CORRECT CHOICE didnt it? in fact if you look at that draft there are only a few players that we should have taken in front of Ginn.....but we had so many holes we needed to create an identity...Ginn was to help in that new offensive philosophy by spreading the field vertically (which by the way would have been FAR MORE SUCCESSFUL then the current bull**** we watch). we got rid of him for nothing.

my contention would be that Randy Muellers ONLY draft in Miami was better than ANY of Parcells drafts have been....and that includes ****ing up with john beck.....but guess what...AT LEAST THEY TOOK A SHOT....at least we know they had him above brady quinn! ..... wel guess what....we didnt have Henne ABOVE matt ryan.....so it was a COMPLETE fail to take Long BEFORE you take your franchise QB.....in addition look at ALL the QBs in that Mueller draft NOBODY was any good.....nobody panned out.....so look at the rest of that draft. Mueller did a better job than these guys

We did have to completely rebuild the defense. That does seem to be working out pretty well.

i would agree....but i would also caution that this defense isnt as good as people think it is. we dont have any playmakers besides Wake on the ENTIRE defense. they dont create turnovers and since WE NEVER WORK WITH A CONSIDERABLE LEAD teams are never forced to open up against us....where the defense backs up and gives up some garbage yards etc.....there hasnt been a single game all year like that. so i would say 5th ranked defense is a little bit of an illusion....Mike Nolan has done an absolutely incredible job. what happens if he leaves? does this defense REALLY have that much talent? i dont believe it does. not one playmaker in the secondary (maybe rashad jones who is on the bench) no depth in the secondary at corner.....a hole at middle linebacker still with Crowder....just lacks a couple playmakers....but much improved certainly....did they do as good a job at rebuilding the defense that Jimmy Johnson did in TWO years tho???? NOPE....NOT EVEN CLOSE

Doom and Gloom, The drafts have been pretty solid..We will see how many will last,but the D is def much improved..The influx of young talent has helped.

The only draft pick that made you go WTF was Pat White..

Picking Turner and Hartline early, as most called it reaches was understandable cause we had no decent WR's

Hartline has been pretty good..Turner was a complete bust..You dont expect that from someone who was a 3rd rounder and most thought he was going to be picked in the 4th or 5 round..

All you have to do is look at the 1st pick they've ever made. Im now 100% confident that Long over Ryan was a huge mistake. If it wasn't for Penny being released by the POS Jets we'd probably go 5-11 in 2008 with Josh McClown starting at QB.

#1...Jake Long-a stud but not a franchise QB
#32..Phil Merling UNDERACHIEVER for draft position
#57..Chad Henne...not the answer
#66...Kendall Langford...very good value
#110...Shawn Murphy...excuse me while I vomit into my mouth
#195...Donald Thomas...We hardly knew you...adios
#204...Lex Hilliard...special teams and that's it
#245...Lionel Dotson...3 years...3 games this season...2 tackles...enough said

Langford and Long are the only two quality players in this draft

Coming off a 1-15 season with the #1 pick
we should have done much better with this draft

#25...Vontae Davis...future star but could have had Clay Matthews
#44... Pat White...blown pick is the best that can be said regarding this pick
#61...Sean Smith...another pick that could go either way
#87...Pat Turner...wow, were they wrong
#108...Brian Hartline...our #2 wide out would be a #4 with most teams(decent value)
#161...John Nalbone...An APB is needed to find out where he is playing today
#166...Chris Clemons...has looked good and bad at times,ythe jury is still out on Clemons
#181...Andrew Gardner...another offensive lineman who is gone
#214...JD Folsum...gone bye bye

Second draft by this regime with Davis as a future star
Hartline,Smith,and Clemons decent and the rest are turds

#28...Jared Odrick...may be good but another defensive player while ignoring the offense
#40...Koa Misi...may be good but another defensive player while ignoring the offense
#73...John Jerry...could become another Donald Thomas or....
#119...A.J. Edds...injured but any player who has the potential to get Crowder off the field A++++
#145...Nolan Carroll..who knows what he will turn into
#163...Reshad Jones...same as above
#212...Chris McCoy...bye bye
#252...Austin Spitler...1 tackle in the past 5 games

JUST LOOK AT HOW MANY PLAYMAKERS WE HAVE DRAFTED ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL

Long-Jerry-Hartline-Henne
or
Murphy-White-Turner-Nalbone-Gardner

"Fantastic group" of offensive playmakers drafted by this regime...

As someone who wants Sparano and Henne out I have to say that I really don't think the drafts have been that bad. Compare these drafts to what we had the previous 5 years before Parcells and Ireland. As someone mentioned, the defense has been totally rebuilt. There were a few misses, but if you look at other team's drafts I'm betting that they aren't much better in rounds 4+. We have landed a lot of good players late and as FAs (Wake, Carpenter, Bess, Hartline, Carroll, Jones, Clemons) that have really contributed to the team. Are they all superstars? No. But in past regimes we got nothing of value late.

here is my evaluation

1 1 MIA Jake Long T Great Player
2 32 MIA Phillip Merling DE Not good
2 57 MIA Chad Henne abortion of a player
3 66 MIA Kendall Langford DE good
4 110 MIA Shawn Murphy T not on team
6 176 MIA Jalen Parmele RB sucks
6 195 MIA Donald Thomas G not on team
6 204 MIA Lex Hilliard RB not very good
7 245 MIA Lionel Dotson DT practice squad, not very good

1 25 MIA Vontae Davis DB good
2 44 MIA Pat White QB not on team
2 61 MIA Sean Smith DB good
3 87 MIA Patrick Turner WR not on team
4 108 MIA Brian Hartline WR good
5 161 MIA John Nalbone TE not on team
5 165 MIA Chris Clemons DB too early to tell
6 181 MIA Andrew Gardner T not on team
7 214 MIA J.D. Folsom LB doesn't play

1 28 MIA Jared Odrick DE injured 1st year, 3rd 3-4 DE taken in first 66 picks in last 3 years. They already have Randy Starks.
2 40 MIA Koa Misi LB ok so far. didn't need to use pick if moron ireland didn't trade matt roth for no reason.
3 73 MIA John Jerry T injured/ can't beat out pat ****ing mcquistan
4 119 MIA A.J. Edds LB injured
5 145 MIA Nolan Carroll DB too early
5 163 MIA Reshad Jones DB good special teamer/ fill in
7 212 MIA Chris McCoy DE
7 252 MIA Austin Spitler

Back
Top Bottom