Time to move on from Matt Moore..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to move on from Matt Moore.....

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
We are not going anywhere with Matt Moore...he is a decent backup but I would rather keep the potential of Fales as our backup on the roster.

Fales is not eligible for the practice squad...and therefore will be released and quickly signed by likely a team in our division.

I really would like to see this go down.

Good article on Fales the college prospect....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...college-footballs-most-intriguing-quarterback

His individual numbers weren’t just impressive; they were sensational. Fales led the nation with a 72 percent completion percentage, ranked sixth in the country with 4,193 passing yards, ranked third with a 170 passer rating and finished with an outstanding 33-9 touchdown-interception ratio.

As strange as it may sound, I first took notice of Fales after seeing highlights of his second loss of the season, a 49-27 defeat at Utah State. When I checked the box score to see how Aggies QB Chuckie Keeton performed in the game, Fales’ numbers jumped out at me.

I thought to myself: forget about Keeton, who is this quarterback who just completed 38 passes for 467 yards?

College highlight reel.....

Last edited:
We are not going anywhere with Matt Moore...he is a decent backup but I would rather keep the potential of Fales as our backup on the roster.

Fales is not eligible for the practice squad...and therefore will be released and quickly signed by likely a team in our division.

I can't see Fales beating out the backup for the Bills, Jets or Patriots. Which team in the division are you really worried about them snatching up Fales if he's made available?

The thing with Matt Moore is that he seemingly sucks in practice and sucks in preseason....even playing against 2s and 3s. But last season he proved invaluable with the ability to turn it on when it counted the most. That is the only reservation I have when it comes to moving on.

Good article on Fales the college prospect....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...college-footballs-most-intriguing-quarterback

As much as I'd like to be supportive of this idea, only IF we traded him for a 3rd or 4th round pick - the reality is we can't screw with our QB depth this year. You do not want Fales coming in as your #2 behind Cutler, there's just no way.

I don't think Fales makes the 53.

Not happening. Gase has a good relationship w/ Moore and I believe if we are going to be competitive again this year he will value Moore in a pinch like last season. Fales types are a dime a dozen.

Moore is Cheap and he is a gamer! We currently do not have a QB we are grooming for the future, so Moore is our best bet at back up. He has proven he can come in and win a few games, even cold off of the bench. He definitely gives us a better chance at winning then Fales does, so unless we can get something for him which is HIGHLY doubtful, he is a good cheap back up!

Not happening. Gase has a good relationship w/ Moore and I believe if we are going to be competitive again this year he will value Moore in a pinch like last season. Fales types are a dime a dozen.

Don't agree...this kid was highly regarded as a college prospect and offers the potential to actually win big games in the future.

Matt Moore is not going to win a big playoff game...he's not even going to beat good teams...too limited.

What type is that?

If Cutler gets dinged up for a game or a few quarters I'd rather see Moore in to manage it. I do think this is the one year we need to keep 3 QBs.

If Cutler gets dinged up for a game or a few quarters I'd rather see Moore in to manage it. I do think this is the one year we need to keep 3 QBs.

I could live with that...I just like this Fales kid and when you take a close look at him....this kid could develop into a really good one.

Moore is Cheap and he is a gamer! We currently do not have a QB we are grooming for the future, so Moore is our best bet at back up. He has proven he can come in and win a few games, even cold off of the bench. He definitely gives us a better chance at winning then Fales does, so unless we can get something for him which is HIGHLY doubtful, he is a good cheap back up!
Well we better start grooming one cause that is ridiculous that the Dolphins have been so short sighted on the most important position on the field. You sure Fales is not being groomed for the future?

Well we better start grooming one cause that is ridiculous that the Dolphins have been so short sighted on the most important position on the field. You sure Fales is not being groomed for the future?

Gase worked with Fales in Chicago...don't be surprised by what might happen.

Fales is out of practice squad eligibility. Which means he's been in someone's system for at least 2 years and still hasn't been able to crack someone's 53 man roster. He has one decent game against 4th and 5th string players and you guys think he's the next great QB...c'mon.

The only thing the preseason proved as far as our QBs go is that Doughty doesn't belong in the NFL or on anyone's practice squad.

Back
Top Bottom