Time to Move on From Pouncey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to Move on From Pouncey

Billk78

Scout Team
Reaction score
Pouncey does nothing but hurt this team. When he's in he really isn't any good. Average at best. Been watching his play closely together and he's beat regularly. Plays lazy...dumb penalties. Just doesn't even seem to have a desire to be out there. Then there's the injuries every week.

Would like to see this whole line reworked. Pouncey is overpaid and overrated. Cut him in the offseason and move on please.

If he's not getting beat then he's holding. Damaged goods. The story of the Miami Dolphins franchise since Don Shula.

Love Pouncye one of my Favorite Dolphins ever, but he has gotten just to beat up before this team became good. I don't have a problem moving on from him. Can't see him being the answer in the next couple of years and am not far from benching him this year. Of course there are other lineman that may not be here next year so I can't single Pouncey out.

Keep him around. Just seriously needs a pay cut.

Keep him around. Just seriously needs a pay cut.
I'm not too sure about that, but we can't rebuild the whole line in a year so maybe bringing him back cheaper would be ok if we can't replace him and the other two guard positions. Not crazy about Jawaan at RT or Tunsil at LT either but at least they are not a pressing issue.

I'm not too sure about that, but we can't rebuild the whole line in a year so maybe bringing him back cheaper would be ok if we can't replace him and the other two guard positions. Not crazy about Jawaan at RT or Tunsil at LT either but at least they are not a pressing issue.
Give Jake Brendel the opportunity to play. See what you got in him as a player.
CjuZCn_1.jpg

I don't believe he's 100% healthy, no proof of this of course but he's just not the same player.

CjuZCn_1.jpg
CjuZCn_1.jpg
I'm ok with that. Give him a shot. I seen him get pushed around once or twice but he has shown some real promise at other times. Think Pouncey's body has quit on him.

Move over Pouncey- injuries kill our mojo every year.

Should have moved on before game one. Trade him while we still can get a mid round. How can you start someone who doesn't practice at all in training camp and practice may be once a week during the season.

James is going to be our highest paid offensive lineman next season@$9.3 million
that will be a pressing issue

Pouncey is so injury prone he can’t even practice every day. That has an effect.

Pouncey is good but he's not worth his contract. It would be nice if we could trade him for someone or for a pick. Brendel has been good as his replacement. You don't really notice that he's out unless it's one of those huge 20 yard runs where Pouncey would normally be down the field blocking.

Back
Top Bottom