Time to pull the trigger BILL!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by malzacher, Apr 12, 2010.

1. malzacher

malzacher Scout Team

Go Get BRANDON MARSHALL NOW!!!! a 2nd and a 6th. Then Draft Dez number 1(haha pipe dream)

2. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

i agree about Marshall but Dez will be gone by the 12th pick to denver no matter what because Marshall WILL be traded to somebody even if its for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick so if we dont move up ahead of denver or either grab Marshall we are screwed :boohoo:

3. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

The only way this happens is if Parcells pulls the trigger and QUITS!

4. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

that would be a real good WR core in marshal and Bryant but it wouldnt happen because the Broncos would draft him before us

5. Romy148

Romy148 Well-Known Member

Why are u guys throwing all this fuzz???? Clearly our front office believes that out future is Camarillo, Hartline and Bess and some occasional Ted Ginn Jr. We dont need Marshall or Bryant they are soft divas it goes against Parcells well judgement.

6. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

No thanks....I don't want the thug here.....its bad enough hearing about him 24/7 on the Denver stations here.

7. RUDEbyallMEANS

RUDEbyallMEANS Perennial All-Pro

Only way a trigger is pulled is if Stephen Ross forces Parcells to do so...

You can guess what would happen afterwards.

8. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

It certainly looks like we are losing the arms race to the Jets at the moment. I would love Marshall if we can get him for a 2nd/6th. He's a top 5 WR in football and he's very young. Off the field stuff can be taken care of, you make the trade.

9. Morey161

Morey161 Well-Known Member

I think if we traded a 2nd and a 6th for Marshall that it would not be to smart to then draft Bryant with all the other holes this team has. It would be smarter to try and trade down and get a 2nd to replace the one traded to help fill the holes at FS,OLB, NT, TE

10. Dolphin Dave

Dolphin Dave Scout Team

How do you know that they would just take a 2nd and 6th for Marshall?

11. malzacher

malzacher Scout Team

I don't. I have not spoken to Denver. I was just saying, that would be a good trade. You could offer them Ginn and a 4th or something..They might like that, Royal, Bryant and Ginn, decent wr core. I was just throwing that out there. Im sure there are a bunch of different trade packages we could throw at them.

12. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

because the jets are preparing to host their own vh1's divas you are losing patience in a guy who has built up winning teams every stop he has been?

13. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

I shouldn't have logged on today.

14. NYC#1finsfan

NYC#1finsfan #1DandyDanFan

Sorry but that is not "super bowl caliber" wide receivers. In order to get over the hump, we need at least one game changer at wide receiver.:up:

15. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Starter

Wait... you want us to give up our 2nd and one of our 6th round picks for Brandon Marshall and then draft Dez Bryant with our first round pick. That makes sense. We're gonna need to score on every possesion when we have a defense (especially a run defense) that people can score at will on. Can you say the 80 Chargers!!!!!!!!!! Of course that's just my thinking.

16. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Starter

I agree. Either that or don't read the posts. The sky is falling!!!!!!

17. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Exactly how is this "clearly" the case? When Ireland was talking about needing to get players that can provide "chunk yardage" this off-season did you think he was talking about needing to add new guards or a center to the team?

Soft... :lol: says a person thinking it is wise to keep Ginn on our team.

18. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

i knew it was only a matter of time until the Marshall threads started up again, it was nice not seeing 15 different Brandon Marshall threads having to be merged daily for a few days the past week or so

19. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

:chuckle:

We will be praying Ginn develops for the rest of our lives. If Dolphins WR karma is any indication, I think we were all very, very bad people in a past life.

20. BGtoKNfor6

BGtoKNfor6 Where is the reset button?

Trade down to the 18-24 spot and pick up a 2nd round pick. Fulfill a need with that later first round pick and then send our new 2nd rounder to Denver for Brandon Marshall. Win-win situation.

21. dantheman07

dantheman07 Scout Team

People relaxxxxx. We are all excited for the draft! We are only 10 days away... Lets stay pacient. Parcells has been in this league for many years, he knows what he is doing. I trust the 12 overall pick on him and the 43 pick (correct the # if needed) which will be an exiting pick also.

22. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Putting Marshall near SoBe is like making R Kelly a Brownie Troop leader. Thanx but no thanx.

23. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

We'll see in the draft. They need to do something. No more wasted picks is all that I ask for.

24. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

Im starting to think people have Jet's envy, and want us to rush after every FA out there. I could care less if we do or don't get Marshall.. i have a feeling he's not going to have a good year.

Anyone care to think that having Nolan on the team may have something to do why we're not jumping all over Marshall. After all.. no one knows better than Nolan.

25. Lilseb93

Well of course they do. They went to the AFC Championship game, have the #1 D, #1 rushing game, and they continue to upgrade in FA.

The Dolphins are 7-9 with holes everywhere on defense and everyone wants a #1 WR over getting a good defense. While the Jets are clearly better than us, we still beat them 3 times in a row.

26. Canadianfishfan

You obviously missed my Nolan comment. There HAS to be a reason we're not all over the guy. Nor is the rest of the league.

Remember.. sure the Jets had a great season last year.. but when was the last time they won the division?

27. Lilseb93

Well probably. Nolan will want full control of the defense. He'll want to go defense in the first round. The defense cost us games; the offense almost won us quite a few of them.

Holmes and Marshall are too much of head cases. I wouldn't go after Marshall either. As for Holmes, I still believe a 5th round pick is a steal for him.

28. Canadianfishfan

My point was that Nolan has inside knowledge on Marshall, his work ethic, and his ability to affect the lockerroom.

He's probably put in his 2 cents and the Trifecta is listening.

29. Lilseb93

I know what you were saying. Although the FO didn't want Marshall before Nolan got here.

30. Canadianfishfan

I think the media is going to link us with any receiver available. Since it's such a glaring need.

31. Miamifin23

Miamifin23 Seasoned Veteran

Screw trading a 2nd, the guy is easily worth a 1st.

32. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

yea we dont need a top receiver, i mean who cares if Marshall and Bryant are way better than anything we have

33. BGtoKNfor6

BGtoKNfor6 Where is the reset button?

Not when you have more pressing issues at FS, OLB and NT. We need a starting caliber guy at all three of those positions. Miami proved they could move the ball with the tandem of ricky and ronnie and the wildcat offense along with dink and dunk passes to bess and the occasional bomb to ginn. Nothing says it cannot happen again. NE lived on that kind of offense for years.

Shore up the defense first and get the offense later IMO. However, I still think we can do what I described before and still get a Earl Thomas or Taylor Mays in the 18-24 range and marshal for that 2nd pick.

34. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

This team is in a plan to be a contender once again...year in, and year out. You cant buy that, you dont trade questionable players to achieve that. Moves like these will NEVER bring you "Team Chemistry", and a respectful, well balanced team for many years to come. No, not these Miami Dolphins!

35. AlphaPHIN

AlphaPHIN Well-Known Member

And "Team Chemistry" brings you nothing. The Dolphins have had "Team Chemistry" and a "Good Lockeroom" since the late 90's and what has it gotten us? Where is all the winning?

You cannot measure "Chemistry" and if you were honest with yourself you would admit you have no way in hell of knowing what its impact is on a team or season.

36. HurriPhin

HurriPhin A True Fan

Here's an article on someone who knows quite a bit about team chemistry and another article for some insight on the matter.

and here's a clip from the 2nd that reminds me of those that think like you:

If you were to ask any person on the street what the most important aspect of a winning team is, the answer you get will likely be something along the lines of “having the best individual players.” This answer, of course, is wrong...In football, if a team is made up of players that mesh together and work as one, then that team is far more likely to succeed than a team that is made up of high-priced stars that are brought in on a yearly basis.

37. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

So our defense can continue to lose us every game? :rolleyes2:

38. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Our points scoring average last season was fine - could be improved (esp with "chunk" yardage) but it was workable.

Our defence was beyond crap. If we go "balls out" for any player in the draft, it should be Berry. If we go balls out for any player in FA, it should be a safety. Forget the previous safety misses, we need a top player in the FS spot and we need an OLB yesterday.

If that can all be achieved and still pick up D. Thomas, Benn, Tate or Williams - then great.

39. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

Is that you Mr. Snyder?