time to quit blaming jeff ireland | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

time to quit blaming jeff ireland

Ireland isn't going anywhere I wish people would zip it already on this nonsense. He's had the reigns for one damn year. He had a nice draft, now he'll finish the job this off season. Smdh. Only way Ireland gets canned is if Philbin goes too. And he's not going anywhere either.

So now its only a single year.

It must suck to be Jeff Ireland. When he goes to update his resume' the years just keep disappearing....

So now its only a single year.

It must suck to be Jeff Ireland. When he goes to update his resume' the years just keep disappearing....
:lol: I was thinking the same thing.

Ireland is the last turd from the Parcels regime. Ross stayed the course with him because everyone including Peterson told him to. Apart from RT(who is still developing), this last draft did not provide any impact players this year. No one really emerged, just a few flashes of talent from Vernon, Miller, Thigpen.
Last year we finished 6-3 down the stretch and we had some optimism in this roster. Now the perception has changed to we have more holes and questions than ever.
I do not see an improvement in the win column nor in the talent department that would justify keeping Ireland.
IMHO, he is a carpet bagger GM. Good enough to get hired, but not good enough to build a winner.

Well guys there are 2 side to this issue and I am not defending the lack of play makers or Ireland. First if Philbin does not believe in Ireland or vise versa then IMO that determines his fate as much as anything else. Second and less important is if Ross and his football advisers whoever they are believe that Ireland moves are an improvement from his past decisions. IMO this years draft for whatever it was has been his best so far and in free agency resigning C. Wake and P Saloi were his best moves and the lowballing free agents he brought in this year did not work out. Regardless of our opinion it goes back to Philbin and Ross football advisers.

New coaching staff. Rookie QB. No more Parcells calling the shots.

You need to look at this as if Ireland's been here one year, not five. It all started over this season. And the guy's not going anywhere.

^^ This..

A lot of you are going to be seriously bummed when he's retained. Even if we get blown out by the Jags. Everyone also needs to believe more in Philbin, things have gone no where but up since he's been here. That includes Irelands drafts. I'm not his hugest fan either, but I believe Philbin is running a tight ship and he has more say than we think when it comes to personnel.

Ireland isn't going anywhere I wish people would zip it already on this nonsense. He's had the reigns for one damn year. He had a nice draft, now he'll finish the job this off season. Smdh. Only way Ireland gets canned is if Philbin goes too. And he's not going anywhere either.
nice draft lol it was pretty average the athletic tightend hasn't played all season lmao.. martin looks average right now and he addressed the Wr position in the 6th round? lol

nice draft lol it was pretty average the athletic tightend hasn't played all season lmao.. martin looks average right now and he addressed the Wr position in the 6th round? lol

Yea this line of reasoning drives me nuts...the bottom line to me is that the guy has been here 5 years and we keeping going backwards, this idea that while Parcells was here Ireland was just sitting around with his thumb up his butt is completely asinine...the guy had to be doing SOMETHING and he contributed to all the garbage we have on the team, we have ZERO playmakers on the outside and TWO difference makers on defense...if we get rid of him, we might be able to salvage these 5 early picks and the 40+ million of capspace...if not, we have another fruitless offseason to look forward to...

Yea this line of reasoning drives me nuts...the bottom line to me is that the guy has been here 5 years and we keeping going backwards, this idea that while Parcells was here Ireland was just sitting around with his thumb up his butt is completely asinine...the guy had to be doing SOMETHING and he contributed to all the garbage we have on the team, we have ZERO playmakers on the outside and TWO difference makers on defense...if we get rid of him, we might be able to salvage these 5 early picks and the 40+ million of capspace...if not, we have another fruitless offseason to look forward to...
i dont want him touching none of those picks.. it would be a waste -__-

^^ This..

A lot of you are going to be seriously bummed when he's retained. Even if we get blown out by the Jags. Everyone also needs to believe more in Philbin, things have gone no where but up since he's been here. That includes Irelands drafts. I'm not his hugest fan either, but I believe Philbin is running a tight ship and he has more say than we think when it comes to personnel.
We're 5-8 and will be lucky to end up 7-9, so I fail to see how we've gone nowhere but up. We finally attempted to address the most important position in football and Philbin looks promising, but I'd say it's far too early to say that. Hell, the fact that we could lose to the godawful jags speaks volumes.

Ireland will likely be retained, though I certainly won't be "bummed" about it. He should have been fired with Sparano, but it is what it is. He's at least showing some improvement in finally drafting a legitimate option at QB and making his first proactive move ever in drafting a potential Long replacement a year before it was a must need, giving him time to develop into a starting LT in the NFL. Two great moves (assuming that's why he drafted Martin. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though the rest of the draft is pretty mediocre, at best) that take a little bit of the pain out of not adding any playmakers that can actually put points on the board. That being said, I'll continue to judge him on his entire body of work, and it most certainly doesn't start with this year.

Seriously dude??? You can't say this draft was average or good, you can't judge it for another year. Anyone who knows the NFL knows that. How the hell can you say it was average. Most people say judge a draft after 3 years, but at least give this one two years before you slap a sticker on it.

Tannehill (franchise QB), Martin (insurance for Long), Vernon (Wake's backup), Egnew (likely part of rotation next season), Miller (insurance for Bush), Randall, and Matthews (likely a part of the rotation next season).

Reshad Jones and Pouncey potential Pro Bowlers and Wake's already one.

He adds the WRs and a few playmakers on Defense this off season and we're on our way. This short-sighted haterade is naive, plz.

Tannehill (franchise QB), Martin (insurance for Long), Vernon (Wake's backup), Egnew (likely part of rotation next season), Miller (insurance for Bush), Randall, and Matthews (likely a part of the rotation next season).

Reshad Jones and Pouncey potential Pro Bowlers and Wake's already one.

He adds the WRs and a few playmakers on Defense this off season and we're on our way. This short-sighted haterade is naive, plz.
Lol you draft a qb and you dont help the kid? he is clueless

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Seriously dude??? You can't say this draft was average or good, you can't judge it for another year. Anyone who knows the NFL knows that. How the hell can you say it was average. Most people say judge a draft after 3 years, but at least give this one two years before you slap a sticker on it.
oh yea i forgot this was his first draft lol

New coaching staff. Rookie QB. No more Parcells calling the shots.

You need to look at this as if Ireland's been here one year, not five. It all started over this season. And the guy's not going anywhere.

sorry, you can spin it anyway you you want. Fact is he has been here for 5 years. And we have little to show for it. Sadly he probably won't go anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom