Timmons suspended indefinitely | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Timmons suspended indefinitely

I really didn't expect this from a 10 year vet.

I mean, I was pissed at Ajayi last year, but I could understand it a bit him being so young and new to the league. And eventually he responded the right way. Timmons reacting like this to discipline (if that theory is correct) is a shocker.

There's that whole story with the airport though. I think there's more to it than that. Something along the lines of a mental breakdown, drug usage, both, etc. Who knows.

I'm sure the suspension will be lifted within a couple of weeks once we no longer are responsible for next years guarantee.

There's that whole story with the airport though. I think there's more to it than that. Something along the lines of a mental breakdown, drug usage, both, etc. Who knows.

If he just had a mental breakdown I don't think they would have suspended him. Now if it was drug related, ya I could see that. This story is just very strange. Were there any red flags on Timmons? I don't remember hearing about any. He was a solid 10 year vet who never missed games. He seemed fine and happy all offseason. What triggered this?

And what about the doctor visit, psych or md, must have flunked.

We still don't know what happened BUT I agree with Jeff Darlington when he tweeted:

"...If Timmons has legit excuse for Sunday absence, I can tell you the team is NOT accepting it as such".

If the team isn't buying his reasons; then I tend to believe his reasons are crap and the team stance is completely reasonable.

There was a rumor that gase wanted to trade him. I don't know if it's true.

But i do know that we are ****ed at nickel lb status quo. ****ed

They had to suspend him to send a message. Hope it's no more than 2 games

It's the right (and only) decision to make.

Move on.

Find a solution.

Tannenbaum handing out NBA contracts all willy nilly

Could've signed a younger more athletic LB in Zach Brown for 1/3 of what we're paying Timmons

Although passing on Brown is definitely looking like a mistake atm, no one could have predicted this. Timmons is still an excellent football player, but this ish is beyond football. Sometimes, players are responsible for their problems that no GM could have predicted, going AWOL certainly seems like one of those instances. F*** Lawrence Timmons.

I don't think it's a mental health thing. Suspending someone because they needed mental health would look really bad for the team.
More likely, he thought he was a Vet, so above the law and got disciplined for something and threw a temper tantrum.

Back
Top Bottom