Tired of excuses to cover up BILL.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by kingfin23, Apr 12, 2010.

1. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

He done nothing to help our team win our Division. How can you not give a 5th for Holmes. That is the dumbest thing I ever seen in my life. A 5th is nothing for a young WR up and coming star. I bet they didn't even no he was available.. This old school junk don't work no more. We are on the verge of a 5-11 team they put together. Bill need to face the facts it's a passing league now. Smash mouth football is a 5-11 record. I really want Bill and Jeff to step out. I like Tony and Mike, but it's time for Bill and Jeff to go. Don't offer PiTT a 5th for Holmes.. Lmao@them. I don't care if I get bashed. Bash me all you like. I wanna win football games. I don't care about last year we beat the Jets twice. Don't care. We will lose all our Division games but split with Buffalo. Now it's time for me to hear excuses Bill is doing a good job. He did nothing to get this team ready for our Division. Nothing

flynryan15 likes this.
  2. enduro

enduro unknown quantity

wtf!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1YUWceI6GA

3. xuinva

xuinva Rookie

I guess you're ignoring the division title we won in 08.

Look, I want a top-notch receiver as much as the next guy, but Santonio is personally bad news. He wouldn't mesh well with Sparano and the team culture that he's trying to maintain. Frankly, the Jets are taking on too many personalities and baggage. I can see all of this backfiring on them.

4. Bta72dolphins

Bta72dolphins A True Fan

I understand your frustration, but trust me this off season is not even close from over and I believe we will be firing our guns after the draft wait and see.

5. FrankieG

FrankieG Scout Team

Holmes is one incident away from a year out of the league.

6. clevelandm13

clevelandm13 Scout Team

You have lost your mind!!!

7. bpackers13

bpackers13 A True Fan

The best reason of all why we didnt give a 5th for this troublemaker....... WE DONT HAVE A 5TH ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

We won the Division in 08 due to Tom Brady being hurt and our schudule was easy.. Next

9. ZILLA

ZILLA Gangsta Leanin'

remember plaxico... the steelers arnt stupid

10. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

You said he did nothing to help us win a title. That's false. We won the AFC East, and that was when he pulled the trigger on Pennington, among others. We positioned ourselves to win the division, and we won it. I don't understand what you want. Right now, as it stands we've won the AFC East 50% of the time under the Trifecta's leadership. That's pretty good.

Furthermore this year we've signed one of best ILBs in the game, along with one of the best DCs in the game. We have yet to see what the draft brings. Just because he's not gone out and overpayed for mediocre talent this year doesn't mean they aren't looking.

11. DolphinFan87

DolphinFan87 Rookie Donator

Holmes isn't a #1 WO, next excuse. Holmes and Ginn almost had the same stats in 08. Yeah Holmes broke out in 09, guarantee he doesn't do anything this year.

12. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

I agree with your point and your frustration... I disagree with your grammar.

13. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

So an easier schedule and Tom Brady being hurt is the only reasons why we went from 1-15 to 11-5 in one year? Come on now, that is ridiculous to even say.

14. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

:crazy: The Jets are a smash mouth team that was one win from the super bowl. I understand the frustration you have but you don't make any sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010
  15. SSMITH24

SSMITH24 Well-Known Member

All this jet talk and they have been really active is more what is so annoying. Not what miami has not done. We will see what happens next year. Miami still has as good a shot as any team to win the AFC East...............

16. finner

finner Starter

first and foremost, it's not like the other teams and orgs ain't trying son...

Stonetonio Holmes may seem like a basement bargain for a 5th but we ain't seen what's hiding in his attic -- know what I mean?

17. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

yea I remember that guy caught the game winning Td in the superbowl

18. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Starter

So now your making excuses because we WON our division!!!!!!LOL!!

19. SammySmif

SammySmif Starter

Unlike you, Bill actually knows that WE DON'T HAVE A 5TH ROUND PICK THIS YEAR!!

20. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

:bobdole:

21. bpackers13

bpackers13 A True Fan

They also won there last 2 games because the teams they were playing were already playoff bound. If those teams did not lie down NY would have lost, and we wouldn't be having this conversation, thus having a few less Jets sucker-offers!

22. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

What has he done since he caught that touchdown? hmm

23. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

Ok, first of all Miami doesn't have a 5th round draft pick this year. Also Holmes is going to miss 4 games and is another infraction away from being gone for a year. But what seemingly only I have been thing in the midst of all this is maybe just maybe Holmes just isn't the type of WR these guys are looking for, I think they want a big WR who can attack the ball and break some tackles after the catch. Oh and one more thing to think about.... isn't it pretty conceivable that most teams just didn't think anyone would give up anything for him and that Holmes would just be released as that was the rumor going around?

24. Finsfalife

Finsfalife Quiet Observer

Not getting Holmes fine.....inquiring and doing research would be nice though......disrespecting a HOF player who had 9 sacks for us last year when we have no OLB depth when hes asking for 1.5 mil is something totally different....or being completely non engaged in addressing the Wr position in 3 years....here lies the problem....oh and we resigned a near 40 yr old suspended for 8 games bc Bill likes him (yes productive, but so is holmes)

25. AlphaPHIN

AlphaPHIN Well-Known Member

Oh didnt you know, in the world of Billy's Boys 8 is less than 4

26. Finsfalife

Finsfalife Quiet Observer

Nah dude...its not about the suspension age productivity or position of need.....its about how well their egos match. Long ago Ferg laid on his back and urinated on himself......it was then Parcells knew he was one of his guys.

27. AlphaPHIN

AlphaPHIN Well-Known Member

Think these guys would take the "character" of a prime Lawrence Taylor whom walked all over Bill yet brought him 2 super bowls?

28. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

he has a super bowl ring what do we got? parcells just doesn't get it. you gotta have good receivers in this league.

29. Strangeworld

Strangeworld Banned Hammered

You mean the guy that caught the winning TD pass against the PATS in the SB?

Face it, we should be EXTREMELY concerned with our FO at this time..

30. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Except the Bills. :chuckle:

31. Captain Lou

Captain Lou FinHeaven VIP

You should be worried about your thought process!!!

32. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

LOL!!!! Yah he didn't do anything in 08, just won MVP of the freaking Superbowl.

33. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 Suns and Fins superfan

By that logic, the Jets were handed a playoff spot last year because the Colts rested their starters and the Bengals didn't care. Reality check dude, it happened, get over it. There are no easy wins in the NFL, and injuries happen. You're just another one of those fans who wants so desperately to win, that they get all upset whenever another team makes a move. Nothing wrong with that, it's just annoying IMO.

34. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

I may not be to sure about that Irish fella.
    But in the Tuna I'm going to trust.:up:

35. footsteps falco

footsteps falco heart..

the jets are going to be sick. our team is only going to be better then last year, with this draft we will be a winning record team. the only things we need this draft is full of.

OLB's? check
    safeties? check
    #1WR's? not many but you pick um early
    NT? not many but an early pick will get you a good 2down guy to go with soliai and fergs return.

with the amount of picks we have we will get all of our needed positions, then with the 6 picks we have in rounds 6-7.. we get project guys, raw talent, people we can throw in and who knows who will turn out good...

i think were on a good route, personally i would have gone after rolle hard as **** and made sure i got him, and maybe brandon marshall as well, but honestly there are some really great safeties in this draft. im sure well get a good one, just gotta make sure we get the WR while we can, because only a few of them could really be true #1's... Dez bryant, demaryius thomas, Mike Williams, arrellious benn

36. a1csiriaS

a1csiriaS Well-Known Member

superbowl mvp doesnt mean what it use to now it means you had a acrobatic catch and made espns top ten plays.

37. a1csiriaS

a1csiriaS Well-Known Member

go root for the jets then they seem to be doing what you consider "something to help themselves win"

38. acmeanvil49

acmeanvil49 Seasoned Veteran

Yup .....I am glad that it was an AFC East team playing deep into the playoffs and at the same time I HATE that it wasn't Miami.

The fact that the Jets are adding talent to an already good team and Miami seems to be pinning all hopes on adding talent through the draft is worriesome.

I totally agree.
    I think we all agree Miami has positions to address and every team loves to add quality depth whenever they can, I want to see the Dolphins adding talent but I don't trust the draft to bring in 100% hits on every pick.

There are always players who don't pan out but I like free agency to add a proven vet.

Dansby is a great pickup, I wish we could have added a couple more positions of need.

Good Gravy......really?

So no other team in the NFL can do something right without calling someone out as a traitor?

I disagree with goin all in, 100% blind faith with everything the Miami front office does as being a "good fan"

I would like to see Miami add talent.

If they can do it all through the draft great but we all know every pick isn't going to be on the 52 man roster....it just doesn't work that way.

39. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

hence the reason he was available for a 5th. would much rather risk that then have Turner, Ginn or white.

40. twohype

twohype Seasoned Veteran

You have got to be kidding:eek:hno: right...........lets see since Bill took over only about 4-6 players are left from the DARK AGES......CAM :oops:. Bill has made the Phinz decent when they were pure crap :hi5:. So I quess you forgot all about that :ponder:........ oh maybe it's still April fools :tumbleweed: