Titus Young released

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by HarryBagpipe, Feb 5, 2013.

1. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator Donator

2. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Patriots will sign that guy right away. They always sign the headcases. Randy Moss, Aqib Talib, etc.

3. HarryBagpipe

i dont know. He still has to clear waivers. Either way, hes extremely mouthy, he doesnt have a problem trying to sabatoge his own team(intentionally lining up in the wrong spot), gets in fights and has an extremely poor attitude. i wouldnt want him

4. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

In all seriousness . . . what is the risk (contract numbers?) if we signed him off of waivers. Is it minimal enough to cut him if he ends up being too much of a problem?

He fits the exact description skill wise of the type of WR we need to be adding to this team w/o putting $10 million a year in his hands. Obviously don't want a troublemaker but I wouldn't mind gambling on one if it means cutting ties easily if he goes south.

5. Zounds

Zounds A True Fan Donator

In terms of character, I'd consider this guy worse than Chad Johnson, but not as bad as Marshall - so I'd say its unlikely that he fits the character makeup desired by Philbin. Philbin wouldnt even give Braylon Edwards a chance, so I dont see Titus Young getting one.

6. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

cheap and skilled? why not? it's not like we're picking up marshall who was expensive and skilled.

7. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

I guess but a troublemaker like him and Miami don't mix well. Most immature players can't stay out of trouble once they come to South Beach.

8. Kdawg954

But Titus is still on a rookie deal, so what are we talking . . . 500K a year? Chances in the NFL are getting slimmer and slimmer and a guy like Titus could really rebrand himself by shaping up for a coach like Joe Philbin. I dunno, he wants to be a star and he has that opportunity to be that guy down here . . . worse comes to worse we cut him loose (depending on the ramifications). Hey I don't know the whole story with him, only what I've read, and it certainly isn't good, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to take a look.

9. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

He has never sniffed a near 1000 yard season.

about 600 yards in year one and 300 yards in year two.

He has proven nothing and yet he cant shut up.

That sounds like a perfect Jests player,

10. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

I would pick him up but on a short leash. Let him go through OTAs and such to gauge his attitude. If he isn't a model citizen, cut him. If he walks the straight and narrow we get a lot for a little.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

11. Zounds

I didn't say it would be a bad aquisition, but knowing the kind of players Philbin wants, I just couldn't imagine Titus Young being one of them. I'm not sure Philbin would want a guy like that even if he were free. Its not the money, its the player.

12. HarryBagpipe

yeah..that was my bad. I could of sworn he had more yards and when i looked it up i accidently read career yards.......derp

13. Kdawg954

See I have no problem with this either. It beats sniffing around UDFA's for a diamond in the rough, because that definitely hasn't worked. If the risk is minimal, I'd definitely be taking a look.

14. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

Didnt he intionally mess up plays because he wasnt getting the ball? He is T.O without an 1/8 of the talent.

No biggie.

15. Zounds

Yes he did:

"Young's implosion included acts of violence and insubordination that you don't often see, even in a rough-and-tumble industry. His primary and known offenses -- sucker punching safety Louis Delmas last spring and reportedly lining up in the wrong position intentionally last December -- are not just examples of immaturity. They are signs of a troubled soul who isn't equipped at this point in his life to function in the NFL's high-pressure world."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/52918/titus-young-and-lions-such-a-waste

16. HarryBagpipe

i think there were reports that he would intentionally not only line up in the wrong place but also intentionally run the wrong routes so he would be nearer to where the ball was going to be thrown because he wanted to get more catches

17. Kdawg954

Wasn't really directing towards you, just using your quote as a reference point. I also agree with the type of player Joe Philbin wants.

The kid has been troubled since his high school days. I remember reading alot on him back in that draft because the Fins needs a speedy WR and he fit the bill about as good as any of them (we ended up with Clyde Gates). One thing stands out tho . . . he has hit low points in high school, college and the NFL . . . and he turned it around in high school and college, and maybe he turns it around here. I'm certainly not confident in that, but I just think if the risk is minimal I wouldn't mind giving him a shot to turn it around.

I do agree that as fans, we are probably barking up the wrong tree knowing who is calling the shots . . . but I wouldn't be upset with a "Dolphins sign Young" announcement either.

18. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

wow, he sounds like a Joe Philbin man…

… NOT

19. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Instead of focusing on Titus Young, we should maybe be focusing on another Lion's player....there is a report by Detriot Lions beat writer Dave Birkett that says the Lions will release RG Stephen Peterman today. He started every game the last 3 years, ranked 14th by ProFootballFocus in 2012.

20. MR NFLFAN

MR NFLFAN A True Fan

It kind of makes me wonder how Ricky Williams and Brandon Marshall got away from us.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  21. dahlmarino

dahlmarino Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

Someone will claim him off waivers based on talent and cost alone. But I don't think he realizes yet that his attitude is the problem. If this were Madden I'd be all over it, but in real life I just don't see his personality fitting in our locker room until he's a little more humbled. Plus there are rookies coming out who bring just as much if not more to the table.

22. dahlmarino

dahlmarino Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

Rams | Claim Titus Young
    Tue, 05 Feb 2013 13:41:38 -0800
    The St. Louis Rams claimed WR Titus Young (Lions) Tuesday, Feb. 5.
    FANTASY TIP: Young undoubtedly has talent, but maturity issues seemed to get in the way of him reaching his full potential while a member of the Detroit Lions. Some reports suggest all Young needs is to become more involved in the offensive game plan and he'll shape up.
    The Rams have to make a decision on re-signing one or both of Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson, as they are unrestricted free agents once the new league year begins. It seems logical that Amendola returns to the team, and Young is given a chance to start out wide, opposite Chris Givens. It is too early to give a definitive fantasy value for Young, but he has the potential to build chemistry with Sam Bradford and emerge as a strong No. 3 fantasy receiver, if not a WR2 some weeks. 0 Comments | Source: CBSSports.com - Jason La Canfora | Share: [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2K4gyeVuN

Already a moot point.