Titus Young released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Titus Young released

Patriots will sign that guy right away. They always sign the headcases. Randy Moss, Aqib Talib, etc.

Patriots will sign that guy right away. They always sign the headcases. Randy Moss, Aqib Talib, etc.

i dont know. He still has to clear waivers. Either way, hes extremely mouthy, he doesnt have a problem trying to sabatoge his own team(intentionally lining up in the wrong spot), gets in fights and has an extremely poor attitude. i wouldnt want him

In all seriousness . . . what is the risk (contract numbers?) if we signed him off of waivers. Is it minimal enough to cut him if he ends up being too much of a problem?

He fits the exact description skill wise of the type of WR we need to be adding to this team w/o putting $10 million a year in his hands. Obviously don't want a troublemaker but I wouldn't mind gambling on one if it means cutting ties easily if he goes south.

In terms of character, I'd consider this guy worse than Chad Johnson, but not as bad as Marshall - so I'd say its unlikely that he fits the character makeup desired by Philbin. Philbin wouldnt even give Braylon Edwards a chance, so I dont see Titus Young getting one.

cheap and skilled? why not? it's not like we're picking up marshall who was expensive and skilled.

In all seriousness . . . what is the risk (contract numbers?) if we signed him off of waivers. Is it minimal enough to cut him if he ends up being too much of a problem?

He fits the exact description skill wise of the type of WR we need to be adding to this team w/o putting $10 million a year in his hands. Obviously don't want a troublemaker but I wouldn't mind gambling on one if it means cutting ties easily if he goes south.
I guess but a troublemaker like him and Miami don't mix well. Most immature players can't stay out of trouble once they come to South Beach.

In terms of character, I'd consider this guy worse than Chad Johnson, but not as bad as Marshall - so I'd say its unlikely that he fits tha character makeup desired by Philbin. Philbin wouldnt even give Braylon Edwards a chance, so I dont see Titus Young getting one.

But Titus is still on a rookie deal, so what are we talking . . . 500K a year? Chances in the NFL are getting slimmer and slimmer and a guy like Titus could really rebrand himself by shaping up for a coach like Joe Philbin. I dunno, he wants to be a star and he has that opportunity to be that guy down here . . . worse comes to worse we cut him loose (depending on the ramifications). Hey I don't know the whole story with him, only what I've read, and it certainly isn't good, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to take a look.

Im sure this was probably posted before but how much of a problem case do you have to be cut when coming off a near 1000 yard season and on a rookie contract. Him saying he was better than calvin johnson is not a way to endear yourself to your teammates

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...500--nfl.html?.tsrc=sun?date=9000490009000900

He has never sniffed a near 1000 yard season.

about 600 yards in year one and 300 yards in year two.

He has proven nothing and yet he cant shut up.

That sounds like a perfect Jests player,

cheap and skilled? why not? it's not like we're picking up marshall who was expensive and skilled.

I would pick him up but on a short leash. Let him go through OTAs and such to gauge his attitude. If he isn't a model citizen, cut him. If he walks the straight and narrow we get a lot for a little.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

But Titus is still on a rookie deal, so what are we talking . . . 500K a year? Chances in the NFL are getting slimmer and slimmer and a guy like Titus could really rebrand himself by shaping up for a coach like Joe Philbin. I dunno, he wants to be a star and he has that opportunity to be that guy down here . . . worse comes to worse we cut him loose (depending on the ramifications). Hey I don't know the whole story with him, only what I've read, and it certainly isn't good, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to take a look.

I didn't say it would be a bad aquisition, but knowing the kind of players Philbin wants, I just couldn't imagine Titus Young being one of them. I'm not sure Philbin would want a guy like that even if he were free. Its not the money, its the player.

He has never sniffed a near 1000 yard season.

about 600 yards in year one and 300 yards in year two.

He has proven nothing and yet he cant shut up.

That sounds like a perfect Jests player,

yeah..that was my bad. I could of sworn he had more yards and when i looked it up i accidently read career yards.......derp

I would pick him up but on a short leash. Let him go through OTAs and such to gauge his attitude. If he isn't a model citizen, cut him. If he walks the straight and narrow we get a lot for a little.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

See I have no problem with this either. It beats sniffing around UDFA's for a diamond in the rough, because that definitely hasn't worked. If the risk is minimal, I'd definitely be taking a look.

Didnt he intionally mess up plays because he wasnt getting the ball? He is T.O without an 1/8 of the talent.

yeah..that was my bad. I could of sworn he had more yards and when i looked it up i accidently read career yards.......derp

No biggie.

Didnt he intionally mess up plays because he wasnt getting the ball? He is T.O without an 1/8 of the talent.

Yes he did:

"Young's implosion included acts of violence and insubordination that you don't often see, even in a rough-and-tumble industry. His primary and known offenses -- sucker punching safety Louis Delmas last spring and reportedly lining up in the wrong position intentionally last December -- are not just examples of immaturity. They are signs of a troubled soul who isn't equipped at this point in his life to function in the NFL's high-pressure world."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/52918/titus-young-and-lions-such-a-waste

Back
Top Bottom