TJ McDonald | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TJ McDonald

Dilly Dilly!
tenor.gif

Im excited to add talent, but he's not a FS and Allen will still start at FS

That would be pretty doubtful, against the Panthers and maybe even Tampa considering he will have to catch up and get back in game shape, but once he's ready, there is no way Allen plays over him.

That would be pretty doubtful, against the Panthers and maybe even Tampa considering he will have to catch up and get back in game shape, but once he's ready, there is no way Allen plays over him.
I agree that Allen gets benched but I also agree with our brother that mentioned special packages where we have all three safeties on the field.

I could also understand the idea of putting Allen as our center-fielder should the situation call for it. Idk which player you take off the field but I would guess TJ

I agree that Allen gets benched but I also agree with our brother that mentioned special packages where we have all three safeties on the field.

I could also understand the idea of putting Allen as our center-fielder should the situation call for it. Idk which player you take off the field but I would guess TJ

True, I agree.

I just don't see keeping McDonald on the sidelines for the sake of keeping Allen on the field just because he is a more prototypical FS.

I'm quite sure He is ready to play and the new contract was an indicator of that....he will come back in shape.

TJ McDonald will have the 19th highest average salary for a Safety (both Free and Strong) in the league. Would be kinda silly for him to be the backup safety.

PS Reshad is tied for #3 with Kam Chancellor. Eric Berry is #1.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/safety/

Of the top 20, 11 are Free Safeties and 9 are Strong Safeties. Bizarrely, only the Dolphins are paying two "strong safeties" top 20 money. Any other team, like Seattle have one strong safety and one free safety. But who says you have to follow the rules? Not Mike Tannenbaum!
you certainly don't have to! There was a time when every team used a fullback. No more. League changes. Maybe we're actually on the cutting edge for once instead of being a decade behind. Hopefully.

I don't care if he plays QB, for what we paid him, he needs to be on the field. Seriously though, he's better than Allen and needs to start.

PFF ranks Nate Allen 76th in the league, just a few spots from the bottom rung.

TJ will make a huge impact, as long as doesn't go out and pull a hammy the first game he plays in. There just isn't anything like live action to get a player ready to hit the field on gameday.

McDonald is a starter the moment he's eligible. I give you exhibit A - Rambo from last year. SOB cost me a remote control. Important to have ball hawks and hitters back there, regardless of their specialty. And right now, Allen is by far the weak link on the D side of the ball - not even close.

According to PFF grades, that prize would actually go to Xavien Howard, who is well on his way to bustville with his grade of 37.4. He is ranked 104th in the league, that is just a couple rungs from the bottom of the ladder.

According to PFF grades, that prize would actually go to Xavien Howard, who is well on his way to bustville with his grade of 37.4. He is ranked 104th in the league, that is just a couple rungs from the bottom of the ladder.

I saw that too, but just by watching the games, I have zero concern with Howard. Yes, I'd like him to get better, and he surely will, but he's a solid starting CB that most teams would really like to have. Allen.. not so much.

Reshad Jones is not bringing that surgically repaired shoulder on anything horizontal across the los at the 2nd level. He’s trying to tackle with one arm on those.

I’m starting to get a little nervous and that shoulder harness isn’t helping.

Weird thing is though he doesn’t seem to be favoring it on anything downhill. Yet

Back
Top Bottom