To everyone who wants to Blame Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To everyone who wants to Blame Tannehill

FFS stop making excuses for him. He's not a rookie anymore, he should be generating more points for his team the 0 in the 2nd half. The guy doesn't have iIT. Will he find IT, who the clock is ticking, he needs to step up.

Tannehill is just an average QB. He's YPA in the 2nd half was garbage. There are better options in the 2014 draft. I believe if we roll with Tannehill in 2014, we'll be making the same mistake that we made with Henne in 2011 (Yes, I agree Tannehill is better than Henne, but that doesn't mean much since 90% of the league is better than Henne). Don't hold out for something that just isn't there.

Enlighten us oh Draft guru? Who are the better options in the draft???

Your homeboy dropped the game winner on the previous play. lmfao

To be fair to Wallace, that was a crappy throw. He had to change directions and come back across the defender. Had Tannehill led him out to the left, Wallace has steps on the defender and has a much better chance of making that catch.

We were all so Happy to let Bush go. We miss that Dude.

I was pretty sad to see Bush go at first, but then I bought into the hype of Lamar Miller and him getting 1500 yards. Hes just too soft. Can't break any tackles. The running game has been poor all year but the team losses always go 100% on Tannehill which I never get.

How about 2 under throws to a wide open Wallace. Then an over throw to a wide open Wallace. He has not improved in his deep game.

The bottom-line is the whole team underperforms because of the coaching staff. So if you lay it out on THILL, or any other player, understand their respective performances are being brought down by this coaching staff. Everyone seems to either come here and suck or leave here and get better. What does that tell you about our last 2+ coaching staffs?

That they can't design game plans around the talent they have.

Marino would have trouble with this oline the trolls just need to stfu the play calling and oline is what is holding tanne back

thigpen not taking the touchback was just inconceivable
also the play calling was at times just atrocious
on the bright side we beat the jets next week easily
even after today the playoffs are attainable
also poor clock management
also the 4th n 10 play was the game but we failed and we cannot stop the run to save our lives
story of 2 halves also that 15 yard flag when cam newton slips and blatantly laughs about it makes the game pretty soft
the refs r flag happy and bipolar at the same time
they throw a clear flag on the play to mattews only to pick it up and say its a clean hit
the NFL referees are a joke to say the least and its these flags that shift the game and gives momentum swings

Here are my thoughts on Ryan Tannehill today:

1. Pocket presence and movement has improved the last few weeks. He escaped numerous sacks today and extended plays.
2. Deep ball timing still isn't there, but is improving. I believe he was 2/4 on those. One overthrow and one catchable ball on that next to last play.
3. Made two awful throws on the run. One was intercepted and one he thought Wallace was going to come back, and Wallace went vertical. I think Mike was right on that one.
4. Going through his progressions better and checking the ball down when it's not there.

He certainly wasn't perfect today and we need to see continued growth, but how on earth are you really down on him after today's game? He was 2/4 110 yards and a TD on deep bomb attempts to Mike Wallace. Three of the passes were catchable. That is not bad. I'm sorry, it's just not. Cam Newton was like 0/4 on those passes today and incidentally, those misses weren't all his fault. Ted Ginn totally botched at least one.

I don't understand how anyone who watched this game today doesn't come away feeling better about Ryan Tannehill than they did before the game. I don't understand it. He had by far his best game yet moving in the pocket and extending plays, and improved his accuracy on those deep throws they've been struggling with.

No, he's not a great quarterback. But do you expect him to just suddenly become great overnight? He is clearly not there yet. It's not going to happen in one week. Yet he makes big strides today and people are even more upset with him? Unreal.

Also, anyone who thinks that last pass play in which he hit Mike Wallace with a catchable football 65 yards downfield while being totally blasted and unable to step into the throw was a bad pass, is a ****ing moron. Period. If you're going to come into this thread and claim that was a bad pass, just come on out right now and say it so you can get an 'official Finheaven moron' badge.

The run game is pathetic along with the play calling.
RT should run more when pressured to avoid so many sacks.

Back
Top Bottom