To everyone who wants to Blame Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To everyone who wants to Blame Tannehill

yall so mad lol

Here are my thoughts on Ryan Tannehill today:

1. Pocket presence and movement has improved the last few weeks. He escaped numerous sacks today and extended plays.
2. Deep ball timing still isn't there, but is improving. I believe he was 2/4 on those. One overthrow and one catchable ball on that next to last play.
3. Made two awful throws on the run. One was intercepted and one he thought Wallace was going to come back, and Wallace went vertical. I think Mike was right on that one.
4. Going through his progressions better and checking the ball down when it's not there.

He certainly wasn't perfect today and we need to see continued growth, but how on earth are you really down on him after today's game? He was 2/4 110 yards and a TD on deep bomb attempts to Mike Wallace. Three of the passes were catchable. That is not bad. I'm sorry, it's just not. Cam Newton was like 0/4 on those passes today and incidentally, those misses weren't all his fault. Ted Ginn totally botched at least one.

I don't understand how anyone who watched this game today doesn't come away feeling better about Ryan Tannehill than they did before the game. I don't understand it. He had by far his best game yet moving in the pocket and extending plays, and improved his accuracy on those deep throws they've been struggling with.

No, he's not a great quarterback. But do you expect him to just suddenly become great overnight? He is clearly not there yet. It's not going to happen in one week. Yet he makes big strides today and people are even more upset with him? Unreal.

Also, anyone who thinks that last pass play in which he hit Mike Wallace with a catchable football 65 yards downfield while being totally blasted and unable to step into the throw was a bad pass, is a ****ing moron. Period. If you're going to come into this thread and claim that was a bad pass, just come on out right now and say it so you can get an 'official Finheaven moron' badge.

Thank you so much for actually watching the game and making a fair analysis agree 100 percent

Enlighten us oh Draft guru? Who are the better options in the draft???

I'm glad you acknowledge that I am a guru since I wanted Wilson over Tannehill; I appreciate that. But here's my list based on our current draft position: David Fales, Jimmy Garappolo, and of-course Johnny Manziel. Even if you don't want to take a QB in the first (Manziel) at least consider taking Fales and Garappolo in the 3/4th round for competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wallace should have had that last one. That's definitely on him. I don't care if it was a perfect throw or not. He got himself all turned around, but he had his hands on it. Playmakers make plays. I can live with some drops, but you need to elevate your play in money time. He didn't.

Tannehill played well enough to win today.

The problem today in my opinion was the lack of safe and effective passing targets when the team needed first downs to win the game and couldn't run the ball effectively. There is no go-to tight end, and no big possession receiver who provides a target for high-percentage throws.

Carolina extended drives with its running game and its receivers, and consequently they had 20 first downs to our 13. 13 first downs is a very poor game in that department.

I blame Tannehill for inaccurate deep ball throws. That is about it. Team game. Many ways to lose a game and Miami finds many of those ways.

Not one of the responders named a player on offense that was better than Tannehill today. Enough said.

im tired of the excuses for RT. he's not getting any better nor is he making the players around him better.

Yes he is. Getting better doesn't mean you never make mistakes or have poor games. He may not be getting better at everything and still has some major problems to work on, but overall he has shown some progress this year.

Another thing I noticed the team has no go to plays or go to players on third and 3 or 4. Everything is a struggle.

A consistent running game would help this team tremendously.

More creative playcalling will help this team tremendously.

Ryan Tannehill has to go, he really sucks, all he has to do is run with the ball and get a first down and we easily win this game.

I predict next year, if we keep him and Philbin, it will be the same result.

Ryan Tannehill is not a a very good QB.

Back
Top Bottom