To the Mods on this forum.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To the Mods on this forum..

VanDolPhan said:
This is a sports forum. There are hundreds of places to talk about such including a forum on this very board. There are plenty of people who come to this section of the forum cause it's a "sports forum" and don't give a crap for it. So why should some impose their will on others.

There are rules to this forum and no one's above it. So give it a rest and talk about it in the lounge instead of trying to put it on a miami dolphins forum. Unless the pope was a huge dolphins fan and was talking about them on his death bed there's no relevance to this particular forum. All it comes across is a minority trying to push their viewpoint across where it doesn't belong.

you are very correct lets go by the strictest interpritation of the rules!! by my account there are like 10 threads that need to be moved. come on mods get to it. chop chop.

I could see the problem if they deleted the thread....but they just moved it to the appropriate forum.

The mods are the ones who are the caretakers of this board that we all enjoy so much....and it's their consistency with the rules which makes it a good a board as it is. So in short.....get off their nuts!!!

Ducken said:
you are very correct lets go by the strictest interpritation of the rules!! by my account there are like 10 threads that need to be moved. come on mods get to it. chop chop.

You are correct, including this thread.. Which will shortly be moved to the "Complaints and Suggestions" forum where it belongs..

Others that need to be moved:
-Breckeridge's Back!
-Madden Forum

I really don't know what "moved" means because you can still access the thread in the main forum.

Just a question: If another Oklahoma-City-type bombing happened (God forbid), would it be improper to post this breaking news in the main forum? Curious as to your responses.

RevRick said:
I am absolutely appalled that you have no more grasp of the impact of world events on every human being, such as the passing of a major world figure who has helped make this world more free for such things as this forum, than to worry more about your Terms of Service, or more afraid that you might not be politically correct enough to allow the thread about the passing of the Pope remain where it was posted. Shame on you!
"Shame on you"??? Its a dolphins forum....you know "Fin Heaven"? They move what isnt Dolphin related....go to the lounge.

LostInPatsLand said:
I really don't know what "moved" means because you can still access the thread in the main forum.

Just a question: If another Oklahoma-City-type bombing happened (God forbid), would it be improper to post this breaking news in the main forum? Curious as to your responses.

If it was a large scale event that could potentially involve the SAFETY and LIVES of those who access this forum I dont think it would be moved immediately.. But as for the Pope.. This isnt really breaking news.. He has been dying for the past week and everyone knew he was pretty much gone since yesterday. And again, the Pope's death does not put any of the forum users in any imminent danger that may need a warning.

The point is, is that there is a place for everything, this is for dolphins related things, You can talk about mourning the pope all you want, but how is posting it on a dolphins message board going to help you mourn exactly?
And enlighten me if I seem ignorant, but how exactly did the pope make things more free for things such as this forum. Currently, I am on the veterans band wagon, for helping maintain freedom.

SkapePhin said:
If it was a large scale event that could potentially involve the SAFETY and LIVES of those who access this forum I dont think it would be moved immediately.. But as for the Pope.. This isnt really breaking news.. He has been dying for the past week and everyone knew he was pretty much gone since yesterday. And again, the Pope's death does not put any of the forum users in any imminent danger that may need a warning.
Well put. :)

Dubfire said:
Major world figure to whom? You?
exactly.

these people do not mean the same to you as they do to me. in fact i might be so bold as to completely disagree with Jaj and RevRick.

Not everyone on here is catholic and christian.... not everyone is required to respect these people just because they hold great significance to you based on your religion.

I could say the same thing about you not "having respect" for another poster on here when they share something of personal value or significance to them....

its hard for you guys to understand my point because you have your religious blinders on. step outside yourself and look at it from the 3rd person. how is it fair that poster x gets his thread about so-and-so dying moved, and no one cares or says anything... but then poster y gets his thread about the pope moved, and you guys complain it WAS moved? it was moved to its proper forum.

Why does the Miami Dolphins Discussion forum have to be the front page for everything? thats what i don't understand...

Losman7 said:
The pope is a world figure. Love him, hate him, believer, non believer. Thats like saying Bush isn't a world figure because you disagree with him.
i'm not saying he isn't a world figure... but i AM contesting his importance to different people in this world.

My religion, texasPHINSfanism, has recently lost a major figure.... my sister. Did i go posting it in the wrong forum to get more exposure?

lets face it, that was the only reason it was posted in the phins football forum instead of the lounge - to get maximum exposure.

SkapePhin said:

Point well taken. However, if the Pope passed away during a sporting event, I'm sure the announcer would say something about it during a pause in the game. It is appropriate to interrupt an event when something occurs that affects the lives of a sizeable U.S. minority.

texasPHINSfan said:
exactly.

these people do not mean the same to you as they do to me. in fact i might be so bold as to completely disagree with Jaj and RevRick.

Not everyone on here is catholic and christian.... not everyone is required to respect these people just because they hold great significance to you based on your religion.

I could say the same thing about you not "having respect" for another poster on here when they share something of personal value or significance to them....

its hard for you guys to understand my point because you have your religious blinders on. step outside yourself and look at it from the 3rd person. how is it fair that poster x gets his thread about so-and-so dying moved, and no one cares or says anything... but then poster y gets his thread about the pope moved, and you guys complain it WAS moved? it was moved to its proper forum.

Why does the Miami Dolphins Discussion forum have to be the front page for everything? thats what i don't understand...

I already said that if another major event happened such as this I would agree with it being here. I felt that numerous people were being treated as if they had done something wrong. Especially one person who chose the thread to denounce religion and such and such. It was not an opinionated thread and did not insult anyone.

It's not like I'm posting paragraphs of my views against the ACLU or anything. That might insult some in the main forum. This was harmless.

RevRick said:
I am absolutely appalled that you have no more grasp of the impact of world events on every human being, such as the passing of a major world figure who has helped make this world more free for such things as this forum, than to worry more about your Terms of Service, or more afraid that you might not be politically correct enough to allow the thread about the passing of the Pope remain where it was posted. Shame on you!

:roflmao: :roflmao: Yeah man, right on. :rolleyes:

Not being religious in any way its no big deal to me, but i do like to think that I have consideration for others and do respect that the pope is huge within religious ranks. What is a mod--I know what one is in England, but it obviously is not the same in the U.S.

Ducken said:

I like the fact that this particular area of FinHeaven is free of religion and politics.

When I come to FinHeaven, I dont want to hear about Politicians, Iraq or Religious views.

I like the fact that they banned all those stupid political sigs last year!!!!!!

There is a place for all of that......BUT ITS NOT HERE!

Back
Top Bottom