To the Mods on this forum.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To the Mods on this forum..

LostInPatsLand said:
Point well taken. However, if the Pope passed away during a sporting event, I'm sure the announcer would say something about it during a pause in the game. It is appropriate to interrupt an event when something occurs that affects the lives of a sizeable U.S. minority.

Well.. the Post was up on the main page for a couple minutes, then moved.. That is the equivalent of a broadcaster saying in passing "We have just learned that John Paul II has passed, our prayers are with him." in my opinion.. I highly doubt that a sports broadcast would have a little ticker at the bottom throughout the broadcat saying "rest in peace Pope John Paul II"..

I think this should be moved...:lol:

Just go to the right forum. It's so hard, I know.

I also feel that it is in poor taste to rub some people's noses in something so trivial as proper posting protocol when a major figure in some people's lives passes.

bah every forum I vist that someone has posted this it has gone into either politics and religous forum or Heated off topic or something of the sort.

leave it off the main page

Jaj said:
I already said that if another major event happened such as this I would agree with it being here. I felt that numerous people were being treated as if they had done something wrong. Especially one person who chose the thread to denounce religion and such and such. It was not an opinionated thread and did not insult anyone.

It's not like I'm posting paragraphs of my views against the ACLU or anything. That might insult some in the main forum. This was harmless.
my tirade was a defense about being attacked for asking if it was posted in the correct forum - not choosing to "denounce religion such and such."

look, if you are catholic, thats fine. but if i am Jewish, Arab, Buddhist, Sunni, Mormon, Agnostic, or Atheist, you have to respect that too. Just because i am not catholic doesn't mean i am against religion. this is the same view devout religious folk have that cause problems... they think that if you aren't their religion, you are against religion. whoever said that?

don't turn this into a "religion-bashing" thread....

i did not directly insult anyone until i was insulted first. if you must, read each of my posts and see what they were replying to.

texasPHINSfan said:
my tirade was a defense about being attacked for asking if it was posted in the correct forum - not choosing to "denounce religion such and such."

look, if you are catholic, thats fine. but if i am Jewish, Arab, Buddhist, Sunni, Mormon, Agnostic, or Atheist, you have to respect that too. Just because i am not catholic doesn't mean i am against religion.

don't turn this into a "religion-bashing" thread....

i did not directly insult anyone until i was insulted first. if you must, read each of my posts and see what they were replying to.

You misunderstand Sir. You aren't the one who "religion-bashing". It was someone else who I fired back against.

LostInPatsLand said:
I also feel that it is in poor taste to rub some people's noses in something so trivial as proper posting protocol when a major figure in some people's lives passes.

The point is he wasn't an important figure in ALL of our lives. There is an approprite place to post non-Dolphins topics. I'm not trying to downplay the significance of his passing for millions around the world. Just simply stating there is a more appropriate place to discuss it.

SkapePhin said:
Well.. the Post was up on the main page for a couple minutes, then moved.. That is the equivalent of a broadcaster saying in passing "We have just learned that John Paul II has passed, our prayers are with him." in my opinion.. I highly doubt that a sports broadcast would have a little ticker at the bottom throughout the broadcat saying "rest in peace Pope John Paul II"..

No, however, ESPNEWS for over an hour has kept active a breaking news bulletin about the Pope's passing. If it's good enough for ESPNEWS, I sure you can say its good enough for this site.

CanadaPhinsFan said:
The point is he wasn't an important figure in ALL of our lives. There is an approprite place to post non-Dolphins topics. I'm not trying to downplay the significance of his passing for millions around the world. Just simply stating there is a more appropriate place to discuss it.

You have a point, but my point is that this idea has been expressed with little or no tact.

Oh well. This forum may be the best source for Dolphin-related information, but on a personal level its a cold, petty and insensitive place to visit. Im sure AJ - who has been very candid with the rest of us about his relationship with his own father - would agree that there is a time and a place for everything.

Try explaining that to the board police :rolleyes:

LostInPatsLand said:
No, however, ESPNEWS for over an hour has kept active a breaking news bulletin about the Pope's passing. If it's good enough for ESPNEWS, I sure you can say its good enough for this site.

Are you joking? The only reason they're doing it is for ratings.

Just go to the right forum and stop crying. It's not a big deal to click over to the right area of the forum, is it?

Surferosa said:
Oh well. This forum may be the best source for Dolphin-related information, but on a personal level its a cold, petty and insensitive place to visit. Im sure AJ - who has been very candid with the rest of us about his relationship with his own father - would agree that there is a time and a place for everything.

I wholeheartedly agree.

LostInPatsLand said:

Seriously? ESPNEWS has a Pope Watch thing going on?? Thats surprising to me.. Anyway, finheaven isnt ESPNEWS.

Hostile7 said:
Are you joking? The only reason they're doing it is for ratings.

Just go to the right forum and stop crying. It's not a big deal to click over to the right area of the forum, is it?

And it's not a big idea for you guys to shut up and go about your business.

Back
Top Bottom