Today is Oklahoma's Pro-Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Today is Oklahoma's Pro-Day

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
We get to see what Joe Mixon can do. I do not see him getting picked before the 5th rd., but some team will take a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Mixon in on our wish list with or without the past. Need to focus on fixing the OG position late in the Draft after selecting a couple of starters for our front 7.

I'm sure he'll be off a lot of teams' boards, but to get a guy of that caliber late in the draft is something to consider.

Love Jay Ajayi, but have to be at least a little concerned about his knees long-term.

I know this horse has been beaten to death but wish we had more picks this year. Draft is DEEP at RB and DB. I like Jay but his long term durability worries me a bit with the knee and his running style.

It will also be the first time maligned receiver Dede Westbrook works out after declining an invitation to participate in the Senior Bowl and then not working out at the combine.

For those keeping track, Westbrook met with the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday night.

The Oklahoma pro day is over, and several prospects looked very good.

Let’s start with running back Joe Mixon, who performed as expected.

Mixon’s 40 times ranged from 4.43s to 4.46s, his short shuttle timed 4.25s and he clocked around seven seconds flat in the three-cone. All those marks ranked top six when compared to the times of running backs at the combine.

His other marks included 9-foot-10 in the broad jump and 35 inches in the vertical jump, and he looked strong in completing 21 reps on the bench.

I thought Mixon looked a little stiff in ball-carrying drills, especially bag drills when he moved laterally.

The pass-catching drills were another story altogether.

Mixon looked natural catching the ball, running sharp, crisp routes and snatching the ball with his hands away from his frame. His quickness and footwork into breaks and exiting routes was outstanding. I saw one deep pass route hit the turf.

When all is said and done, this workout was expected by Mixon and his numbers will come as a surprise to no one.

Where does Mixon get drafted? Does he even get drafted?

The resounding theme I hear can be summed up by what I was told by a team a little while ago: “I hope someone else drafts him so we aren’t tempted.” The last time I heard this type of comment made about a player was in 2014. The player was Johnny Manziel.

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-8-oklahoma

Back
Top Bottom