Todd Christensen passes away

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by gafin, Nov 13, 2013.

1. gafin

gafin A True Fan

2. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

RIP. He was such an essential part of that dominating raiders team of the 80's. I always enjoyed him as a commentator too. He will be missed by many.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  3. spiral

spiral Starter

Sweet Jheri-curl too. RIP

4. Digital

Digital Starter

It is a sad day indeed. He was not only a great player but a special human being. He was exceptionally eloquent and made events come alive with his descriptions.

He was a great Raider. The NFL was better with him in it. Todd, you will be missed.

5. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

I was shocked to hear that yesterday. I hadn't heard about his serious liver issues.

Christensen was a high profile player in college. Somehow there's a notion that nobody knew anything before ESPN or the internet. I was still in Miami during Christensen's college days and we saw BYU all the time. He was a pass catching fullback with a big frame. I can't say I projected Christensen to be so successful as a standard tight end but he definitely appeared to have an NFL future.

Following his career I always enjoyed him as an analyst. He had good rapport with his announcing partners and a needling sense of humor.