Todd Christensen passes away | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Todd Christensen passes away

RIP. He was such an essential part of that dominating raiders team of the 80's. I always enjoyed him as a commentator too. He will be missed by many.

20236-1.jpg

toddchristensen1_display_image-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a sad day indeed. He was not only a great player but a special human being. He was exceptionally eloquent and made events come alive with his descriptions.

He was a great Raider. The NFL was better with him in it. Todd, you will be missed.

I was shocked to hear that yesterday. I hadn't heard about his serious liver issues.

Christensen was a high profile player in college. Somehow there's a notion that nobody knew anything before ESPN or the internet. I was still in Miami during Christensen's college days and we saw BYU all the time. He was a pass catching fullback with a big frame. I can't say I projected Christensen to be so successful as a standard tight end but he definitely appeared to have an NFL future.

Following his career I always enjoyed him as an analyst. He had good rapport with his announcing partners and a needling sense of humor.

Back
Top Bottom